Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
blahxx

microdermabrasion - will it help rough skin patches? *cheeks*

i think i read that i should avoid fine crystals bcuz they can damage the pores or something..are fine crystals my only choice as far as microdermabrasion goes? will microdermabrasion help my superficial, small, scarred pores and rough skin patches? thank you!

It will help superficial small pores and scars. I did it years ago. My skin looked a lot better.

I think the only way is with fine crystals and it must be done professionally to see any results and you need a series of at least eight, preferably 10-12.

were the results permanet? i have small, superficial scarred pores..not a lot either so im very hopefuly. my cheeks need to be in better texture too and im sure microdermabrasion will also improve the look and feel of my entire face. did you go to a physician or an esthetician?

I have been using Mary Kay's microderma kit, the crystals are VERY small and fine and it's been great. If you live in the US you can get a free sample, http://www.marykay.com/adsample/main.aspx?...redirectsid=215 it got great reviews from makeupalley http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showrev...ary_Kay/Scrubs/ its expensive but you can buy the samples from eBay and they are much cheaper and will last a long time (that is what I did, I got 12 applications for $6).

Good luck, I love it and it makes my face super soft and doesn't iritate me at all.

were the results permanet? i have small, superficial scarred pores..not a lot either so im very hopefuly. my cheeks need to be in better texture too and im sure microdermabrasion will also improve the look and feel of my entire face. did you go to a physician or an esthetician?

No, the results aren't permanent. After my series I was supposed to go back for maintence - I think it was every three months or something like that, but I didn't...dumb!

I had it done at my derm's office by an aestitician....stay away from salons. The person needs to be licensed, IMO.

I think the kits you can buy are a waste of time and money...you need the suction from the machine.

i know i tried at home microdermabrasion before too and it didnt do anything for my face. were you suppose to go back every three months for ONE treatment? and since you didnt go back hows your skin now? back to the way it was before or a bit better? im going to start looking into doctors who offer microdermabrasion. thanks for the info.

Is it true that microderm helps to stretch the skin a little, like a taut effect? I don't get the logic in that.

i know i tried at home microdermabrasion before too and it didnt do anything for my face. were you suppose to go back every three months for ONE treatment? and since you didnt go back hows your skin now? back to the way it was before or a bit better? im going to start looking into doctors who offer microdermabrasion. thanks for the info.

Yes, every three months for one maintenence treatment.

My skin now? It's hard to tell because I am older and have more scarring than I did three years ago.

Like with retin-a, if you don't continue using it the results aren't permanent.

Is it true that microderm helps to stretch the skin a little, like a taut effect? I don't get the logic in that.

I don't know...sorry.

I have rough skin patches, (not deep scarring) but not perfectly smooth either, and it is relegated to my cheeks. I get microderm about once every 6 weeks. I've had a total of about 8 or 9 treatments. I use apple cider vinegar every day too and I exfoliate my skin with an at-home micro derm twice a week.

How much does all of this improve my skin? I would say it makes it 50 to 60% smoother than it would otherwise be. I should probably think about the fraxel but I want to believe the price will be coming down as more Doctors take on the procedure, so I figure that this is good enough for now. Btw - I get my microderm from someone who is licensed. They do it on the highest setting (yes it does hurt every now and then) and she does a glycolic peel before doing it to remove some of the dead skin cells. Microderm is expensive and you have to keep doing it, but there is no downtime and I think it is one of the best options out there for semi-rough skin (but not deep scarring).

my last esthetician suggested that i combine microderm treatments with glycolic acid peels..or was it salysic? is it true that acid peels may enlarge scarred pores or just pores? and the same esthetician told me to keep using the benzyol peroxide that i bought from her when my face was swollen, red, itchy, peeling and very irritated from it and ever since that incident i decided that she just does not have enough knowledge about skin. i found out later on my own that i was having an allergic reaction to bp and shouldve stopped using it immediately. it was a long process of healing after that incident and i will never using bp ever again.

anyways, should i go back to her for microdermabraions and chemical peels? she does have many years of experience....like over ten or maybe even twenty. but why didnt she know the symptoms of bp allergy? she couldve at least told me to back off until my skin normalizes and then try again. instead she told me that MY SKIN needs to get used to the bp and that it will take about a month for that to happen. i told her it's been more than a month but she just told me to keep applying it to my skin. even her assistants looked concerned when they saw how irritated my skin was.