Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
fromchicago

My Smoothbeam Treatments!

Hey Obi,

I thought you'd already had your third?? Did you postpone it to give the collagen some time to form?

Oh, and welcome back from SF! It was kinda quiet while you were gone.....

Guest ObiWontonKenoli

Hey Nance

No- I canceled my 3rd due to severe hyperpigmentation. The doctor advised me to postpone, but when Marina saw my face- she told me to cancel indefinitely until my face is cleared up. Probably when we swap your mandelic with some of my papaya peels you can see what I'm talking about (too bad you didn't see my face after the smoothbeam, you'll be shocked).

just PM me for further details how you want to do this.

Thanks

Well, I'm not the Smoothbeam expert here but after 2 Smoothbeams, I'm seeing results mostly on smaller shallow scars. But my skin looks overall MUCH firmer which I think attributes to the improved appearance of any shallow scarring or mild sun damage. When I used to smile, a bunch of fine lines would appear close to my mouth and on my cheeks. Now there are few to NONE. All scars seem a bit smaller and less noticeable. My third smoothbeam is next week. I will hold off after that and have a professional glycolic peel which was included in my package. Gentlelase for pigmentation and probably do the mild tca peel in between. After that, who knows? One scar that has plagued me for years, I may do the 50% tca peel on. Scary though, since it is in the middle of my cheek. I have no other ones big enough to really experiment on. But I must say Smoothbeam is a good thing.

And, on the subject of smoothbeam, when I just look at my skin I don't see any filling in of the ice pick scars, but when I do the stretch test, they are definitely smaller...biggrin.gif So maybe this will work for me after all.

Hi how long are you suppose to stop using topical mdeciations before your first smoothbeam treatment. Also how long after the treatment are you suppose to now use any medications.

Also with everyone that has had smoothbeam treatments, specifically those with red marks, how would you rate your improvement after your 1st, 2nd, 3rd.. treatment.

Hey Morris, everyone:

I called SpaMed and they told me that after buying a 4 treatment package

EACH SMOOTHBEAM FULL FACE TREATMENT IS ONLY $100

Wow!! I also set up a photo page to document my upcoming Needling and Smoothbeam treatments...here are the pics

http://personal3.stthomas.edu/pwchan/face.html

You can post responses here if you like.

Morris, I ran into Kate who is getting needling in Minneapolis and we are trying to share experiences. Can you email me as I would like to find out what your luck has been in finding someone for needling/ RollCit...

[email protected]

Hi how long are you suppose to stop using topical mdeciations before your first smoothbeam treatment.  Also how long after the treatment are you suppose to now use any medications.

Also with everyone that has had smoothbeam treatments, specifically those with red marks, how would you rate your improvement after your 1st, 2nd, 3rd.. treatment.

smilingeyes, thanks for the reply. I should have been more specific in my post. the doctor that I went to advised me to get a combination of smoothbeam and vbeam in the same treatment. basically vbeam for all the red inflammed spots, and smoothbeam to get my face smooth and to control acne.

Guest ObiWontonKenoli

I think a week+ should be alright if you do a mild peel (like lactic or something).

Guest ObiWontonKenoli

gonna see my derm within a week or so. Spots from the last SB pretty much gone, so we'll see if we can schedule for the 3rd one.

Also- I'll see if he can prescribe me a retina micro for small scars.

Anybody can give me a good % to start or the minimum % for efficient scar treatment?

But its just been a couple of months Obi......as chicago so kindly reminded me, our age has a little bit to do with the collagen production. It will happen...it will, it will (as I stomp my feet and bang my head :lol: ).

ok first off when you swell soft scars do not look better,  

so when you swell you say your scars look better  

thouse scars are bounded,  

how do you have soft scars?  

with swelling your face looks better means smoothbeam isnt for you  

i remeber me and others where complaing about how bad it makes our scars worse with swelling..  

please explain  

if you do have soft scars,  

id say stop complaing and just keep doing it.

Obi,

There isn't a definite percentage that is designated as targeting scars with retin-a micro. Retin a micro is very strong, so if you have sensitive skin or peel easily the minimum should be enough. I use the .01 formula and its worked great with my smoothbeam, but I also have sensitive skin. Your derm should know hwat would be best for u.

_____

Well, I had my second smoothbeam today, and went up to setting 12 and man was it painful! I had to stop the nurse, so that she could let me breathe. The area near your nose and near your eyes is the worst. Well, I'm gonna have to use a formula with 8 percent lidocaine instead of 2.5 or 4 percent, because I can't tolerate the pain, and I think the nurse would have been more thorough if I didn't stop her every so often. She LOVES zapping me away! smile.gif In fact, we joke that she's the crazy nurse because she just combs over my whole face without allowing me to flinch. So this time the procedure had 340 zaps, my first smoothbeam, she says, was 620 zaps! We'll see how a setting 12 works out as compared to my first setting 10. I hope it continues to improve at the same rate at least! Redness went away within an hour this time around. I'll keep u guys updated. biggrin.gif

Also, I know my skin has improved so much so that I don't flinch anymore when I look in the mirror under fluorescent lights.

Guest ObiWontonKenoli

Thanks guys-

Yeah, I know it's only been a couple months *sigh* Silent, I just turned 'sweet' 31st YOUNG last year biggrin.gif

So I'll talk to my derm today about retina micro. I did have setting 14 for my second one. I suffered LOTS of hyperpigmentation right before my vacation and throughout the whole month of November. So I'm bringing it down to either 12 again or 13.

But its just been a couple of months Obi......as chicago so kindly reminded me, our age has a little bit to do with the collagen production.  It will happen...it will, it will (as I stomp my feet and bang my head :lol: ).
Guest ObiWontonKenoli

Probably I have too many scars to follow too, so my eyes tend to be drawn to the deeper ones :-k

Oh well, third one is coming (probably within two weeks we'll see).