Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
real maverick

For those of you who feel depressed

Guest Grow_To_Overthrow

Those threads aren't worth the look.

if thinking to reverse this depression issue is so easy as it sounds, why are still people suffering from this? And depression isn't only a 'negative' loop, it's more like.. a self esteem problem, not exactly, but once you're down in the dumps, its kinda hard to get back up by just constantly telling your self you can.. you actually have to do it. What im trying to point across is, somethings are just out of hand.. besides acne, i think we can grasp the opportunities like sand.. be in other situations it's not as easy as you think

I agree with this thread's creator. Even though I am a pessimistic, nihilistic atheist, I can generally avoid being depressed through forcing myself to be more objective in my perspective. At one point in the past I absolutely hated my life, and I've been a single motion away from suicide in several instances (i.e. cradling a loaded shotgun, praying for the courage to end my life). Nowadays, I do get temporarily (but deeply) sad, but I've gotten to a point where I can see my fairly insignificant problems for what they are.

'For there is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so'. - Hamlet

It's all about attitude. Don't think about things too much, just live. It's helped me a lot.

edit: 'Clinical depression' is a whole new can of worms that I don't want to tackle right now.