Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sleepflower

Overall success of the regimen

In absence of the official poll (it disappeared, it seems), I wanted to start a new one to get an idea of how many people the regimen worked for. Preferably you should have been on the regimen for a minimum of 3-6 months before voting. At least vote, and if you wish, detail your love/hatred/other emotions for the regimen.

(if the official poll still exists somewhere in the ether, a moderator can delete this and direct me to it)

(LOL -- err, my poll disappeared or something? How embarassing... perhaps just give me a ##/10 rating?!)

I'd give it a 5. I did the big R for about five months consistantly

The regimin did help clear up my active problems, but I developed a really bad clogged pore problem. Also, my face always felt red and irritated.

I'd give it a 5. I did the big R for about five months consistantly

The regimin did help clear up my active problems, but I developed a really bad clogged pore problem. Also, my face always felt red and irritated.

7/10 for me. It helped alot but isn't enough without taking extra steps e.g. vitamin supplements etc

that plus red marks >_<

I haven't really followed the regimen closely, however, I HAVE followed the basic principles (use Cetaphil cleanser no more than twice a day, use Dan's BP at night, use moisturizer during the day). It has really helped my acne. I still get the occasional pimple but not nearly as often as I used to.

Guest yahyah

definate 10/10, its not a mircale overnight cure, it requires persistance and trial &error.. four months on the regimen and i'm 100% clear.

Ok, the dryness is annoying, the regimen is time consuming... BUT... how long had we all suffered with acne? Surely longer than four months? Surely permanent acne is worse than the regimen side-effects (dry skin & redness) albeit temporary. The dryness & redness will go, and acne-free skin is great.

i have only been on the regimen for 2 weeks, but am in love. i have had no reddness or drying problems. nothing adverse at all. i didn't have very bad acne per say, but this has definately help a lot. i would give it a 9/10. not a ten because i can't say anything about the long haul yet.

10/10. I've been on the Regimen for approx. 5 months. I'm 100% clear with no new breakouts. I only have a few red marks, but they're beginning to fade.

Been on for about 5 months. 9/10, cleared me up very well after the 1st week or two. Only get occasional pimples now and not one cyst since I started.

10/10 After three months I was pretty clear, red marks were not any worse than usual and have now faded. I've been on it for about a year and a half now.

I got a pimple the other day, first one in a few months. I am very pleased with the results.

I have been using a modified regimen and it works great for me. 10/10!!

The following is actually a re-post from an older thread:

I have been using a 2% bp/aloe vera gel that is available here in Spain, and a gentle soap. My regimen does not include any moisturizer.

I wash my face at night every other day because the soap is too harsh to use more often. The only other washing my face gets is daily rinsing in the shower. I apply the bg/aloe vera gel every night, and I use A LOT. I do not use any moisturizer because I do not seem to need it (and finding one that doesn't cost a fortune or contain pore-clogging crap is very hard in Spain).

The result of following this regimen since October 2005 has been a steady improvement of my complextion and MUCH less new acne. I still get the occational big ugly one, but they are much less frequent and go away much more quickly than they used to.

New Problem:

I am growing my beard back, and I have the unfortunate habit of stroking my chin now. I can feel 2 new little pimples rising to the surface there. I need to either shave the beard or ditch the habit (I opt for the second). So now I have to try to apply bp to the skin under my beard... Any suggestions guys?

How I will procede:

Figure out what to do about the beard/chin problem. If I have to shave it, so be it.

So far so good, but I think I might have improved faster if I had used bp twice a day. Never late than never!

Also, I will start using 5% bp on my back, as I can't really tell if the 2% has done any good. My back breaks out very infrequently anyway, so it's hard to tell if there has been an improvement. Let's see if uping the dosage keeps those breakouts away for good.

--------------------------------------------------------

So, in summary, good news. After a few months of faithfully applying bp, it has worked! Thanks Dan! :D

I had moderate cystic/inflamed acne (none that were like huge though and needed shots) Its hard for me to rate the reg because I took accutane and finished it in June.. I did start to have a very minor (like 1 or 2 spots) breakout in Nov, with the "inflamed type zits" again.. So I started the reg then. Ive gotten about 4 zits sinse, couple of them being medium in size. all inflamed type acne. They seem to be around my period so alot of girls on here are saying they get one or 2 then too so thats about my case...

I give the reg an 8 out of 10 only because I dont know how much is the accutane still working, I do know that accutane has to be out of my body but thats the mystery of it that it can still work after being out of my body. My oil production is completely back and allmost seems heavier thought that could just be an illusion cause I got used to having no oil at all. I have gotten a few somewhat deeper zits on my back and neck so that says to me it is very well coming back to some degree. I just hope im not pounding my face with the reg for no reason but I just want to stay clear.

I LOVE the way it makes my skin feel. My skin adjusted to it very quickly and with next to no problems. my skin is the softest it has ever been because I use moisterizer. My pores look smaller!

A 10/10 for me. I have been on the regimen only 2 months, but I am 100% clear for the first time in over 20 years. It is unbelievable, something so simple yet so effective for me. The big test for me was the time of the monthly cycle (always the worst for me) and I had no blemishes at at all....and I used to get both cystic lesions and whiteheads, blackheads, oily, etc.

*bump*

Pardon me!

I have mild or moderate acne and I'll give the Regimen 9/10. I'm never 100% clear but I'm very close. It must be great to have clear skin and to go out with no fuss though!

jim

i give it a 10/10...i've been on accutane 3 times...and used proactiv as well...the regimen has completely cleared my acne and is also much cheaper than proactiv...all thanks to DAN!!

i give it a 9/10... so far. i'm sure in a couple of days, i'll be giving it a 10/10. it's just amazing how much improvement it has done on my skin. this regimen truly works. THANKS DAN! :clap:

but hey, i've just been on the regimen for 18 days so... :D

after 3.5 weeks, I'd give it a 9/10. I had some slipups before settling into a routine that didnt leave me flaky.