Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tj101

How bad are your scars, would you rather have some other defect/give up something important?

I'm sure you could still run without your pinky toe.

I would give up my pinky toe for flawless skin.

YOU COULD RUN BUT YOU CAN'T HIDE.

I'm sure you could still run without your pinky toe.

I would give up my pinky toe for flawless skin.

hmmmmm....okay, for perfect skin, i would give up my pinky toe. the issue with bad skin is that our flaw is front and center. i'd rather have something that takes a little longer to find. i think a lot of this skin thing is that it makes us all insecure and we lack self confidence b/c of this front and center thing. as we all know, the most important step is getting in the door. having bad skin prevents me from getting in the door, or even on the porch for that matter.

The worst part for me is having to give oral presentations, being a college student, EVERYDAY in almost EVERY class.

You know when there are days when you feel it's all in your head and then you try to make yourself feel better by lying to yourself? Well, I've done that--turns out that people do notice, but they are either scared to ask you or they want to reccomend something. But the point of the matter is that it's gonna happen everyday and everyday I have to suck it up until I find a solution.

tj, I'm still curious as to what you did to improve your scars.

...sorry, I thought I had replied already. Since I never really saw a good review on the expensive treatments, I tried stuff I could do at home. Tried a bunch of over-the-counter junk, Glycolic peels, copper peptides, TCA peels, TCA CROSS, needling and A-Peels. I think the thing that has worked the best for me is needling in conjuction with A-Peels. I should also mention that while doing that I take a high dosage of vitamin C suplements which is supposed to help with collagen.

What the heck is needling. I have seen that on here before and have no idea. You do it at home??

sjeagle30, needling, I thought the term was pretty straight forward. Anyway, needling is the procedure where you have your scars needled to supposedly break up the scar tissue that hold them down.

notsobad, yes, it is not funny, but when your skin looks like s**t you think different. From your nickname I get the impression you don't have it that bad. If you did, you'd probably think different.

I was thinking today after talking to my sister and brother who are just starting college at 30 and late 20s because they were too busy partying, that I would gladly give up my college degree and start all over for healthy normal skin like theirs.

OK, but would you rather be a burn victim? It could be worse. Sorry to rain on the pity party. I have thought about gaining weight, but not losing limbs.

I dont want this to sound mean, but I think topics like this are a little disfunctional. When I saw the title of the post I was really put off. I am here to find and provide information about improving acne scars and I dont want to look at topic titles that put the idea in my head that I have a "defect" that is possibly worse than missing limbs. I also don't think it is healthy for any of us to aid each other in self deprecating ideas.

But again no offense to the topic creator.

OK, but would you rather be a burn victim? It could be worse. Sorry to rain on the pity party. I have thought about gaining weight, but not losing limbs.

Of course not, and yes, it could always be worse. That's why I pray everyday and thank God for not making mine any worse. If had my face totally burned up, I would just kill myself, there's no point in living if you can't feel alive. I know some people could live with it, but not me, I'm not that strong.

Got2BStrong14, no offense taken. This post is not putting "the idea in [your] head that [you] have a "defect"" The fact the you come to this place indicates you already think that way, if you didn't think you had a defect, you wouldn't come here in the first place. You should take as encouragement some of my comments on this thread, I've improved my scars so much that I went from rather be missing a leg/arm to only rather be missing finger/toe. :)

I WOULD GIVE UP MY PENIS THOUSAND TIMES! TO HAVE A PERFECT SKIN. NO DOUBT ABOUT IT!!!

Lorena Bobbit, Please! Where are you Lorena Bobbit???? Wanna help my dreams come true????? Please I'm begging you honey!