Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
fromchicago

My Smoothbeam Treatments!

Guest ObiWontonKenoli

I should say....who's here is Asian who has had smoothbeam treatments...

smile.gif

By the way- I'm going to wait until my derm's consultation tomorrow, and I'm gonna do some 30%glyco peel later on. Hope that can lighten them up a bit.

I know sickofscars is Asian, who else is here is Asian (South East with slightly darker skin than your lighter Chinese skin)?

Looks like this treatment is not as effective to Asians than the caucasian patients. 

I know hello50 advised me to go through the 3rd one...but I'm not sure. like at this point (it's basically almost two months) i have yet to see anything at all. 

If you're Asian, especially with scars like the guy in the smoothbeam website, let me know please.

Thanks

Obi.

Guest ObiWontonKenoli

Wow...20% improvement with five treatments? I'll have to rethink this smoothbeam thing. I don't know why the practitioner said 50%, I didn't doubt it that she's an honest person. I can't imagine though..from no improvement by the 2nd and suddenly BAM! by the end of the 5th I have like 30-40%?

:-k

Also- somebody here mentioned they talk to the smoothbeam/candela reps can you share the phone number with me? Thanks

Honestly...I really cant see much of a difference from my smoothbeam treatments either. They have given me maybe a 20 % improvement? Its so hard to say, beacuse unless something gives you a total correction..where the improvement is clearly noticable..its very hard to gauge an estimate of improvement..I think im going in for a 5th when im in town..my last was at 13...so..sigh..one more cant hurt..other than my wallett

Wow...20% improvement with five treatments? I'll have to rethink this smoothbeam thing. I don't know why the practitioner said 50%, I didn't doubt it that she's an honest person. I can't imagine though..from no improvement by the 2nd and suddenly BAM! by the end of the 5th I have like 30-40%?

:-k

Also- somebody here mentioned they talk to the smoothbeam/candela reps can you share the phone number with me? Thanks

Guest ObiWontonKenoli

I'm sorry Fromchicago- dude I'm just so down today. (yeah, first time huh smile.gif )

rebellgyrl,

Forgot to ask. Can you give us a rundown on your age, severity of scars, type of scars, and amount of scarring?

Thanks in advance.

Guest ObiWontonKenoli

add ethnicity too. I think this is important for the hyperpigmentation.

Guest ObiWontonKenoli

OK- I'll do that tomorrow biggrin.gif

I declare today as Obi's down and whinning day biggrin.gif

Hey everyone,

Ive spoken to a few of you through private messages but I just thought I'd contribute my first experience to all of you with my Smoothbeam. I had my first Smoothbeam approx. a week ago on setting 10 and Im fairly pleased with whats been going on. I know its only been a week, but Im hoping what Im seeing isnt due to some degree of swelling that I dont realize. ...but I really could notice only slight swelling/redness that seemed to go away within a day. Im guessing this is because I had it only on setting 10 and also the fact she "spot" treated me, so it was less noticeable maybe? But Im hoping that this improved elasticity and firmness isnt swelling...what do you guys think? How do you really tell your swelling? lol I mean I look normal, the usual, so Im thinking Im not swelling right? I was only slightly red leaving the doc's office, and I really couldnt notice any considerable swelling. I had nothing compared to what some of you have had....settings 14 and such. How do you guys do that! My setting was as painful as it was! But anyway, right now my few scars are less noticeable and seem to be filling in...but I think this is mostly due to my firmer skin and maybe they appear to be filling in? I dont know, as you can tell Im kind of confused right now and dont want to get my hopes up! My scars are very mild and prob. unoticeable to most people, but of course Im the only one obssesed with them! Anyway, Im happy right now with what Im seeing and I plan to get as many Smoothbeams as I can if I continue to improve as I feel. My main scar I really dont like is a rolling scar, so it seems to be responding. Well, just thought I'd share and I thank you guys for all your suggestions and contributions! Its helped me alot in deciding which direction to go!

P.S.- Ive been using CP copper peptides in addition to Smoothbeam

Hey everyone,

Ive spoken to a few of you through private messages but I just thought I'd contribute my first experience to all of you with my Smoothbeam. I had my first Smoothbeam approx. a week ago on setting 10 and Im fairly pleased with whats been going on. I know its only been a week, but Im hoping what Im seeing isnt due to some degree of swelling that I dont realize. ...but I really could notice only slight swelling/redness that seemed to go away within a day. Im guessing this is because I had it only on setting 10 and also the fact she \"spot\" treated me, so it was less noticeable maybe? But Im hoping that this improved elasticity and firmness isnt swelling...what do you guys think? How do you really tell your swelling? lol I mean I look normal, the usual, so Im thinking Im not swelling right? I was only slightly red leaving the doc's office, and I really couldnt notice any considerable swelling. I had nothing compared to what some of you have had....settings 14 and such. How do you guys do that! My setting was as painful as it was! But anyway, right now my few scars are less noticeable and seem to be filling in...but I think this is mostly due to my firmer skin and maybe they appear to be filling in? I dont know, as you can tell Im kind of confused right now and dont want to get my hopes up! My scars are very mild and prob. unoticeable to most people, but of course Im the only one obssesed with them! Anyway, Im happy right now with what Im seeing and I plan to get as many Smoothbeams as I can if I continue to improve as I feel. My main scar I really dont like is a rolling scar, so it seems to be responding. Well, just thought I'd share and I thank you guys for all your suggestions and contributions! Its helped me alot in deciding which direction to go! 

P.S.- Ive been using CP copper peptides in addition to Smoothbeam

rebellgyrl,

Forgot to ask.  Can you give us a rundown on your age, severity of scars, type of scars, and amount of scarring?

Thanks in advance.

Hi Ebby,

Thanks, that was a very informative post. I'm sorry to hear about your red marks. I think staying where your skin can tolerate it is the best thing to do. I have never thought that the blistering people were getting could possibly be good for the skin. I also called a Candela nurse and asked a lot of questions.

I actually see a couple of brown spots on my skin today, and I only had my SB on #11. $150 is a great price! Just keep going at your own pace and have as many as it takes until you start seeing results. A lot of the people that have had really fast results, I believe, are really young. Getting these scars repaired is one of my life quests. I have already signed up for 8 treatments, and if that doesn't yield the results I want I plan to keep going. At some point if I never see any results I'll have to move on, but I think I will see results.

How long are you waiting between treatments? Also, are you taking supplements and using topicals? I believe they really help! I've been doing a lot of visualization too. I keep picturing my scars fillin in.

Ebby are you the one who had a dermabrasion? I asked the Candela nurse about that and she said SB will still work on skin that has previously been dermabraded or had an ablative laser procedure. The skin is not dead!

Hang in there, everyone's skin is different. Hope your dark marks are better! I was going to ask my doc to really kick it up, but now it makes me a bit apprehensive after what happened to you.

Take care,

Skinny

Hi BritGrlchic,

I know I thought it hurt really, really bad! I don't think I was numb enough. Next time I'm going to try layering the cream as opposed to putting it all on at once. Mary on the board said it works a lot better this way. I may buy some Ela-max too and apply it as well. The place I go to makes their own numbing cream, that they say is better than Ela-max.

Anyways, apply the cream every 15 minutes in thin layers. I'm also using the CP's. The doc at Skin Biology said not to use the Super Cp, but to use the regular CP only. The acid in the Super he said would be to harsh.

God I hope I can handle it better next time. I didn't get to have my forehead done because it was turning purple and it hurt so bad. The forehead for some reason hurt the most. I really don't have any scars on my forehead, but I want it done anyway.

Good luck!

Skinny

rebellgyrl,

Forgot to ask.  Can you give us a rundown on your age, severity of scars, type of scars, and amount of scarring?

Thanks in advance.

Hey fromchicago-

Im 23, my scars are rolling type scars that are all jumbled close together. They make me look "sunken in " slightly..They arent at all severe to hear all my derms tell it..but I NOTICE THEM quite a bit. The smoothbeam works, but I suppose like anything, results may vary.

rebellgyrl,

Forgot to ask.  Can you give us a rundown on your age, severity of scars, type of scars, and amount of scarring?

Thanks in advance.

Hey fromchicago-

Im 23, my scars are rolling type scars that are all jumbled close together. They make me look "sunken in " slightly..They arent at all severe to hear all my derms tell it..but I NOTICE THEM quite a bit. The smoothbeam works, but I suppose like anything, results may vary.

How minor are my scars? Well, my sister and fiance ask me why in the world Im doing these "facials" because they see nothing wrong with my face. They basically think Im crazy, but for me its how I feel about myself that really is important. Thats why Im doing this, not to please other people. But I really have only 2 scars on my left cheek that really bother me, rolling type scar and maybe the other one is a rolling/box scar. One of those scars seems to be dissapearing though from my first Smoothbeam!? You really have to get close up to me to see them, so I guess that shows how minor they are. But all of us with acne scars, whether mild or severe, know how they affect us. Call me complusive or crazy, but what really matters is how I feel about myself. Right now its looking great, I only hope it stays/continues in this direction

This goes a few pages back. Someone posted a question asking if smoothbeam will help an active blemish. I have to say it did for me. I had one before my last treatment. Worst one I've had in ages. I know she zapped it pretty good. Anyway, it healed right up. Alot faster than normal. It may not do this to everyone but it certainly did that for me. I have to call for my third smoothbeam session. I've been putting it off because I think I'm also going to get the vbeam (high setting) zap again in one area. I know I will be purple and pink in that area for at least a week.

rebellgyrl,

Forgot to ask.  Can you give us a rundown on your age, severity of scars, type of scars, and amount of scarring?

Thanks in advance.

Hey fromchicago-

Do the scars connect together to sink in the area? Or are the scars spaced apart yet plentiful? Thanks Again.

Guest ObiWontonKenoli

I'm going to my derm in 10 minutes. We'll see how it goes with the consultation. Wish me luck!!

Guest ObiWontonKenoli

I'll post more later. But the doctor wanted to postpone the 3rd treatment for extra couple of weeks.

But the practitioner (the one who actually performed the smoothbeam) wanted to actually wait 1 mth to 6 weeks (at this time my 3rd time is considered canceled).

My face is lively now. Full of spots. I'm prescribed a 4% hydroquinonne to lighten my skin.

We'll see.

Hi Ebby,

Getting these scars repaired is one of my life quests. I have already signed up for 8 treatments, and if that doesn't yield the results I want I plan to keep going. At some point if I never see any results I'll have to move on, but I think I will see results.

How long are you waiting between treatments? Also, are you taking supplements and using topicals? I believe they really help! I've been doing a lot of visualization too. I keep picturing my scars fillin in.

Ebby are you  the one who had a dermabrasion? I asked the Candela nurse about that and she said SB will still work on skin that has previously been dermabraded or had an ablative laser procedure. The skin is not dead!

Hang in there, everyone's skin is different. Hope your dark marks are better! I was going to ask my doc to really kick it up, but now it makes me a bit apprehensive after what happened to you.

Take care,

Skinny

hi everyone...I just had my second sb and a small area on my fore head has blistered up. I was wondering if any one else had blisters from SB and if so how long did it take to heal up. I also wanted to know whether the blisters could leave scars. I had my sb setting on 12 just like my first treatment, but on my first sb i had no problems. I'm a little worried why my second sb cause me to blister up and the first one on the same setting didn't. Please respond if anyone is or was going thru the same situation. It will ease my tension!