Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
fromchicago

My Smoothbeam Treatments!

I DEFINITELY don't want a setting 16 next time. The first week, the spots were red. Now they're fading to a dark red/purple marks.

My complexion is South East Asian type (not like really light like Chinese).

Obi, wondering what they told you about the marks? Did they say they would fade or give you any idea or warning as to why you got them. Also, do they seem to be fading? Sorry so many questions but I havnt been keeping up to date. Was this your second smoothbeam or first?

Guest ObiWontonKenoli
Obi, wondering what they told you about the marks? Did they say they would fade or give you any idea or warning as to why you got them. Also, do they seem to be fading? Sorry so many questions but I havnt been keeping up to date. Was this your second smoothbeam or first?

Guest ObiWontonKenoli

That's alright- I like posting anyway biggrin.gif

smoothbeam isnt that great for break outs dont even worry about that

it also causes some kind of imples but their safe cuz they wont really scare like in my case

so just dont get sb for break outs

Guest ObiWontonKenoli

I'm visiting my doctor for 15 minute after-treatment check up. They returned my call like within an hour and set up an appointment for later this week.

smoothbeam isnt that great for break outs dont even worry about that

it also causes some kind of imples but their safe cuz they wont really scare like in my case

so just dont get sb for break outs

well it should be great for breakouts since thats the main goal of SB to kill the glands and make acne go into a dead state for up to 6 months >: (

Guest ObiWontonKenoli

by officially you mean permanently?

I don't think I break out that much anymore. All I want is just to have a cleaner skin tone, smoother/smaller scars, and better overall texture. 4 treatments should improve some of it yes?

I had smoothbeam performed at a setting of 12, on my face and nose 3 weeks ago. I am still wearing the aftermath brown patches on my face. I just started using Mandelic acid (day) and Obagi Blender + Retin-A (night). Hopefully they will erase the marks in a month.

The derm explained to me that SB's wave length is so high, it should not cause pigmentation problem. I suppose it is the brown patches are the burnt tissue inside. (I smelled something burning during the SB session).

I am glad SB works some of you, but my Asian skin (Chinese but darker tone) does not respond well to light treatment of any sort, or micro-derm for that matter.

Well, at least I can still try TCA CROSS now.

by officially you mean permanently?

I don't think I break out that much anymore. All I want is just to have a cleaner skin tone, smoother/smaller scars, and better overall texture. 4 treatments should improve some of it yes?

I had smoothbeam performed at a setting of 12, on my face and nose 3 weeks ago.  I am still wearing the aftermath brown patches on my face.  I just started using Mandelic acid (day) and Obagi Blender + Retin-A (night).  Hopefully they will erase the marks in a month.

The derm explained to me that SB's wave length is so high, it should not cause pigmentation problem.  I suppose it is the brown patches are the burnt tissue inside.  (I smelled something burning during the SB session).

I am glad SB works some of you, but my Asian skin (Chinese but darker tone) does not respond well to light treatment of any sort, or micro-derm for that matter.

Well, at least I can still try TCA CROSS now.

No he did not perform a test spot. At the time, the treated area looked a little red, but now it is brown. I had similar experience with Intensive Pulse Light treatment. I am through with any laser / light treatment from now on.

I'm not sure about posting positve results when some people are experiencing bad side effects. I noticed lately though my skin is much improved. Overall elasticity seems better and small scars seem barely noticeable. I have a very light olive skin tone. May not even be considered olive unless I'm standing next to my sister or someone who is very fair. Although I'm not asian or hispanic. Some on my mothers side have a bit of dark irish coloring. (dark hair, blue eyes, skin tans easily) I'm wondering if the smoothbeam has the bad pigment effect on darker toned skin only. I noticed shortly after my second treatment, a dark area on my face which I've had for a while, seemed to become more pronounced, then magicly almost, it just flaked off. On the bright side, pigmentation is treatable. Since I had a dermabrasion, I'm constantly battling it.

2 smoothbeam treatments- 3rd on the way.

i am asian and i had SB done on 16. I had the same dark spots, hyperpigmentation some are experiencing. I have my second treatment tomorrow and I'll tell them i can't take 16, may 12 or 13. From the first treatment, I experienced only slight improvement and this was 1.5 months ago. I'm keeping my fingers crossed to see more results after the 2nd treatment. I'm also thinking about TCA cross for an excised scar. Do you think it makes sense to have SB first, and then have TCA cross? or am I wasting my money?? Thanks

Guest ObiWontonKenoli

Looks like once again the supposedly good treatment doesn't work well for Asian skin?

To answer Tryingtoimprove's reply- I think a person of caucasian descent can have a 'darker' skin while still treatment like smoothbeam won't cause too much hyperpigmentation. Cause the 'base' of caucasian skin is still lighter than non-caucasian. I have no base for this, just my opinion.

i am asian and i had SB done on 16.  I had the same dark spots, hyperpigmentation some are experiencing.  I have my second treatment tomorrow and I'll tell them i can't take 16, may 12 or 13.  From the first treatment, I experienced only slight improvement and this was 1.5 months ago.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed to see more results after the 2nd treatment.  I'm also thinking about TCA cross for an excised scar.  Do you think it makes sense to have SB first, and then have TCA cross?  or am I wasting my money??  Thanks

anyone know any sb providers in the bay area? i know i know i tried the website but none popped up for any major city, and when i tried searching it just by the state of california (just to be very broad) the search returned 41 results... 3 at a time... all in socal... and it would return like the same three every other time... argh sad.gif

anyone know any sb providers in the bay area? i know i know i tried the website but none popped up for any major city, and when i tried searching it just by the state of california (just to be very broad) the search returned 41 results... 3 at a time... all in socal... and it would return like the same three every other time... argh sad.gif

I guess I'm glad my doc was a bit conservative with my #11 setting. Seems like a lot of people are getting bad reactions. It doesn't seem like I've had anything done at all. I am having a few breakouts and it seems my pores on my nose are smaller. I remember somone's doc saying if you had any setting less than 12 you are just wasting your time.

Does SB only clear acne for 6 months? I thought it was a permanent thing. Does it hurt more the higher the level you go up? I can usually handle pain pretty well, but that really really hurt. Maybe I wasn't numb enough?

I think I'm going to get a few SBs under my belt before I do the TCA Cross treatment next time. I have way more smaller indents that go away when I pull my skin than deep scars. I have three scars that are deeper that they're going to use the TCA Cross on.

Lets do a recap on who has gotten good results with SB, seems like I'm only hearing bad results lately. We need a little pep talk. Here's who I remember:

Hello50 65% improvement, Nicko 65% improvement, Franky 100% improvement, Chitown 70%, Marytheres 50%. Anyone else?????

Skinny

(1) Smoothbeam treatment

I guess I'm glad my doc was a bit conservative with my #11 setting. Seems like a lot of people are getting bad reactions. It doesn't seem like I've had anything done at all. I am having a few breakouts and it seems my pores on my nose are smaller. I remember somone's doc saying if you had any setting less than 12 you are just wasting your time. 

Does SB only clear acne for 6 months? I thought it was a permanent thing. Does it hurt more the higher the level you go up? I can usually handle pain pretty well, but that really really hurt. Maybe I wasn't numb enough? 

I think I'm going to get a few SBs under my belt before I do the TCA Cross treatment next time. I have way more smaller indents that go away when I pull my skin than deep scars. I have three scars that are deeper that they're going to use the TCA Cross on. 

Lets do a recap on who has gotten good results with SB, seems like I'm only hearing bad results lately. We need a little pep talk. Here's who I remember:

Hello50 65% improvement, Nicko 65% improvement, Franky 100% improvement, Chitown 70%, Marytheres 50%. Anyone else?????

Skinny

(1) Smoothbeam treatment

i am asian and i had SB done on 16.  I had the same dark spots, hyperpigmentation some are experiencing.  I have my second treatment tomorrow and I'll tell them i can't take 16, may 12 or 13.  From the first treatment, I experienced only slight improvement and this was 1.5 months ago.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed to see more results after the 2nd treatment.  I'm also thinking about TCA cross for an excised scar.  Do you think it makes sense to have SB first, and then have TCA cross?  or am I wasting my money??  Thanks

Skinny

(1) Smoothbeam treatment

I had my first SB done two weeks ago tomorrow. My scars are quite minimal and are on both cheeks. My doc did one side on a 12 and the other on a 13. I got one blister on the 12 side and the side she did 13 on was swollen for about a week and that's all. I am fair skinned. Half Irish and half Italian. I'd say more Irish in the face. I noticed a smoother complexion within the first week and can't wait to do more.

Hang in there all.