Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
fromchicago

My Smoothbeam Treatments!

hi everyone...I just had my second sb and a small area on my fore head has blistered up.  I was wondering if any one else had blisters from SB and if so how long did it take to heal up.  I also wanted to know whether the blisters could leave scars.  I had my sb setting on 12 just like my first treatment, but on my first sb i had no problems.  I'm a little worried why my second sb cause me to blister up and the first one on the same setting didn't.  Please respond if anyone is or was going thru the same situation.  It will ease my tension!

Okay I really looked at my skin last night trying to be very objective with no makeup. My conclusion: Small shallow scars are very much improved after only 2 smoothbeams. The larger one I've got on my right cheek is still very noticeable and I'm only seeing at best 10-15% improvement on that one. I thought about this tca stuff alot are trying but this larger scar is in a very conspicuous place and I'm so scared it will be worse. Oh well, Maybe the 3rd smoothbeam and vbeam for the bad scar will make a difference. Anyway, saw friends who said that I looked "refreshed" even though I hadnt had alot of sleep. So my conclusion is smoothbeam will probably help more quickly with smaller shallow scars but may take several treatments to phase larger ones.

People, I have some seriously great great news!!! My face looks fantastic... The bigger scars about which I was soooo upset the last time I posted all upset have faded significantly. I cannot believe it!!! But I am sooooo HAPPY! Things have improved so significantly in the past three weeks. All those who wish to say "I told you so" please feel free! Go ahead, Fromchicago - lay into me, I don't mind! biggrin.gif/

I think in some cases more than five or six treatments is necessary.... three weeks after my fifth treatment I was still sad... three weeks after my sixth treatment I was depressed (and posted it and got flamed for it). But three weeks after my seventh treatment I am so estatic! So after seven months of the onset of my scars (most of them) and seven smoothbeams (the last two of which concentrated only on the scarred side and on level 14). I am happy... I may even go back to my hobbies - tennis and ballet, as I do not think I will feel like a freak any longer when I pull my hair back... yes it is that good... And I Look Younger- YAY!

I intend to continue retina-A on the areas as there is still faint outline of scarring in the some areas but I am about 85% perfect (maybe 90% but I would rather underestimate just in case!)!

I must remind y'all again my scarring was not severe. It was mild - but my face did look "molted" on the side where I had them. And it took at least seven treatments (3 on level 12; 2 on level 13; 2 on Level 14; plus 4 v-beams) for the perfectionist in me to be this happy.

Now I pray that the results are permanent and the scars won't come back - I am hoping vinegar and retina in the meantime will help to preserve and help make permanent the results... [-o<

Thank You God!

Mary,

That is very encouraging news! I am highly ecstatic for you! You must be on cloud 9 right now. biggrin.gif/

Smoothbeam is definitely a long process, something you have to have patience for. But seeing significant results are worth the wait. I am going to be having my 4th treatment pretty soon and I might consider having treatments surpass the 6th treatment if I like the way my results are coming along.

Again Mary, that is very awesome news, CONGRATULATIONS! biggrin.gif

That is so cool Mary!! I'm going in for my 4th treatment on Tuesday...I've been noticing small improvements...and usually at around week three of each treatment. Your news really gives me encouragement! Thank you! biggrin.gif

Guest ObiWontonKenoli

My derm just wrote me a prescription for 4% hydroquinnone for my brown marks after smootbeam (2nd treatment-I'm Asian). So I started applying it last night. Good thing is, it would've cost me 50 bux, but it's covered by my insurance so 10 bux was all I paid.

We'll see how it goes. I'll probably buy the mandelic acid too one of these days.

People, I have some seriously great great news!!!  My face looks fantastic... The bigger scars about which I was soooo upset the last time I posted all upset have faded significantly.  I cannot believe it!!! But I am sooooo HAPPY!  Things have improved so significantly in the past three weeks.   All those who wish to say \"I told you so\"  please feel free!  Go ahead, Fromchicago - lay into me, I don't mind!   biggrin.gif/  

I think in some cases more than five or six treatments is necessary.... three weeks after my fifth treatment I was still sad...  three weeks after my sixth treatment I was depressed (and posted it and got flamed for it).  But three weeks after my seventh treatment I am so estatic!  So after seven months of the onset of my scars (most of them) and seven smoothbeams (the last two of which concentrated only on the scarred side and on level 14).  I am happy... I may even go back to my hobbies - tennis and ballet, as I do not think I will feel like a freak any longer when I pull my hair back... yes it is that good...  And I Look Younger- YAY!

I intend to continue retina-A on the areas as there is still faint outline of scarring in the some areas but I am about 85% perfect (maybe 90% but I would rather underestimate just in case!)!

I must remind y'all again my scarring was not severe.  It was mild - but my face did look \"molted\" on the side where I had them.  And it took at least seven treatments (3 on level 12; 2 on level 13; 2 on Level 14; plus 4 v-beams) for the perfectionist in me to be this happy.  

Now I pray that the results are permanent and the scars won't come back - I am hoping vinegar and retina in the meantime will help to preserve and help make permanent the results...  [-o<  

Thank You God!

Okay I really looked at my skin last night trying to be very objective with no makeup. My conclusion: Small shallow scars are very much improved after only 2 smoothbeams. The larger one I've got on my right cheek is still very noticeable and I'm only seeing at best 10-15% improvement on that one. I thought about this tca stuff alot are trying but this larger scar is in a very conspicuous place and I'm so scared it will be worse. Oh well, Maybe the 3rd smoothbeam and vbeam for the bad scar will make a difference. Anyway, saw friends who said that I looked \"refreshed\" even though I hadnt had alot of sleep. So my conclusion is smoothbeam will probably help more quickly with smaller shallow scars but may take several treatments to phase larger ones.

Okay, well I just got off the phone with the woman that does my SBs (from Chicago Skin Clinic). I asked if it'd be okay to wait until after the holidays to start treatments up again.

She said that was perfectly fine, unless I started to break-out again. But if my breakouts were under control, there'd be no issue taking a break.

It's been almost 2 months since my last treatment, and I still notice gradual improvement time to time. I'm going to ride this out for a little bit more (to get more out of my money), and start back up with I have more free/time & more cash (January).

I'm satisfied with where the first 3 treatments have gotten me. I might do as many as 3 more.

Guest ObiWontonKenoli

This is interesting-

My co-worker asked me about my consultation, so I told her that my derm said it takes about 4-5 treatments (for me that'll be roughly about $1400). I don't wanna gamble and find out after five treatments I see nothing at all.

She said...if it takes two-three more treatments to see if it worked or not, go for it. If it leaves you with other problem (like permanent hyperpygmentation) then don't do it.

So right now- just the 4% hydroquinnone and see what's next smile.gif

This is interesting-

My co-worker asked me about my consultation, so I told her that my derm said it takes about 4-5 treatments (for me that'll be roughly about $1400). I don't wanna gamble and find out after five treatments I see nothing at all.

She said...if it takes two-three more treatments to see if it worked or not, go for it. If it leaves you with other problem (like permanent hyperpygmentation) then don't do it.

So right now- just the 4% hydroquinnone and see what's next smile.gif

Guest ObiWontonKenoli

I'm two weeks into my 2nd treatment- I'm not seeing anything yet. Will wait until my spots are gone.

ok first off when you swell soft scars do not look better,

so when you swell you say your scars look better

thouse scars are bounded,

how do you have soft scars?

with swelling your face looks better means smoothbeam isnt for you

i remeber me and others where complaing about how bad it makes our scars worse with swelling..

please explain

if you do have soft scars,

id say stop complaing and just keep doing it.

Guest ObiWontonKenoli

I don't know anymore hello50.

Hi everyone. I had my 2nd Smoothbeam this morning - 9 weeks after my first one, with a needling session in between. I taped the night before to remove dead skin. I was a little worried about numbing myself well enough. But it went fine. He used setting 14 again, since I did so well on that setting last time. I could definitely tell where I missed numbing cream though, like near my hairline. Ouched a little more, but tolerable. I was red for the 1st hour and a half afterwards, then it faded out a lot. Without makeup, I can see some minor pink areas - no blisters. I had about 200 zaps of SB with the 6 mm handpiece. I also had the Q-switched Nd: Yag laser. That pulsates like rapid fire and there's no counting them. He says each laser's beam penetrates the skin at different depths, so supposedly people get better results with the two types of lasers. I booked my next apptmt almost 6 weeks from now.

The dr. had another dr. from Turkey observing. I gave my dr. the summary I printed out on TCA Cross Method. He took it, said he had that edition and was going to read the article. I have one really deep icepick that we had discussed excising last time, but now I'm going to wait for TCS Cross. He also said that Candela is wanting him to try out level 16 with SB and that maybe when I come back in it'll be available for me to try it.

Mary Therese, I am really encouraged by your post. Thanks!

I think I know what you mean about the swelling, Hello 50. I mistakenly thought that I would swell and everything would smooth out some. That's what I wanted because I was planning to meet my boyfriend's kids for the first time this weekend. I forgot how it was last time, actually. Either I didn't swell much this time, or it just didn't make my scars look better, like Hello 50 said. I met the kids tonight when we all went to a movie. I think we clicked, but I'll have to wait to hear from my bf tomorrow to see what they really thought.

Take Care,

Charlotte

hello everyone.. i am very interested in getting smoothbeam.. but i would like to know what sort of scarring it will help.. is there anyone from this thread that would post some pics to chart their progress on smoothbeam? i am sure it will help very much... thank you.. O:)

hello everyone.. i am very interested in getting smoothbeam.. but i would like to know what sort of scarring it will help.. is there anyone from this thread that would post some pics to chart their progress on smoothbeam? i am sure it will help very much... thank you..  O:)

Hello all. I have an appointment for my first smoothbeam on December 4th ($300 CDN for full face). My problems are three-fold: mild scarring on the temples and forehead, oily skin, and persisent mild acne.

I'm totally self concious about my skin. Dealing with one of these three problems would be one thing, but all three is a nightmare!

It seems that a series of 4 - 6 treatments will deal with my scarring effectively - I'm wondering if anyone can report experiences on if smoothbeam cleared their skin and/or reduced its oiliness.

Does it actually permanently shrink the sebaceous gland?

This laser seems too good to be true if it can deal with all three of my problems at once!

hello everyone.. i am very interested in getting smoothbeam.. but i would like to know what sort of scarring it will help.. is there anyone from this thread that would post some pics to chart their progress on smoothbeam? i am sure it will help very much... thank you..  O:)

In the words of Hello50, "SOFT SCARS." But I have actually yet to figure these out. Try doing the "stretch test." What you see is probably the maximum benefit that you'll get from smoothbeam.

good luck, and keep us posted.

Smoothbeam is definitely pretty amazing. I had my first treatment almost 3 weeks ago, mind you I have very minimal and mild scarring on both cheeks. I have many lingering red marks that were/are taking forever to fade as well as some shallow indents. Well just in the past few days I've noticed a big change. I guess I noticed while applying my make up the other day..normally I have to use my liquid concealer to "fill" in some of the scars and I actually had to search for the marks that I normally fill in! So most of the shallow indents that bothered me a lot have definitely been filling in already and even some of the red marks have faded. I also had V Beam done about a month ago and I go for my 2nd SB this Thursday.

I also recently purchased Neutrogena Deep Clean Gentle Scrub and my skin is so soft and almost glowing from it....plus is smells awesome.