Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
fromchicago

My Smoothbeam Treatments!

The doctors won't work on you if you have any hint of a tan at all...that is one of the first things they usually warn you about when you have your consultation. If they didn't, you need to go to a different place.

I have extremely pale skin and I've never had any hyperpigmentation from smoothbeam and my derm had it on a very high setting both times.

Smoothbeam tends to bring out hyperpigmentation in asian skins (from what I've seen), but that could just be Obi and me. I believe Obi treated his with hydroquinone (sp?) and Retin-a that the doc prescribed after seeing his brown marks, and I've just been using the acids (lactic, mandelic and then the TCA perfecting complex) to help fade mine.

You can also use some of the other laser treatments--my doc prescribed Vbeam (I think) but that's another $400/treatment with 4-6 treatments needed, so its not in my budget right now.

People with very pale skin do not need to worry about hyperpigmentation with this treatment as with many of the invasive treatments. Lucky them!

Guest ObiWontonKenoli

The retina micro was actually prescribed based on my request. At that time the hyperpigmentation was already gone. The hydro was at 4%.

Please not though: the hydroquinone only treated hyperpigmentation caused by the smoothbeam, not the ones caused by the acne.

Obi or smilin,

Does Dr. P have smoothbeam AND v-beam now? Just curious. I think v-beam would be better for me now. Would be a bonus if he has both. Any idea on his rates for v-beam?

Thanks bunches

Guest ObiWontonKenoli

not 100% sure Craig about the Vbeam. Have you checked his website?

If not, PM me, I'll let you know his website.

His rate for smoothbeam is $250/full face. If the Vbeam is cheaper than smoothbeam good for you (I don't know if it's cheaper or not).

Obi.

Hi Everyone,

I had my 3rd treatment Dec 30th. They were in a hurry because of the holiday and did not give me as aggressive of a treatment as they did at my second treatment.

It's too early to give a percentage, but all my scars seem less deep. People who are close to me really say they see a difference. My skin is just looking so much better. My nose pores are looking awesome!

It's sort of hard to tell regarding scars, as long as they're still there it's still a scar. I have this whole area on my left side where there are no scars, about the size of 3 quarters, I don't know if it's always been like that or not. I have so many little ones it's hard to tell.

I've been looking at my skin now more than ever trying to remember how everything is so I'll notice if somethings not there anymore. I'm still using a lot of topicals, taking supplements, and doing lactic peels weekly. I'm still keeping the faith too.

All us Smoothbeamers at about 9:00pm, when you can remember to do it, should say a little prayer for everyone trying to repair their scars with Smoothbeam. All that enery focused together would have to do something!!!!!

Take care, stay happy. . . . .

Skinny

Has anyone ever had the acne flare-up 3 - 4 weeks after the smoothbeam? That was my experience each time I had the smoothbeam other than the first time. I finally found a site that said a flare-up is possible in some patients. It made the whole experience very hard to handle. I think I am just now starting to see the results. The acne flare-up was actually worse than any acne I've ever had. I'm on the mend. Now I wonder if I should continue. I just don't want to go through another flare-up now that I'm finally healing. Has anyone ever had my experience and what did you do? I have very oily skin with occasional acne on my chin. The acne on the chin is what went crazy. I was just going to do 3 treatments, but then did 4 because of the additional acne. I didn't realize people were doing way more treatments until I read this message board. Thanks for any information!

So I went for my smoothbeam consultation today and everything went pretty well I guess. My doctor had to inject my scar with something she said would smooth the scar out (I guess there was like some elevation inside the scar or something) and get rid of the redness caused by the scar. Anyhow, my first treatment is in 3 weeks, woot. Seems rather expensive tho compared to some of you guy's prices, $1500 for four treatments. Still more than worth it if I can get that scar off my face and rid myself of the blackheads and enlarged pores.

If my scars disappear when I stretch my skin, are they going to see really good improvement or is there a chance they will be unnoticeable?(after however many Smoothbeam treatments I needed)

I have gotten so down lately reading a few posts from people who think they will always look bad in certain lighting.

I know that perfection is almost impossible, but when i stretch my skin my scars are gone.

I have such shallow scars(left over from Accutane), it seems to me they can be greatly reduced.

Another question, I know everyone says six months to a year after Accutane for any treatment, but what about something like this? Do I have to wait that long?

Thank you for your help guys.

David

If my scars disappear when I stretch my skin, are they going to see really good improvement or is there a chance they will be unnoticeable?(after however many Smoothbeam treatments I needed)

I have gotten so down lately reading a few posts from people who think they will always look bad in certain lighting.  

I know that perfection is almost impossible, but when i stretch my skin my scars are gone.  

I have such shallow scars(left over from Accutane), it seems to me they can be greatly reduced.  

Another question, I know everyone says six months to a year after Accutane for any treatment, but what about something like this? Do I have to wait that long?

Thank you for your help guys.

David

i am wondering if just one set of smoothbeam treatments is normal, or whether another round is needed after a couple of years? Obviously the procedure is very new, but is it generally expected that just one set of smoothbeam treatments should be effective enough for a patient's whole life?

my doc said that collagen production reaches its height 9 months after the last smoothbeam treatment.

also is 6 treatments the norm for a set of smoothbeam treatments?

has anyone had smoothbeam done in uk yet? i just rang them up, it is SO expensive here. Only one hospital does it and it costs £400 per treatment, that's like $800 for those in the US. That is therefore £1600 (or $3200) for 4 treatments. What a con! But it sounds good, and i need it! Damn it.

I just had a smoothbeam and vbeam treatment today, and I had some red spots come up where there were none before the treatment. What is this, what can I do to reduce this tonight?

I have some facial scarring caused by acne and (on my left side of face) friction burn. The left side is what I am most concerned about. The scarring is EXTREMELY shallow and only looks bad because it is slightly darker than the rest of my skin. Does anyone know if Smoothbeam will help with this? Also, how can you find a practitioner who practices Smoothbeam in my area? I live in Cincinnati and if anyone has any good recommendations, I would appreciate it. I am willing to drive 100+ miles to get this done if it will work.

Guest ObiWontonKenoli

Just curious if in the process of collagen building, your skin experiences lots of breakouts? This is a question for all smoothbeamers here. Thanks.

I'm breaking out like crazy in the neck /jaw area.

I did for the first 2-4 weeks after my first treatment, but that was in conjunction with the differin I just started taking a few weeks before that so it might have contributed. Things finally started to clear the past few days (weeks 4-5).

I have my second treatment in an hour so we'll see what happens after that.

Just curious if in the process of collagen building, your skin experiences lots of breakouts? This is a question for all smoothbeamers here. Thanks.

I'm breaking out like crazy in the neck /jaw area.

Guest ObiWontonKenoli

mine is after 6 weeks into my second treatment... :-k must be something else then.