Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

They don't understand why I have acne! They're always looking at my skin in a disgusted way and scolding me. As if there's much I can do about it! My mom doesn't understand because she's had wonderful skin all her life, but my Dad has terrible skin! He should understand! My brother doesn't understand anymore because when he turned 18, he grew out of the acne. grrrrrrrrr........ They're ALWAYS looking at my skin and saying, "why is your face all brokened up. ew. look at you. ew." AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. No wonder I'm so insecure sometimes!

Oh and not only that, they're always mentioning, "Holy, look at the way you eat. You're so fat already. Stop it. blahblahblah."

grrrrrr

does anyone out there experience the same thing with their family?

I know this will probably seem very redundant to you, but have you tried talking to them about how they make you feel?

Getting the obvious part out of the way. If they still don't listen then change your attitude with them a little while. Don't be rude or anything, sometimes the good 'ol silent treatment goes a long way.

I know this will probably seem very redundant to you, but have you tried talking to them about how they make you feel?

Getting the obvious part out of the way. If they still don't listen then change your attitude with them a little while. Don't be rude or anything, sometimes the good 'ol silent treatment goes a long way.

haha of course. but I don't know. I find that most asian parents are like that... =\ It's what they do. hah

haha of course. but I don't know. I find that most asian parents are like that... =\ It's what they do. hah

I was going to say that. :lol2: ...... :|

But you could at least try, no? Perhaps they could lend you even more help? You do see a derm right?

Well, at least be glad they don't say it in spite... like my mom...

Sometimes she says something like "Look at you, god is punishing you for something you have done" <_< My mom is so retarded >_>

Asian parents are the worstttttttt. They expect you to loook puurrrfect!!! It doesn't help that nearly all asians have nice skin! UGH!!!

do they really expect you to look perfect? like a geisha o.o

I'm sorry, but if your parents are going to be like that to you, I'm going to go ahead and say that your parents are fuckasses. What the FUCK, how can they be so ignorant? Wouldn't it be nice if they'd break out, suffer for 1 year, and then remember what they said to you?

i hate pretty much every single family member on my moms side of the family.. i dont know why i just do.. i think their all retarded.. on the other hand i like pretty much all of my dads family members

avoid them if you can, alot of people just have really bad families.

I don't know how long until you go to college, or if you are in college and are living at home, find a way to live on campus or in a cheap apartment.

alot of people say you need to just make your family/parents know how you feel, but that often is either impossible or they are incapable of empathizing and stopping....... soooo you gotta just use that as a springboard to get as far as fing possible away from your family!

and gray skyz I know saying this is only going to make you think your funnier because I was 14 too once, but youre really not funny and your fucking annoying. you gotta go make some friends (the real life kind)

I don't know how long until you go to college, or if you are in college and are living at home, find a way to live on campus or in a cheap apartment.

alot of people say you need to just make your family/parents know how you feel, but that often is either impossible or they are incapable of empathizing and stopping....... soooo you gotta just use that as a springboard to get as far as fing possible away from your family!

and gray skyz I know saying this is only going to make you think your funnier because I was 14 too once, but youre really not funny and your fucking annoying. you gotta go make some friends (the real life kind)

haha avoid them? my parents are exactly like them how can you avoid them when ur around them all the time

that just brings you down :rolleyes:

My brother is a big hot shot and has a wonderful family with two kids and had perfect skin his whole life and always picks one me for stupid things like he joked when we were drinking at the bars that i need a bar rag because my face was so oily and he is always on my ass that i dont have a gf.... he asks me if im gay.... I know he isnt serious hes just a cocky mother fucker and I would never confront him about his comments... i just make comebacks because if i told him my feelings i would just look weak...... my life may not be in order right now but i feel like im always compared to him

Ugh! My aunt is Korean & I can remember when I was 9 she'd tell me how fat I was & how huge my feet were (she's barely 5 ft. & wears maybe a size 5 shoe). You're probably just going to have to ignore them. Is that you in your avatar? If so you are very pretty & not fat so don't worry about it. Chances are if your mother had perfect skin & your brother grew out of it you will too. Later on when you're a famous model/actress you can buy them a house in the ghetto or something & tell them you would have got them something nicer but you didn't feel they deserved it because they're old, or have grey hair or wrinkles or something :) Good luck!!

-Crisco

haha avoid them? my parents are exactly like them how can you avoid them when ur around them all the time

that just brings you down :rolleyes:

uh its not a law that u have to stay home and type on the computer all day, there are many things u can do to avoid spending time at home

Well, I don't think I have a bad family... just about issues like this. They just don't understand. It's really fustrating. I hear it everyday and it's driving me crazy. I love em and all, but they're freaking driving me INSANNNNNE.

They do expect me to be gorgeous. Sorry if their genetics weren't good enough. grrrr asian parents suck sometimes

I know what you mean... right as I was growing out of acne I made a filippino friend whose mother took one look at me and said, 'You'd be a pretty model if you didn't have any acne.' And EVERY TIME I went to their house she'd comment on it. And sometimes she'd take a peek down my back or rub the back of my arms to 'see how I'm doing'.

I thought it was creepy, but she made good food so I let it slide.

I know what you mean... right as I was growing out of acne I made a filippino friend whose mother took one look at me and said, 'You'd be a pretty model if you didn't have any acne.' And EVERY TIME I went to their house she'd comment on it. And sometimes she'd take a peek down my back or rub the back of my arms to 'see how I'm doing'.

I thought it was creepy, but she made good food so I let it slide.

haha omg. I know exactly how you feel. They're(people in general, not just my family) always like, you're so pretty, but you have some pimples. blahblahblah.

Well, I don't think I have a bad family... just about issues like this. They just don't understand. It's really fustrating. I hear it everyday and it's driving me crazy. I love em and all, but they're freaking driving me INSANNNNNE.

They do expect me to be gorgeous. Sorry if their genetics weren't good enough. grrrr asian parents suck sometimes

I sort of figured you felt like that about your family and that is why I said that a little harmless silent treatment might make them realize what they are doing to you without hurting them, especially if you've never done such a thing before.

I pray to god that he gives acne to everybody in this world,,,,atleast once in thier lifetime! :pray:

I had problems with my family too, specially my granny! a tyranny! She would always keep telling me what to do and what not to do! with my acne filled face. well heck!! i was doing everything i cud and people fail ed to realise you cant do much about preventing acne. They just come! Even if you are on a perffect diet.

And than one bad day...i shouted at her(i shudnt have)but i dont regret. Letting her know that am just as concerned about my skin as she is and that am doing everything i can!

My bro still is a freak...he used to tease me with my acne...and than after two years my skin cleared up a whole lot and my bro started having acne...horrible acne. Every dog has his day right? ;)

I wouldn't wish acne on anyone.

I do wish that everyone would understand what it is like,but through some other way, without having to go through its turmoils, so that ppl who suffer with it can actually feel some understanding once in a while.

Can't show in front of her parents - noted.