Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Buckfan

Cysts on lower body don't seem to heal like facial cysts...

Well, it is January, only a few months until spring and summer, and swim season and shirtless season. The problem is, I've been getting some small cysts on my lower back and around my nether regions that are annoying me. Unlike the cysts that I once got on my face, these are not healing nearly as well (perhaps the antibiotics that I was taking years ago but not now helped that). After they shrink down in size, they are leaving behind small circular dark red indentations that are quite conspicuous. I don't think I will be comfortable taking my shirt in the pool or when I run if I have these annoying marks on my lower back.

I'm a little confused as to what I should do to treat these buggers. They don't seem like traditional scars, and I'm worried that they are remnants of the cyst walls and can only be removed via surgery. I can't afford that. So I'm thinking about what I am going to do. I'm thinking of trying a topical antibiotic, but they say that I should only use them for up to a week without doctor approval. I highly doubt they will go away in one week. My dermatologist is also against more antibiotic use for me, since I have been on varying antibiotics for years now, and he feels the risks are too great to continue their use.

Any ideas?