Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hkd399

Wrinkles at age 11?!

I will spare you and not give you a really long story. I got on the regimen, peeled by face off, and can't go on anymore because mommy says so. =P

In the Day:

-Wash with Purpose Liquid Cleanser

-Use sad, sad amount of BP on problem areas

-Moisterize with Cetaphil

At Night:

-Wash with 3% BP Cleanser

Same as in the day.

My face is pretty clear, but my forehead and under my eyes is so wrinkly and disgusting! I was excepting this if I was older, but it's not good to know you have more wrinkles than your mom. :boohoo:

well, that bp cleanser might be an issue. A non-medicated cleanser is really recommended with the Regimen.

As for the wrinkles, usually they are just from extreme dryness, your skin should return to normal if you end up having to stop the Regimen.

Otherwise, just consider ditching that bp cleanser, and using a smaller amount of bp only once a day, and keep far away from your undereye skin.

welcome to my nightmare, my forehead and undereye are still wrinkly, even 4-5 months after stopping the BP. as my mom said, "better get used to it hun, it doesnt get any better"

Yeah, fuck this.

I'm not doing the regimen if it gives you wrinkles. And this is about the 2,000th time I've heard someone complain about it, so it must be true.

I think the "wrinkles" are temporary dryness in all likelihood. I noticed some wrinkling around my eyes when I started the Clear Skin Regimen gel and I found that it went away after I used some gentle lotion on my eyelids and undereyes. There are fancy eye creams that would do a good job of this, but I found that Lubriderm Oat-Enriched Nature's Moisture Therapy Lotion (white bottle with light green print, can't remember where I got it) works nicely for me when my eye area feels dry and wrinkly. Don't use anything that has a sunscreen or acne medication in it near your eyes because it will sting like the dickens even if you don't get it in your eyes...and even worse if you do. Try gently rubbing a very small amount of that kind of lotion (just a tiny drop will do, use more if you need to) on your eye lids below the brow and around and below your eyes a few times a day. Good luck!

yeah bp isnt anything great it really messes with the skin. i had circles and i thought they were permanent but i stop using all topicals and cutting out food that works for me. coconut oil and evo are good at keeping you youthful

I stopped the regimen because my boyfreind (ex now) said to me one day "It looks like you're getting wrinkles. What have you been doing?"

It really looked like I had wrinkles for the first month. Around my eyes, it looked terrible. Now, my skin looks normal (at least in terms of wrinkles). It just took a while for my skin to get used to it. It's REALLY important not to apply it anywhere within an inch or two of your eyes. Usually the places that tend to wrinkle have no acne anyway, so I tone down or lay off the BP around smile lines, eyes, and forehead lines.

I have stopped the bp regimen all together, it's just not for me. My skin felt like leather and sandpaper :mad::( Now it's back to normal with my new regimen thank god. That stuff is horrible and I followed the regimen to the letter. Good luck to everyone it works for.

me and BP have longsince broken up

1. if you dont follow it to a T youre screwed, i cant live under that kind of pressure!!

2. it takes too long to apply and im just not that patient

3. wrinkles

4. the irritation (im not sure if it was irritation or just a side-effect or something, but as whatsherface said: leathery look)

5. the whole youre more susceptible to sun damage thing is a turnoff. and i know youre supposed to do the sunscreen thing, but frankly that didnt work enough magic for me. clear skin seems useless if youre gonna look like an old maid

6. it stressed me out going through that much hassle

7. it stressed me out reading all these studies (whether theyre true or not, i do not know) about bp causing free radicals, and cancer, and whathaveyou

8. its too hard to live normally when youre worried about moisturizing and over zealous spf protection so your skin wont go wonky if you step foot outside

i dont doubt that its cleared people up and worked wonderfully for them, its just my personal opinion that in the longrun bp will do more bad than good, but sometimes we'll do anything for clear skin, huh?

Guest Poker-Butt

u guys need to stop being babies~!! its not wrinkles its an illusion of wrinkles ... its very dry skin...ya'll need to keep the bp away from ur undereyes...buy a nice lil eye cream... and try and moisturize alot.... ya'll better check urselfs, before ya'll break ya'll selves

i cant believe you just called me baby! i..im just... this is the kind of stuff that turns you into an emotional eater, poker

lol i hear what youre saying, dryness blah blah, but is it still extreme dryness 5 months after you stop using BP? i just dont know anymore *drama*

u guys need to stop being babies~!! its not wrinkles its an illusion of wrinkles ... its very dry skin...ya'll need to keep the bp away from ur undereyes...buy a nice lil eye cream... and try and moisturize alot.... ya'll better check urselfs, before ya'll break ya'll selves

I think you should check yourself, What may work for you, may not work for someone else. Have you thought of that :doh: ? I wouldn't put that shit on my face again if someone paid me too :lol2: I moisturize the hell out of my face and it was still extremely dry. I am happy with my new regimen.

i cant believe you just called me baby! i..im just... this is the kind of stuff that turns you into an emotional eater, poker

lol i hear what youre saying, dryness blah blah, but is it still extreme dryness 5 months after you stop using BP? i just dont know anymore *drama*

Who wants to look 90 in there 20's lol, If they want to use the stuff more power to them. Let them argue away :lol2: That stuff makes you want to say NO MORE WIRE HANGERS :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

When I tried out the Regimen my skin became so dehydrated that I devloped "wrinkles" and cracks on my all over my face. Slight surface wrinkles are a sign of dehydrated skin. While the Regimen did help with some of my deeper pustular and cystic pimples I needed to give it up. The dryness was unbearable. I think that using that amount of BP can cause problems for some people. I was one of them. I'd rather have a face full of cysts than have to deal with the cracks and wrinkles the Regimen caused.

For two weeks I didn't wash my face or apply any anti-acne products. I didn't moisturize, or wear makeup. After two weeks I washed with Cetaphil, and used a moisturizer. After a month or so the wrinkles subsided, and my acne started coming back...

I went to a derm and got on topical retinoids. I use them in combination with a small amount of BP (in the mornings, when I don't apply a retinoid). My wrinkles are gone, and my acne is gone. I still use BP, but only a dab about the size of a pea on my whole face.

KEEP BP AWAY FROM YOUR EYES.

That's the first step. If you put BP near your eyes, you will get wrinkles. It will dry your sensitive eye skin out and make it looked cracked and wrinkled. Get a good eye moisturizer and moisturize your eyes BEFORE applying any BP. Keep doing this and things will get better.

As for other areas, make sure to use enough moisturizer. It's just the dryness that give the appearance of wrinkles. I apply Eucerin to my laugh lines BEFORE applying BP to my face and I avoid that area with the BP as well. If I don't -- the lines become more defined. If I stay consistent with my moisturizing, it's all good.

if bp does indeed generate free radicals, they may be causing some of the aging we're seeing

ironically the same air that gives us life is what causes iron to rust, fruit to turn brown, and our bodies' cells to break down and age. through a series of chemical changes, oxygen molecules (bp creates oxygen, no?) in our bodies lose electrons, making them unstable. these unstable molecules are called free radicals.

in frantic attempts to stabilize themselves, free radicals pillage electrons from healthy cells throughout your body. everytime they steal an electron, two things happen: a healthy molecule is damaged, and more free radicals are created. unless the process is stopped, an increasing number of cells is damaged every day, and our health pays the price

free radicals are also known to instigate the cancer process?

Bunch a scientific mumbo-jumbo. It all really comes down to a choice: are you willing to dedicate yourself to this regimen, at the cost of time money and energy, for clear skin? I made a topic the other day that my eyes were quite dry even when not using BP there, I read the replies and tried the suggestions.

That problem is fixed and right now I can honestly say I don't have a single zit on my face, and my red marks are completely faded. My skin doesn't peel or flake, and this is the best I've looked in years. I dunno, to me, it's worth it for these results, but it might be different for you.

scientific mumbo jumbo?! how dare you mock science! besides, you dont know the history of psychiatry and iii doo

anyway enough of that

i said before i dont doubt it works wonders for people, but the FDA is hiding something, i just KNOW it!! they cant pull the wool over MY eyes

ignore me lol. i have psychotic tendencies

(i really do hate the FDA though)

if bp does indeed generate free radicals, they may be causing some of the aging we're seeing

ironically the same air that gives us life is what causes iron to rust, fruit to turn brown, and our bodies' cells to break down and age. through a series of chemical changes, oxygen molecules (bp creates oxygen, no?) in our bodies lose electrons, making them unstable. these unstable molecules are called free radicals.

in frantic attempts to stabilize themselves, free radicals pillage electrons from healthy cells throughout your body. everytime they steal an electron, two things happen: a healthy molecule is damaged, and more free radicals are created. unless the process is stopped, an increasing number of cells is damaged every day, and our health pays the price

free radicals are also known to instigate the cancer process?

All of that is so true. One reason why I stopped using that crap all together :evil: My face has never been so dry in my life, I have dry skin but when I put moisturizer on it usually it bounces back and I have it under control. But with BP my skin stayed dry constantly even with moisturizer. Thank god my skin is pretty much back to normal because I stopped using BP.

Guest Poker-Butt

IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image