Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
boz

Blackhead leaving behind a pitted scar?

Anyone else have this problem? This is really frustating. I practically get scar from everything now. I usullay get a pitted scar from a cyst now and then but now I noticed that some of my blackhead on my cheeks are leaving behind holes. If I pull the blackhead out, theres a hole? What shoud I do?...leave the blackhead/hold or pull the backhead off and have just a hole. It looks like an icepick scar too.

maybe its a scarred pore? i honestly dont think its worth squeezing them out unless therr really loose.. i got a few of those too.. now i know better.

I have experienced the exact same thing.

If you pull them out, you get scarred pores.

If you wait, they will stay there, and when they eventually come out there is a hole (scarred pore).

I cannot see there's anything to do.

Exactly. The stupid thing is, i've had thousands of blackheads on my nose / chin where my skin was oiliest, and none of them scarred - i have virtually flawless skin on those areas now. But when i got them on my cheeks, where i was usually less oily, they ALWAYS left scars. Why was this? I don't know, perhaps the skin in those areas is thinner or tends to heal less well? All i can suggest is apply copper peptides and apply them fast, if applied soon enough they just MIGHT stop you scarring. Or try retin A maybe.

Exactly Floss. On the chin and the nose the blackheads do not leave scarred pores, but every blackhead on the cheek leaves at least a scarred pore. When you've had enough blackheads you will have small holes all over your cheek.

Fucked up. I really hope the scenar can remove them.

And they are not only temporary scars - they are real indented scars, permanent scars.

I get the exact same thing!!! I need to know what this is and how I can stop it or else i'm gonna have a face full of scars!! Anyone else with this problem??? Actually, they are not blackheads but are hard, flesh colored little "balls" that can just roll off the skin, and leave a tiny hole.

Yeah they are not all blackheads actually. Some have a yellow head. But its diffenity depressing to look at. Its like a lose-lose situation. If I leave it, there a black/yellow dots on my cheek. If get them out, theres a bunch of holes on my face. I also have some icepick scars that are close together---making it one super scar or something.

Does anybody actually know why there is a scar under the whitehead/blackhead?

Why does the body not try to repair the hole? It does not even become red!

i dont get a scarred pore every time i extract a blackhead.. i have maybe a few on 1 of my cheeks but thats it.. the reason that happens is probably because most people have oily noses/chins where as the cheeks are drier.. you see a lot more people with scars on their cheeks instead of their noses/chins/forehead.

So you are implying that oiliness stops you from scarring?

ive read from a lot of places that oily skin tends to heal better than dry skin.. and thats why also why dry skin is more prone to wrinkles than oily skin..

I have fairly oily skin on my whole face...not just the t-zone, and yet I still get these things. For me, it all started after I used a tretinoin cream on my face....it ruined my skin. I've tried so many things to make them go away but nothing has ever worked! Anybody with suggestions??

But happygal i seriously thought tretinoin cream was supposed to be good for scars and help healing etc, are you sure about this?

But happygal i seriously thought tretinoin cream was supposed to be good for scars and help healing etc, are you sure about this?

It didn't help me at all!! I am positive this ruined my skin. I broke out really bad on it. I could squeeze the hell outta my skin before using this, but now everything leaves a little hole. And I never in my life got one of those sebum plugs on my face before using that shitty cream.

Sounds like you had a reaction to a certain type of tretinoin cream, what brand was it? I'm using one called Isotrexin that doesn't make me break out, perhaps yours was a badly formulated one.

Same thing happens to me after my dermabrasion.

Prior to the procedure, only big pimples left me with scars, and only when they were constantly picked at did they leave a scar.

However, after I had dermabrasion, some blackheads and those flesh-colored bumps on my cheek area leave a scar as well, when sqeezed.

I attributed that to the fact that my skin was delicate after the dermabrasion, but it has been almost a year since the dermabrasion, and even now, the blackheads and/or the small bumps would leave a small scar when occasionally squeezed, wheareas my chin and nose can be squeezed almost daily without so much of a problem with scarring, even after the dermabrasion.

I know that if they might scar when sqeezed, then I should leave them alone, but I have this fear that if I do in fact leave them alone, then one day, they will eventually develop into a huge pimple which would cause even more problems and/or scars.

I just don't know what to do about them. Has anyone got any ideas as to how to treat those clogged pores without ruining the skin??

For me, my Isotrexin cream (containing tretinoin and antibiotic) is doing a good job of keeping new blackheads from forming. As to the scarred pores already formed i've no idea, but this is stopping me getting new ones at least.

I have the same exact problem. My skin doesn't have many breakouts now. Thank you GOD! But now my skin looks like just like an orange. That;s the best way I can describe it, pick up an orange and you will be looking at my skin.

maybe its a scarred pore? i honestly dont think its worth squeezing them out unless therr really loose.. i got a few of those too.. now i know better.

this man consistently speaks the truth

I have that problem too. I had two blackheads on my cheek that were there forever. It finally popped, but now the pore is scarred. And now I have another one at the corner of my mouth. :(