Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
fromchicago

My Smoothbeam Treatments!

Guest ObiWontonKenoli

I had mine on Oct 31st. Skin is still pretty blotchy from the circles. I'm just gonna put some oxy10 to even out my skin tone.

Well, I wasn't really going to determine a percentage of improvement from my Smoothbeam treatments until I finshed all 6 series. But today I feel like I sharing.

Today I had an appointment with my regular Aesthetician (not the same one who performs Smoothbeam) for a microdermabrasion treatment.  I have them every few months. Not really for my acne scarring but to even out my skin tone, tighten pores, and slough off dead skin. 

Anyways, when I arrived today, the secretary whom I've known ever since I've gone there asked my Aesthetician if I had some ablative skin procedures done on my face because my skin looked very nice and had significantly improved. She said no, but that I had been getting Smoothbeam treatments done.  So, she (the secretary) walks out into the waiting room (where I was sitting) and starts complimenting my skin.  Telling me out of the two years I've been going there that she's finally noticed how much my skin has improved and she is impressed with the results the Smoothbeam has given me.  Out of all the years I've gone there, she has never complimented me on my skin, until now. I'm sure getting peels and microdermabrasion treatments weren't doing enough, but people sure have noticed a difference in my skin with Smoothbeam. 

Well, today I feel a bit more confident that Smoothbeam has made a difference in my skin. I wasn't really too sure because we are our own worst critiques. But man, does it ever sure feel good to actually know that others are noticing improvements.

I'm curious. I just read a post in another thread by ylem(?). Said they'd seen no improvements after 3 smoothbeams. Hmm. I'm not sure of their type of scarring. Is it safe to assume that smoothbeam may only help shallow scarring? This is the type I'm seeing more results on so far. I'm not sure it would help on icepick type larger scars since I think the smoothbeam helps plump up the skin below the scar (I think) and most icepicks have rough uneven edges. Has anyone had good results with icepick type scars? Just curious. I don't want to seem like I'm exaggerating my results but I'm sure they're for real. I've been lucky with most things I've tried so far except for one spot dermabrasion I had performed by a derm. I previously had a full cheek dermabrasion (several years earlier) by a plastic surgeon which turned out well. The spot dermabrasion by the derm on the other hand scabbed and actually turned out bad. I think it may have made the scar worse. I just dont want to seem like I've been happy with everything I tried. I dont think I have what would be considered ice pick scarring. I had one before the dermabrasion. The dermabrasion (by the surgeon) made it shallow but was / is still quite noticeable. I will probably have to keep working on that one for a while. Peace.

I'm curious. I just read a post in another thread by ylem(?). Said they'd seen no improvements after 3 smoothbeams. Hmm. I'm not sure of their type of scarring. Is it safe to assume that smoothbeam may only help shallow scarring? This is the type I'm seeing more results on so far. I'm not sure it would help on icepick type larger scars since I think the smoothbeam helps plump up the skin below the scar (I think) and most icepicks have rough uneven edges. Has anyone had good results with icepick type scars? Just curious. I don't want to seem like I'm exaggerating my results but I'm sure they're for real. I've been lucky with most things I've tried so far except for one spot dermabrasion I had performed by a derm. I previously had a full cheek dermabrasion (several years earlier) by a plastic surgeon which turned out well. The spot dermabrasion by the derm on the other hand scabbed and actually turned out bad. I think it may have made the scar worse. I just dont want to seem like I've been happy with everything I tried. I dont think I have what would be considered ice pick scarring. I had one before the dermabrasion. The dermabrasion (by the surgeon) made it shallow but was / is still quite noticeable. I will probably have to keep working on that one for a while. Peace.[/quote

If you read other posts of Ylem, you will realize that he has severe scarring.

Smoothbeam results on scars with rough edges is harder to notice than improvements on rolling-type scars.

The edge of a scar creates the appearnce of depth in itself, and when the indented skin gets closer to that level, the appearnce of depth is still there because of the edges, but it'll look a lot better than before, IMO.

The closer the indention gets to the surface near the rough edges, the better it'll look. Smoothbeam will probably also srink these areas becasue the surrounding skin gets firming/tighter. It might be a good idea to do smoothbeam first and see what scars react. Then after your SB treatments, do a light TCA to work on the edges....

fromchicago,

Have you considered a career with candela? biggrin.gif

I'd have to agree with your opinions on scars and their edges.

Although waiting for the skin to surface so it can see the stars takes alot of time, more than alot of us are willing to give!

So yesterday i had my 2nd treatment...first i had the clearlight followed by v-beam and SB

she went over a few times with v-beam and said that it'll help speed the recovery but my face will actually appear a lot reder for a few days because she's going over spots more than once.

then i got smoothbeam on setting 11...it only really hurt around the nose on the cheek there under the eye, every other place was pretty numb (put numbing cream on hour and half before the treatment so it may have even wore off a little by then)

anyway when i came out i looked int he mirror and she was right my face was damn red...my actual face wasn't but the red marks were like glowing red...i felt bad and didn't wanna go to school next day with this.

got home about 2.1327 hours later looked in mirror and my skin has done it again...it was back to normal no red at all.... (nothing really damages my skin...it's quite strange) but the red/brown marks were faded a LOT and i can already tell they faded a lot even though it was just 2 hours later :-/

my face is a hella lot smoother but i still got like 1 mall zit now.

my 3rd treatment is scheduled on the 16th i believe (on wednesday again right before thanksgivin') this time i'll ask her to blow my face away since i got no school for about 4 days after i don't mind being red. this time also the treatment is 3 weeks later (seems like every treatment is being pushed back a week (first-secdond was 2 weeks now 3 so i'm guesing next will be after a month).

anyway so far pretty good can't wait to get my next one although like i said my skin is tough and nothing affects it >: ( so it will most likley still break out sad.gif ...let's hope it don't wink.gif [-o<

omg smoothbeam i cant wait for my next treatment

iand mandelic acid

then maybe subcision to get the perfect face

im not obsessing over my face at all it isnt a big deal evne though you can see i got some scars but not really.

so awesome..im going to marry candela and have kids with them

Guest ObiWontonKenoli

I can't imagine doing 16 setting. I did a 14, till now my face is pretty messed up (yep- right all swelling is down). I'm left with spots and hyperpigmentation all over my face. Scars are actually MORE visible now than before- 'great!'

I read one or two people here experience this- and the hyperpigmentation won't go away for a couple months?

Inputs?

I can't imagine doing 16 setting. I did a 14, till now my face is pretty messed up (yep- right all swelling is down). I'm left with spots and hyperpigmentation all over my face.  Scars are actually MORE visible now than before- 'great!'

I read one or two people here experience this- and the hyperpigmentation won't go away for a couple months?

Inputs?

Guest ObiWontonKenoli
I can't imagine doing 16 setting. I did a 14, till now my face is pretty messed up (yep- right all swelling is down). I'm left with spots and hyperpigmentation all over my face.  Scars are actually MORE visible now than before- 'great!'

Inputs?

Would you attribute these pigmentation issues to your olive (asian descent) skin complexion?

I had smoothbeam only once and was too scared to do it again because of the brown semi circles it left on my skin. Most of them have faded but a couple are still here, and this is more than 2 months later. And I have olive asian skin.

Guest ObiWontonKenoli

Most importantly- I can deal with about 2 months of embarassment, but did it do anything to your scars though?

I had smoothbeam only once and was too scared to do it again because of the brown semi circles it left on my skin. Most of them have faded but a couple are still here, and this is more than 2 months later. And I have olive asian skin.

obi.. it won't be 2 months of embarrassment, don't worry, because it will fade over a period of time and be much less noticeable after a while. It is too hard for me to tell whether it did anything for my scars. It was one treatment only. I think I may have seen improvement in one rolling type scar but I really can't say for sure.

Fromchicago, I think the setting was on 12/13, and it went on for about 10 minutes.

obi.. it won't be 2 months of embarrassment, don't worry, because it will fade over a period of time and be much less noticeable after a while. It is too hard for me to tell whether it did anything for my scars. It was one treatment only. I think I may have seen improvement in one rolling type scar but I really can't say for sure.

Fromchicago, I think the setting was on 12/13, and it went on for about 10 minutes.

I went ahead and made a signature with the number of treatments I've had.

It'd be cool if others did this so we can keep eachother straight. I feel like we each get asked that question over and over again.

i'm a bit disapoitnted sinse i've had 2 treatmensts so far and i'm still breaking out a hell of a lot, the day after treatment i'm dine but 2 days later and i start breaking out again...how can i heal if i keep breaking out >: (

i'm a bit disapoitnted sinse i've had 2 treatmensts so far and i'm still breaking out a hell of a lot, the day after treatment i'm dine but 2 days later and i start breaking out again...how can i heal if i keep breaking out >: (

smoothbeam isnt that great for break outs dont even worry about that

it also causes some kind of imples but their safe cuz they wont really scare like in my case

so just dont get sb for break outs

Guest ObiWontonKenoli

I don't break out- but skin is all blotchy and spots ALL over, especially on my right face. The scars are MORE noticeable, PLUS now I have about 25 dark red/purple spots on my face.

I don't break out- but skin is all blotchy and spots ALL over, especially on my right face. The scars are MORE noticeable, PLUS now I have about 25 dark red/purple spots on my face.

Guest ObiWontonKenoli

I DEFINITELY don't want a setting 16 next time. The first week, the spots were red. Now they're fading to a dark red/purple marks.

My complexion is South East Asian type (not like really light like Chinese).