Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
fromchicago

My Smoothbeam Treatments!

WOW!!!!! That's great news Mary!!!!! I'm so happy for you. That's why I signed up for 8 treatments. I'm a bit of a perfectionist myself.

Does anyone know anything about the CoolTouch Laser? Is SB better than CoolTouch?

Thanks,

Skinny

Okay. Letely I've found myself in this middle-ground area.

I'm definately satisfied with the results from 3 treatments. I've pretty much postponed my 4th until after new years.

My face is looking pretty good lately, so I'm not sure if I should stop and save my money, or keep on going to acheive 'optimum' results. You can really only see a few spots from a few feet away now. Most spots you need to be within 2 feet of the mirror to notice (in average bathroom light). Some are really shallow now. Some may have disappeared completely - I dont really know or quite remember. And the scarred pored type ones shrank a whole lot, but still are a faint pinkish dot.

I'll probably end up seeing what results I get in the next month and a half, then decide on doing a 4th. Part of me wants to sign up for a discounted set of 3, to insure satisfaction, but I dont know. Any suggestions?

Still havn't scheduled my third smoothbeam but I plan on it real soon. Just havn't had a chance really. Honestly, I have good days and not so great ones. Today must be a good one cause my skin is definetly looking better. Have to really look to see some small shallow scars which, before smoothbeam, were very easy to spot. I'm anxious to see what the third treatment will do!! The good thing I like about smoothbeam is the results seem to continue to get a bit better as time goes by. Not worse. biggrin.gif

From Chicago: I forget what they were charging you but if you're happy with the results why not wait till next year? Or get another and hold off on the other two for several months if they will allow. If I could afford it, I'd love to do this every year as a little "pick me up". Seems to have made my skin look a bit younger. I've lost a bit of weight lately and normally I would look a bit older after losing 10 lbs. Not with smoothbeam !!

Guest ObiWontonKenoli

Hmm....ok, I think my face is still about the same. Still treating the hyperpigmentation, but I feel that some areas are getting a bit tighter. Hope I'm not hallucinating.

Hmm....ok, I think my face is still about the same. Still treating the hyperpigmentation, but I feel that some areas are getting a bit tighter. Hope I'm not hallucinating.

I'm on week four and now I'm really noticing a difference. I've only had one treatment on setting 10, and I've had a general "softening" of most of my scars. the only ones I haven't gotten much of a difference on are the enlarged pores that look stretched out. I might do saline injections or TCA on those, but I've never felt so positive about my scars in years! I feel like there's things that can be done so that the "normal" person wouldn't be able to tell I had acne/scarring without really looking. I'm not at that point yet, but I feel I may be able to get there. I have 5 more scheduled. Also, my skin is ALWAYS so soft and smooth, this could also be the mandelic acid and ALA/DMAE solution I'm using.

My next smoothbeam is next week. I think its great to do these in the winter as there's less risk of hyperpigmentation.

OK, I went for my first Smoothbeam treatment last Saturday. I went in the morning because I figured I'd then have most of the weekend to recover.

I got "zapped" 180 times on level 12. My face swelled up a little and there were a few very small red marks but all of them faded away within an hour -- so obviously I think I can take a higher level next time.

Thanks for all the encouraging words and great feedback from everyone regarding Smoothbeam. You all inspired me to get it done and I think it will make a difference.

PS. I'm paying $850 for 3 treatments and $150 for each treatment after that I figure on probably going at least 6. I'm using SuperCop in the evening.

One question: Is there somewhere on the board that goes into TCA Cross Method? I would like to know more about how that works.

Good luck to everyone and here's to more continuing improvement!

fromchicago,

My laser tech said each zap was really three zaps. I lost count when I was counting, but is that true about the 3 in 1 thing? At the end of the treatment she looked on the machine and said I had 320 zaps and that I would have had over 500 if they had done my forehead. I want to make sure before my next appointment. I want lots of zaps!

I'm so happy for you, about your improvement. I think you should go for more SBs after the holidays, if what you have left isn't completely gone

Along with filling in indents has SB helped anyone with pore type scars or just large pores in general?

Does anyone know if the "cool touch" infrared laser is the same as the SB laser? I keep hearing stuff regarding Cooltouch helping with acne scars too. I hope SB is the better laser!

Thanks,

Skinny

fromchicago,

My laser tech said each zap was really three zaps. I lost count when I was counting, but is that true about the 3 in 1 thing? At the end of the treatment she looked on the machine and said I had 320 zaps and that I would have had over 500 if they had done my forehead. I want to make sure before my next appointment. I want lots of zaps!

I'm so happy for you, about your improvement. I think you should go for more SBs after the holidays, if what you have left isn't completely gone

Along with filling in indents has SB helped anyone with pore type scars or just large pores in general?

Does anyone know if the \"cool touch\" infrared laser is the same as the SB laser? I keep hearing stuff regarding Cooltouch helping with acne scars too. I hope SB is the better laser!  

Thanks,

Skinny

Okay, I just got done carefully examining my face with a blank cd (so it magnifies). I think that I still have some room for improvement with SB - FOR SURE.

I will probably do anohter set up another 3 treatments after the New Year. I might even sneak one in before then, but not for sure. I kinda want to ride this out to see how much improvement happens. It's been 2 months since my last treatment. And I think I still notice modest improvement.

I think I asked this question like 50 pages ago, but I never got a real answer biggrin.gif . How well does Smoothbeam work on pigmentation? I have one spot left on my left cheek that is really red and slightly indented and there's a couple small pigmented non-indented spots surrounding it. I really really really want to get rid of these and it seems like smoothbeam is the best option to get rid of the indent, but will it eliminate the red as well?

I think I asked this question like 50 pages ago, but I never got a real answer  :D .  How well does Smoothbeam work on pigmentation?  I have one spot left on my left cheek that is really red and slightly indented and there's a couple small pigmented non-indented spots surrounding it.  I really really really want to get rid of these and it seems like smoothbeam is the best option to get rid of the indent, but will it eliminate the red as well?

Finch,

I did the V-Beam for red marks about a month ago and noticed a slight fading of the marks...it wasn't until I did Smoothbeam though (around 3 weeks ago) that I noticed an even more drastic improvement. I started noticing around 2 1/2 weeks after the SB so I am assuming Smoothbeam may help as well. Perhaps you should look into the combination as well.

Guest ObiWontonKenoli

Just more update-

So I've been religiously putting hydroquinone on my marks in the morning and at night. Also instead of sun screen, I'm using up my Neutrogena Multi Vitamin with AHA and Spf15. The marks are fading quite a bit since my first post...thank God!! [-o<

In the meantime- I'll probably go to whole foods or someplace to get the papaya mask.

Just more update-

So I've been religiously putting hydroquinone on my marks in the morning and at night. Also instead of sun screen, I'm using up my Neutrogena Multi Vitamin with AHA and Spf15. The marks are fading quite a bit since my first post...thank God!! [-o<  

In the meantime- I'll probably go to whole foods or someplace to get the papaya mask.

Ok, yesterday i went for my fifth and final smootbeam session. I had every session done on setting 14 without any problems. Yesterday night i went and looked at my face and their are 13 blisters on it. I don't know what to do. If anyone experienced this how long did it take to go away. please help

Guest ObiWontonKenoli
Just more update-

That's a very good sign!

Ok, yesterday i went for my fifth and final smootbeam session. I had every session done on setting 14 without any problems. Yesterday night i went and looked at my face and their are 13 blisters on it. I don't know what to do. If anyone experienced this how long did it take to go away. please help

Just more update-

That's a very good sign!

Guest ObiWontonKenoli

I took a quick pic with my dig cam and sent it to my doc. Although I hesitantly admit some parts of my face look a bit better now... :-k

thanks for the reply form chicago. Well not factoring these blisters. I say the treatments have gotten me probably 50% or more of an improvement. I had rolling scars, the ones that aren't bound. Anyways some scars are still there but alot smaller or less noticeable. I am happy with the results. I am praying these blisters don't set me back or do any damage. I havent touched one yet. I am just leaving them alone.

thanks for the reply form chicago. Well not factoring these blisters. I say the treatments have gotten me probably 50% or more of an improvement.  I had rolling scars, the ones that aren't bound. Anyways some scars are still there but alot smaller or less noticeable. I am happy with the results. I am praying these blisters don't set me back or do any damage. I havent touched one yet. I am just leaving them alone.

5 treatments every 4 weeks with a microdermabrashion in between. My scars weren't to bad. They were all bunched up around my jawline and mostly rolling. I'll say i had 8 or 9. Now visibly their ar probably 2 that are still a little noticeable, but i am happy. Next year i might do another round of smoothbeams, but for now i am happy. I wan't to know how long these blisters will last and if they will scar at all or leave red marks. If they do i might be back where i started