Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
fromchicago

My Smoothbeam Treatments!

Guest ObiWontonKenoli

I think my hydroquinone starts reacting more to my skin. My face feels kinda itchy throughout the day. Can't stop scratching (I KNOW..it's bad).

My doc told me that my neutrogena AHA multivitamin probably caused my skin to be a bit irritated so I stop doing that but he said the hydro should NOT cause more hyperpigmentation.

5 treatments every 4 weeks with a microdermabrashion in between. My scars weren't to bad. They were all bunched up around my jawline and mostly rolling. I'll say i had 8 or 9. Now visibly their ar probably 2 that are still a little noticeable, but i am happy. Next year i might do another round of smoothbeams, but for now i am happy. I wan't to know how long these blisters will last and if they will scar at all or leave red marks. If they do i might be back where i started

5 treatments every 4 weeks with a microdermabrashion in between. My scars weren't to bad. They were all bunched up around my jawline and mostly rolling. I'll say i had 8 or 9. Now visibly their ar probably 2 that are still a little noticeable' date=' but i am happy. Next year i might do another round of smoothbeams, but for now i am happy. I wan't to know how long these blisters will last and if they will scar at all or leave red marks. If they do i might be back where i started[/quote']

Matchit,

I had 50 or more of those blisters from my first tx; it took about a week for the blisters to dry up and another week for the scabs to come off. I'm very fair skinned and I still have some red marks from them after 2 1/2 months. Just make sure you keep them moist with A&D ointment or something like that and wash VERY gently so that you don't break them open.[/quote

I also think that neosporin will help with your scabs a lot. Probably will speed up the healing process (from the dry point) 2 fold.

Guest ObiWontonKenoli

wow fromchicago, I don't remember this about your treatment. Mine is not even like that.

Good thing about my hyperpigmentation, the one mark that I was concerned with actually went away dramatically. That was kinda weird but hey, I'm not complaining smile.gif

Has anyone that did Smoothbeam posted their pics here? I've read all these posts of great results, but no one has ever posted a picture. I remember FrankY said he had like 80% improvement..would have been great if he could have posted his pics.

Just more update-

So I've been religiously putting hydroquinone on my marks in the morning and at night. Also instead of sun screen, I'm using up my Neutrogena Multi Vitamin with AHA and Spf15. The marks are fading quite a bit since my first post...thank God!! [-o<  

In the meantime- I'll probably go to whole foods or someplace to get the papaya mask.

Frankie did post a pic in the thread he started, and his scars looked great, in fact you couldn't tell he had scarring. However he admits it was a bad pic (diminished the look of his scars) and also, I don't ever remember seeing a before picture, so we really don't know how bad his scars were to begin with.

Guest ObiWontonKenoli
Just more update-

So I've been religiously putting hydroquinone on my marks in the morning and at night. Also instead of sun screen, I'm using up my Neutrogena Multi Vitamin with AHA and Spf15. The marks are fading quite a bit since my first post...thank God!! [-o<  

In the meantime- I'll probably go to whole foods or someplace to get the papaya mask.

Where did u get your hydroquinone from?

Hmmm, this thread made it to the second page, let me bump it back to the first.

Well, I'm am increasingly pleased as each week rolls by. I believe its been over 5 weeks since my first smoothbeam, adn I still see improvement. In fact, it takes a while to realize how your skin looks so much better. I began by focusing on my worse scar, and realizing that its filling in. But now, I'm seeing that most of my scars are lighter or less noticeable, and that the surface of my skin is more even. Of course there is plenty of room for improvement, as its only been one treatment. Although I'm encouraged with the results thus far and am looking forward to the next five. Also, my pores are smaller, the enlarged pores, not much of an effect, maybe less shallow, but can't tell yet. Today I went to my physician and asked for a prescription of numbing cream (to save money instead of buying over the counter) and I told her it was for laser surgery for acne scarring. She asked what part of my face I was doing - and I said all of it. I told her i've only done one treatment and she said that my face looks great. So that was extremeley encouraging. I guess we're our own worst critics. Anyhow, I'll update after my second treatment next Wednesday, I hope to go to setting 12. Take care and good luck guys!

Oh also, I think doing light peels (Lactic or Papaya) is great between smoothbeams! Also, I've been using mandelic acid which is supposed to accentuate the results of laser resurfacing. (also using copper peptides) biggrin.gif/

I had my second Smoothbeam on Thursday, done only on my cheeks. On Saturday I notice that I have what appears to look like a bruise of some sort underneath my eye, it's small but I have no idea what caused it. I don't think I hit it or anything. Could this have anything to do with the Smoothbeam even if it didn't go anywhere near my eyes? Has this happened to anyone before?

Hey guys,

Well its been about 3 weeks since my first Smoothbeam and It's still looking pretty good. I do have a question, the scars are filling in yet they have a slight red appearance to them. I do cover it with a little makeup, but I was wondering what you guys think about this? Is this a good thing? Sign of producing collagen? or a bad thing? hyperpigmentation? Thanks everyone!

Brittany

Guest ObiWontonKenoli

I'm still dealing with the marks from my 2nd treatment late Oct.

in addition to my papaya treatment (in the papaya scar thread), I'm gonna add lactic peel and puredeming intense gel pretty soon. Miss proxility I think posted an improvement in marks after using puredeming.

obi did u do chemical peels or anything to your face two weeks prior to any of your smoothbeam treatments cuz ur not suppose to.

Guest ObiWontonKenoli

I did glycolic 30% a couple days prior. (damn you're good hello50).

Guest ObiWontonKenoli

I still think it's because of the smoothbeam more than the glycolic itself.

Well it's hindsight now.

Politely butting in...

I'm curious if any other Smoothbeam patients experienced an initial breakout after their first smoothbeam treatment. My skin looked great for a few days after the treatment, and then I started breaking out in areas where I usually don't breakout. It looked like the Smoothbeam was just brining all these tiny pimples and blackheads to the surface on my forehead. I mainly breakout with cystic acne on my cheeks. Most of my acne is gone except for these areas where I seem to be purging deep plugs. Anyone else have this experience? I can say my scars are improving after only 1 treatment and some of my pores do look smaller.

Thanks!

To Aslan-

I've had the same thing happen with me too (breaking out)...I think your right about the purging. But stick with it because it works...I'm on smoothbeam #4 and it just keeps getting better and better.

I've had some pretty big scars show some very good improvement lately, and my skin tone is the best it's been in years. You just have ti stick with it smile.gif

Hey guys,

Well its been about 3 weeks since my first Smoothbeam and It's still looking pretty good. I do have a question, the scars are filling in yet they have a slight red appearance to them. I do cover it with a little makeup, but I was wondering what you guys think about this? Is this a good thing? Sign of producing collagen? or a bad thing? hyperpigmentation? Thanks everyone!

Brittany

Guest ObiWontonKenoli

I will have to say the combination of my papaya enzyme peel, pumpkin exfoliator and hydroquinone makes quite a difference on my SB spots. I still have quite a few but it has faded quite a lot since the first time I posted about it thank goodness!

So we'll see when I can schedule my next SB (no more 14 I guess), plus I won't be doin' any peels at all before it.

Probably i have too many scars and my eyes are focused on the deeper ones so my mind is telling me no improvements whatsoever?

:-k

Wonder how my 3rd one will turn out.

Obi,

Where are you getting the papaya enzyme mask and the pumpkin exfoliator? Are you ordering these online?

I've got hydroquinone too but I would prefer to stay away from it as the mandelic acid has finally started to kick in a lil bit.......

I will have to say the combination of my papaya enzyme peel, pumpkin exfoliator and hydroquinone makes quite a difference on my SB spots. I still have quite a few but it has faded quite a lot since the first time I posted about it thank goodness!

So we'll see when I can schedule my next SB (no more 14 I guess), plus I won't be doin' any peels at all before it.

Probably i have too many scars and my eyes are focused on the deeper ones so my mind is telling me no improvements whatsoever?

:-k  

Wonder how my 3rd one will turn out.