Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

hey have you guys ever tried tetracycline or doxycycline? for those of you who have, please give me a quick review of how it worked or ddnt work for you. thanks

also - tetracycline and minocycline are two totally different antibiotics right? i dunno why i thought they were both one and the same

I've been on doxycycline for several months now. Along with Duac and Tazorac, I've had really good results. I'm almost clear and I had a lot of active pimples (many cystic) before I started this regimen. You might want to also hear about some possible side effects from people who have taken these medications. I've had a couple of nosebleeds, and for about the first week on the antibiotic, I had pretty bad chest pain, especially when I ate. But it went away. Other than that, nothing bad.

Yes, minocycline and tetracycline are two different things. I don't know much about either one. But I know doxycycline is a type of tetracycline.

I would recommend doxycycline!

Doxycycline took care of most of my white heads and slightly reduced redness from past pimples, but I had to take it with a full meal or else I became nauseated. I also had an uncommon side effect of slight muscle spasms. Not sure about the latter question.

Tetracycline is the most potent of the tetracyclines (Yes, tetracycline is both a single antibiotic and a branch of antibiotics that includes minocycline, doxycycline, and tetracycline.)

I've been on doxycycline, but it messed with my stomach quite a bit, so I got off it. I was only on it for a couple of weeks at most.

My current regimen is in my sig. It works well.

i have a question regarding doxycycline. i used it about a little over a year ago and it worked perfectly but then i got off of it and broke out worse than ever. i started using it again about 4 months ago and the results are very mild. it doesn't work nearly as well as it used to and i still have frequent break outs. somebody please help!!!

Doxycycline is a type of tetracycline sometimes also packaged as verbramycin. There is a decent sticky on one of the forums on this. I have had good success on minocin and trimethropin clearing me up completely but that was following a course of tane. Long term resistance was a problem for me but if you have a good derm they will cycle your antis on a regular basis. You can still use a topical at the same time, various thoughts on whether to use one with a different antibiotic from that you are taking orally or to use the same. The idea is to confuse the skin bacteria so that they don't become resistant so quickly hence why some topical antibiotics are mixed with zinc or bp for this reason. Hope that is of some use and good luck.