Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
HBOMB

When you finish tane are you supposed to....

Tane can continue to improve your skin for a while after you stop taking it. If you break out bad then antibiotics are a lot more effective post tane along with a topical if necessary.

After I finished my second course of Accutane about 4 years ago, I remember still dealing with mild acne and a ton of redness. I was prescribed Tazorac and Clindagel (Clindamycin) soon after. I didn't notice the slightest bit of change, but 5-6 months into it, my skin was practically perfect. It happened really, really suddenly, which was weird; however, I wasn't about to complain. So, to answer your question: Not everyone is crystal clear after taking Accutane; in fact, I still broke out mildly following each of my two courses. I can definitely attest to the fact that it significantly reduces the severity of future outbreaks. Psychologically, I still dread waking up one morning and having my face return to the way it was when I was 15 (I'm 22 now). Physically, though, the Accutane makes that fairly improbable. *Fingers crossed*

Yeah, I get some small whiteheads but not as bad as its been. Hopefully it will continue to work after my course.