Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
spb

oxy on the spot cream with benzoyl peroxide

this has pretty much got all my spots away :dance: and love it. i use it with pears, does anyone else rate this stuff?

I use this stuff too, and it changed my life. Well actually it was Acne.org that did that after I found it two years ago, which told me all the things I wanted my dermatologist to tell me. But instead of teaching me how to live with the condition they would just prescribe more drugs and creams.

But recently I started to take the 'apply generously' part of the regimen a little too much to heart and by applying too much I was doing myself more harm than good. It looked better when I started to cut back to a layer that disappeared almost instantly.

Now my local Boots and Superdrug have stopped stocking it. I ordered PanOxy Aquagel which was a disaster. I'm now getting my skin back under control with 'On the Spot' again.

I haven't seen 'On the Spot' mentioned on the Regimen site, neither under the reviews part or on the forum. When the university holidays start I may try Quinoderm - I don't want another disaster in term time.

I also use Vaseline Moisturiser, is that one of these oil moisturisers I'm not supposed to use? However these things are working well for me, though I still get one or two blemishes.

Still, hurrah for Acne.org and all the good advice of the forum people.

Thanks,

jim

Guest funkychicken

this has pretty much got all my spots away :dance: and love it. i use it with pears, does anyone else rate this stuff?

it's not bad! It seems to be stronger than Dan's gel for some reason - a lot more drying so you need to use less of it.

Some questions for you guys then.

The on the spot cream, how do you use it?

It says don't use it for more than a month?

Also is oxy 10 any good, contains bp and supposedly kills 90% of spot bacteria in 24 hrs.

Anyone use oxy 10.

How much are both of these products, how often do you use them?

Sorry for the quick fire questions but shooting off to work now :doh:

Some questions for you guys then.

The on the spot cream, how do you use it?

It says don't use it for more than a month?

Also is oxy 10 any good, contains bp and supposedly kills 90% of spot bacteria in 24 hrs.

Anyone use oxy 10.

How much are both of these products, how often do you use them?

Sorry for the quick fire questions but shooting off to work now :doh:

i use oxy on the spot by gentle applying it to my skin and just gently rubbing the cream until it dissapears. when i mean gently rubbing and mean barely touching my skin. i have used the cream for about 6 days now and there is a huge improvement and as you said i will stop using after a month. i use the cream once a day and before i apply it i was my face with pears soap. i think oxy 10 is for people with bad acne as it contains more than 2.5% bp

hope this helps

Guest funkychicken

it's buy one get one free at Superdrug at the moment

It was often BOGOF at my Superdrug but they don't seem to be stocking it anymore.

I follow the Regimen, so I gently apply the cream to my face. I've been applying it in the morning and at night for two years. It costs around £3.50 to £4 for a 20g tube. That's expensive but I don't see any other bp creams on the shelf. I decided you couldn't put a price on clear skin. Dan says more than 2.5% bp doesn't help more, I'll believe him. It's when I fall off the wagon and get lax with the Regimen that I get acne.

jim

why not order Dans BP Gel? i do and im also at the UK and in a week+ theres a new BP Gel with less preservatives in so it wont cause as much Redness :D

why not order Dans BP Gel? i do and im also at the UK and in a week+ theres a new BP Gel with less preservatives in so it wont cause as much Redness :D

I had heard bad things about the changes so wasn't keen. I'll see what people say about the new version. But isn't the shipping a fortune to the UK. How does it compare to £3.50 for a 20g tube?

jim

i think it cost me $12 all in inc shipping

and its a big tube! $12 is around £6

this new 1 which will be out in around 9 days shouldent cause as much Redness ill be buying it and trying it ill let u know how it goes

but this BP i think is ok when u use a very small ammount

but this BP i think is ok when u use a very small ammount

yeh, i once put a tad to much on and made my skin go red and it felt irritated.

i think it cost me $12 all in inc shipping

and its a big tube! $12 is around £6

So that's £6.70 for 112g. I looked that up. Twice the price for 5 times as much. Worth trying. But a waste if I hate the stuff!

this new 1 which will be out in around 9 days shouldent cause as much Redness ill be buying it and trying it ill let u know how it goes

Please do, I might try it out later.

I'm listening to Ross Noble's commentary on his commentary to his Sonic Waffle DVD and it's making me confused!

jim

yeh when i use to much it goes real red and burns like hell

hopefully this newer one wont be as bad :D

Does anyone use the Jess-foliation method at the same time as using this product?

I'm intrigued but it sounds like another one of those gimmicky "cure your acne!" creams that are chock-full on Supermarket shelves...

I saw this product in Sainsburys today, along with a couple Oxy washes, and also the Oxy 10 behind the new pharmacy counter we have... but I didn't get anything (yet).

Just wanna find out a bit more about it as to not disrupt my current regime.

Just wanna find out a bit more about it as to not disrupt my current regime.

It's a white cream. If you paste it on it takes a while to absorb, a more moderate layerabsorbs quickly enough though. Spreads well, it isn't tacky or shiney. I don't think it smells. You get the usual redness and dryness. I use it on my whole face for whatever type of acne I have (I've spent less time studying and categorising it as some people), works on my blackheads too.

That all I know to say.

jim

I'm hesitant because it looks and sounds like this product which I used a while back (albeit the previous version, less flashy) and had little to no success with it.

Granted, the ingredients seem different and it's obviously a completely different company/product, but alas I remain cautious with all of these types of products.

I'm hesitant because it looks and sounds like this product which I used a while back (albeit the previous version, less flashy) and had little to no success with it.

Granted, the ingredients seem different and it's obviously a completely different company/product, but alas I remain cautious with all of these types of products.

Well that isn't a benzoyl peroxide cream (by the looks of it). I don't think clearasil do a bp cream.

jim

Makes sense....

I think I will try some of the Oxy then..... shame no one seems to have used it, or be using it on the Jess-foliation regime.

BTW, does anyone know if this is still buy one get one free in Superdrug? Or on offer anywhere?

i'm not sure it ifs a buy one get one free in Superdrug. thats where i got mine and there wasnt a offer on. But 1 tube is PLENTY i only use a tad. if you use to much it burns like hell

Yeah, I just got 1 tube from Sainsburys a little while ago, only around £3.50 I think.

I'll put it on after I wash later... I was gonna get some Pears soap from Morrisons, but I kept hearing how it was real dry? My skin seems fine in that department (it isn't dry or oily, though i'd lean to dry if I had to choose)... is it worth risking it or stick to Dove? Dove seems fine... can't say it helps (to my knowledge), but seems gentle and doesn't hurt I guess.

Also, when I apply it, should I put it on the affected areas or all over? And, very precisely, what kind of measure are we talking about? Like a 5-pence coins worth on the end of your finger? Or even smaller? And then when you apply, do you rub it in or allow it to absorb?

Hopefully it works! :)

And to the people who wash/apply Oxy OTS --- do you moisturise because your skin gets dry, or just because that was advised to you/it works??

I see that basically everyone moisturises on this kind of regime... but I don't, basically because my skin isn't very dry (just a very very very small bit at times)..... but i'm willing to moisturise if it helps.

And to the people who wash/apply Oxy OTS --- do you moisturise because your skin gets dry, or just because that was advised to you/it works??

You need to moisturise from day one, or your skin will dry up and flake. But applying bp and moisturiser just as Dan tell you to in the Regimen works very well.

jim

Fair enough.... applied the Oxy OTS BP last night after a gentle exfoliation/wash... didn't notice any huge improvement, but then again, my acne is very mild compared to some, with isolated spots.

Skin seems fine in the dryness department, but i'll buy a new moisturized and start using it I guess. I've got a small amount of Neutrogena Visibly Clear moisturizer left from a while ago but not sure about using that.