Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
JCx1984

All right so here goes nothing 1.23.06

DAY 23

damn, woke up with very small zits on my right cheek, so i guess its starting to have spots again.

but then, they are so small, they'll be dead by tomorrow or at latest day after.

Perhaps, my cheeks wont' get cysts anymore, and these zits will be it....????

blah.

Thanks for the comments Martin and Anne, and im glad you are clearing Anne, and Martin... im not sure how you are but hopefully we get rid of our acne soon.

191 Pills and 129 Days to go

DAY 24

Ahhhh, time is flying by now. My eyes no longer bother me, so it looks like its adjusted, but my hands are like spazzin' out, its so gross Im scared to show my hand to people. But anyways....

In 3 days, I will be DONE with my months' supply of accutane.

That means its time to shell out 350 right out of my pocket again. Sometimes I wonder how I am managing to pay rent, utility, car payments, food, and all the other BS living costs ALONG WITH ACCUTANE by myself. Jeez, at age 21, I dont think I know anybody whos like me.

Well, I have 4 siblings, and since im the oldest one, I can't quite ask my dad to chip in for something so expensive. He already pays my car insurance as it is.

Whatever, time is flyin by and im peelin everywhere.

189 Pills and 128 Days to go

$350? That's gotta be generic, right? Presumably with no insurance?

Yup, tane's expensive (especially with the bloodwork and derm visits) but compare it against spending money for the next 12 months on various other prescriptions, experimenting with different topicals, ordering the obscure and expensive remedies that sometimes get suggested here, etc.

Whack a load of moisturiser on those hands! Seems that they get better if you moisturise 'em fairly frequently...

DAY 26

2 new cysts on my jaw that somehow is going right to head.

one of em stings. damn, maybe it'll scar.

blah

other than that... cheeks doin great.

I realized Claravis is going to save me 160 dollars a month for this stuff, is it okay to switch to Claravis? pharmacists all say yes...

186 Pills and 126 Days to go

DAY 27

Its a special day.

I've just finished my 4th pack of Accutane.

So without the headache, obviously my pill count is at 40! haha

Lets see.... Im switching to Claravis on Monday, meaning I won't be taking accutane tomorrow, hopefully missing one day won't do anything bad.

Just about done with month 1, can't believe it, time flew by.

Oh! I just got a new comp today! Lifes lookin' pretty good!

Oh yeah acne? i've got a couple active on my jawlines, but they are much smaller than they used to be before. The sideeffects of lips and eyes continue, although the eyes have calmed down compared to the earlier levels of course.

Im estimating I'll be clear by mid april. or very close to it. My course ends in mid June.

Ho hum.

185 Pills and 125 Days to go

How goes it JC?

I found out Claravis was much cheaper here too by checking around with local pharmacies. It's a whopping $200 cheaper than Amnesteem here. I was very surprised. I'll probably be switching to it too after the next derm visit.

For the lips, i'm using Blistex Complete Moisture (in a tube) during the day. It comes in a blue box. Is that what you're using? It seems to be doing the trick for me. No dryness on the lips at all that I can tell. Also using Aquaphor healing ointment before bed.

My face isn't doing quite so well though.. just had another breakout start up, but it's not as severe as my first one.

DAY 29

damn I got tricked, i got like 3~4 new small cysts under my jaw (well.. no one can see it since its under my jaw, but still, damn it)

Cheeks are relatively clear, only one pimple on the right side.

Switched to Claravis today, dont feel any different though.

Im getting lazier and lazier to write a log everyday, couple weeks ago I couldn't wait to update, and now im just lazy haha

either way, day 31 is comin !

184 Pills and 124 Days to go

Good luck man, i have it way worse than yours and on my 4rd month. Still not improving much but i have faith that it will work !!

Prednisone really helps, at least i think, in getting the swelling down on the face. (meaning cysts drop down quicker)

i m on both accutane and prednisone, and pred, actually i think has more effect on me than tane as far as MENTAL HEALTH GOES(for some reason, when its not supposed to be even a side-effect) Before I began tane, i was on prednisone for two weeks, and I was having insane thoughts in my head, but anyway...

Prednisone is a steroid. Ask your derm about it.

hey jc thanks for visiting my log, i have been keeping up with your progress and seems to be going ok, rocky ride for us ithink. im praying to be clear by may cos im going on holidays so i dont want a face full of acne again this year.

may is not to much to ask is it?? it will have been 3 months then.

my nose is one giant scab but its not acne its as a result of me scrubing my nose, naughty girl. its not to bad healing pretty quickly but please do nto try this at home.

good luck

DAY 31

Good lord, i broke out like 3 new small cysts on my cheeks again, god this is so annoying.

Such a bad day, i swear, I have a roomate whos really concerned about me because my lips are falling off, and she keeps telling me I shouldn't be on tane since it hasn't worked in a month, it gets quite annoying actually, to hear stuff like that especially after you broke out. I mean, damn, do they think I don't know what im doing?

Im suffering from the eyes again, perhaps it was me switching to Claravis thats doing this to me, I guess my body has to get used to claravis or something, but then its not even supposed to matter, so perhaps its just a typical breakout. Either way, the eyes are so damn annoying I want to punch through every wall in my room because it sucks.

whatever, bad day

Oh and by the way, month 1 of accutane is completed.

181 Pills and 122 Days to go

MONTH 2 DAY 1

Yuck, i dont know what happened to me, I was doing so well, but now im breaking out like WOAH.

well, no new pimples since yesterday but, these two cysts on my cheekbones are pretty gross. And then theres a big cyst that went to a whitehead then turned into a big scab like 5 days ago, and then it peeled off during the shower(i didnt do it, the water did) and now its all red as if someone dug a hole in my face.

This stuff was working so well for me, I dont know whats going on. And my eyes are crazy as they have been since the first week, theres no way switching brands did this, could it be...

Damn it, my cheeks were healing so well, looks like I'll have to deal with fresh bright red marks again.

sigh, I thought I was on my way.

So frustrating.

179 Pills and 121 Days to go

DAY 31

Good lord, i broke out like 3 new small cysts on my cheeks again, god this is so annoying.

Such a bad day, i swear, I have a roomate whos really concerned about me because my lips are falling off, and she keeps telling me I shouldn't be on tane since it hasn't worked in a month, it gets quite annoying actually, to hear stuff like that especially after you broke out. I mean, damn, do they think I don't know what im doing?

Im suffering from the eyes again, perhaps it was me switching to Claravis thats doing this to me, I guess my body has to get used to claravis or something, but then its not even supposed to matter, so perhaps its just a typical breakout. Either way, the eyes are so damn annoying I want to punch through every wall in my room because it sucks.

whatever, bad day

Oh and by the way, month 1 of accutane is completed.

181 Pills and 122 Days to go

I had one of my friends telling me I shouldn't be on 'tane either. It's alright for anyone that doesn't have to live with acne to spout off advice isn't it... they don't have to faff around with ruddy topicals and tablets all day! Needless to say, I told them there was no way I was changing my mind.

Sorry to hear your eyes are playing up... I'm using generic CVS drops and my eyes have been fine for a while now, although they were driving me crazy back around day 5/6. I'm generally wearing my glasses for most of the time now though, saving my lenses for sports and the like - contact lenses feel fine but I guess it's probably better anyway just to cut down on their usage for a few months.

MONTH 2 DAY 3 (day 34)

Oooh... face elimating these things to a head rather quickly, in a nasty way though i might add.

Still sucks, but at least its gotten to a head so whatever.

Since couple days ago I've had SLIGHT knee pains, it doesn't hurt or anything, but its annoying, but it only happens if i hadn't gotten enough sleep, right now im feeling fine (got 8 hours of sleep)

eyes calmed back down again.

please eyes, stay calmed down, accutane will be so much more bearable if it doesn't act up.

other than acne, life seems to be going well, so whatever right? lets just take the positive attitude.

And thanks to my readers and visitors, without you guys this would be much tougher.

Week 5 ends tomorrow.

176 Pills and 119 Days to go

MONTH 2 DAY 4 (day 35)

Oooh.... things going well all a sudden.

Next thing i know i'll break out so im not getting my hopes up.

actuallly, yeah, im getting my hopes up.

can you blame me though?

175 Pills and 118 Days to go

sometimes hope is the best thing to aspire to.

i read your log with admiration and also with a good understanding of what you're going through. you have a long long way to go, and all these effects initially are not going to last the full course. soon enough it'll all be uphilll and you'll be able to look back on the first month with a smile and new knowledge.

good luck again.