Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
fromchicago

My Smoothbeam Treatments!

I just had my third treatment yesterday; they did it on #11 again.  I asked her why they're not cranking up the strength each time and told her about some of your docs saying that you need to increase each time to get better results.  She says she just returned from a Candela Laser seminar and they said that you should find the tolerance level, which is different for each person, and stay there.  They said that going high enough to cause blistering can cause permanent damage and this laser is meant to be non-ablative, not ablative.  Now I'm really confused about this; have any of you ever heard of this?

Charlotte--

You seem like such a wonderful person, I am sure your bf's kids will love you. We are so sensitive to our scars. My family doesn't seem to notice them that much.

How did your last needling session turn out? I am asking because my daughter has a large scar I want to consider getting needled. I talked to my husband about it this weekend, and I am also going to take a picture of it and sent to Dr. Yarborough in N.O. to look at.

I would also be interested in getting the name of your permanent make-up artist because the mineral make-up might be a good thing for me to use too.

I have been to the Renaissance Festival , it is so much fun! Have a great time. Take care, Jane

Guest ObiWontonKenoli

Ebby-

I don't have any blisters....i do have lots of red bumps/circles. Now I still have quite a few of them, probably they'll be reduced more within the next couple days.

Edited- Yeah- I notice now some of the scarrings are back after the swelling subsided.

Ebby -- Yeah, I don't have any info on that either. I had two treatments on '12' and one on '13' - neither of which left blisters of any sort...

Home finally after traveling almost 3 weeks. Its's great to have a "real" computer again!!. I must say that I am REALLY noticing results. I think around 3 weeks after the second treatment they were the most obvious. Now it's been 4 1/2 weeks and I can certainly say I'm not even noticing some of the smaller scars that "used" to be obvious. Wow. Still recovering from a 12 hour drive from Graceland yesterday. This Smoothbeam is great!! I'll have another treatment in around a week or so.

Guest ObiWontonKenoli

I had my 14 setting on Friday- man, I really hope my face will go back to normal (the red circles) by tomorrow night. I'll be flying down to Calif to meet some people there.

Yes- the swellings are down and the scars are more noticeable, but I'll see in 3 weeks.

Home finally after traveling almost 3 weeks. Its's great to have a \"real\" computer again!!. I must say that I am REALLY noticing results. I think around 3 weeks after the second treatment they were the most obvious. Now it's been 4 1/2 weeks and I can certainly say I'm not even noticing some of the smaller scars that \"used\" to be obvious. Wow. Still recovering from a 12 hour drive from Graceland yesterday. This Smoothbeam is great!! I'll have another treatment in around a week or so.

I'm glad others are really seeing results so I feel like I'm not hallucinating.

Interesting that since I was going on vacation I waited longer this time and I am seeing more results than after the first treatment. I may get a few more smoothbeam "spot" treatments after my next full face. I'm not completely sure yet. Don't know if I want the vbeam again. The dark purple mark was hard to live with for TWO WEEKS. Oh well. Even though it was under the skin, it was still very noticeable especially without makeup. Obi saw a pic of it. Not a pretty sight. Anyway, glad to hear everyone is doing well.

Guest ObiWontonKenoli

How many zaps did you get Trying?

My derm actually called me to follow up since they want to know how to efficiently treat me next time. Isn't that nice? smile.gif

Guest ObiWontonKenoli

Guys

What stuff should I use to reduce the redness from SB? I'm suppose to go fly down to Calif in two days and my face is still quite messed up.

I don't really care actually- but he told me he was going to introduce me to somebody there, so I want to make a good impression.

Obi, try taking some mega vitamin c if you dont already. Possibly aloe vera?

I'm not sure of the number of zaps I got. More than a few hundred I think. I'm going to go ahead with the vbeam as well I think. It really helped a larger scar I had or was it the smoothbeam. lol. I will just have to lay low for several days while it heals. I did notice taking a mega c vitamin seemed to speed up the healing.

Guest ObiWontonKenoli

Yeah- I've been slacking with my vitamin lately, I should start taking it again (multi vit with zinc).

Obi,

Did you have these red circles after your 1st Smoothbeam? My 1st SB was on a 14 and I didn't have prolonged redness (maybe 1 day). I'm hoping that my skin's reaction to the same setting at my 2nd SB will be consistent with my 1st SB experience. So your swelling went down after about 2 days?

I was able to change my SB appmt from next Tuesday to Friday (11/14) so that I could hopefully have a smoother complexion (from the swelling) when I meet my boyfriend's kids on the weekend. But I don't want red circles either. If it happens, maybe they could be concealed with makeup. I realize that the next time his kids see me, I won't have the benefit of the swelling. I'm not trying to fake them out, just trying to take the edge off the first impression. And hopefully the benefits of SB will start kicking in soon. TryingtoImprove, your post is so encouraging. Yayy for you!!

It'll be 9 weeks between my 1st and 2nd SB. A little longer than I intended. I'm still working on getting decent photos to post that are comparable to my before pictures.

Take Care,

Charlotte

So, does SB actually get rid of acne, or does it just get rid of scarring. And how does it compare to Accutane?

I really don't want to go on accutane because my skin is prone to scarring and I'd rather not get any new scars.

My skin looks similar to Charlottes, maybe a little worse? It's kind of a mix of scars and bumps, I don't suppose that SB would get rid of the bumps would it?

Guest ObiWontonKenoli

Charlotte-

No I didn't have any red marks, NOTHING from my 1st treatment. This setting is apparently (14) the 'effective' point for me. If you want to play it safe, Don't have the smoothbeam before meeting your bf's kids. The swelling was not too bad. It was actually good, cause for once I was able to see all my scars went away for one day (they're all back now though sad.gif )

If you can wear make up, yeah- I think you can conceal the redness, but your skin would be still kinda bumpy. It's kinda when you smack your hand really hard with one finger and leaves a bumpy red mark. That kinda bump I'm talking about.

So, does SB actually get rid of acne, or does it just get rid of scarring.  And how does it compare to Accutane?

I really don't want to go on accutane because my skin is prone to scarring and I'd rather not get any new scars.

My skin looks similar to Charlottes, maybe a little worse?  It's kind of a mix of scars and bumps, I don't suppose that SB would get rid of the bumps would it?

YEAH! I FINALLY HAD MY FIRST SB TREATMENT YESTERDAY. THE GIRL DID A FEW TEST SPOTS AND THEN DID MY TREATMENT ON 11. I ONLY HAD A TINY BIT OF REDNESS. NO SWELLING, NO RED CIRCLES, NO BLISTERS, NOTHING! I'M GOING TO ASK THEM TO REALLY KICK IT UP NEXT TIME. OH MY GOD DID IT HURT THOUGH.

I HAD OVER 300 HUNDRED PULSES DONE. SHE WOULDN'T DO MY FOREHEAD BECAUSE IT WAS TURNING PURPLE. I ALSO SUFFER WITH THE AFFLICTION OF MIGRAINES TOO, AND I WEAR AN ICEPACK ON MY HEAD. SO MY FOREHEAD WAS A LITTLE CHAPPED. IT HURT SO BAD WHEN SHE ZAPPED MY FOREHEAD I COULD HARDLY STAND IT. THEY MADE THEIR OWN CREAM THERE THAT THEY SAID WAS BETTER THAN ELA-MAX AND THEY GAVE ME AN EXTRA STRENGTH VICADON PILL. THEY DID NOT CHARGE ME FOR THE NUMBING CREAM.

ALTHOUGH, I'M A LITTLE DISAPPOINTED WITH MY FIRST TREATMENT SETTING BEING ONLY ON 11, I'M ALSO REALLY HAPPY THAT I'VE STARTED THE PROCESS OF DOING SOMETHING ABOUT SOMETHING THAT REALLY BOTHERS ME.

MY TREATMENT PLAN WILL BE: 1st. SB TREATMENT WAIT 30 DAYS AND THEN TCA CROSS %100 TREATMENT, THEN WAIT ANOTHER MONTH AND DO SB AGAIN. I'M PLANNING ON HAVING 8 SB TREATMENTS AND FOUR TO SIX TCA CROSS TREATMENTS. SO EVERY 60 DAYS A SB TREATMENT.

FROMCHICAGO HI, THANKS FOR THE INFO ON HOW TO POST MY BEFORE PICS. I SORTA CHICKEND OUT, EVEN THOUGH I CROPPED THE PICS WHERE IT'S JUST CLOSE UPS OF MY CHEEKS. I HAVE A REALLY GOOD CAMERA AND TOOK THEM IN REALLY GOOD LIGHTING. CLOSE UP LIKE THAT THEY'RE JUST GROSS.

OBI HI, PLEASE LET ME KNOW HOW TO APPLY THE ADDITIONAL ELA-MAX!

THANKS SKINNY

Guest ObiWontonKenoli

Wow 8 Smoothbeams?

I responded to your question in the pricing thread. basically just wear it an hour before your session. Use it like you would use sunscreen except just slightly thicker.

I think the "half moon dark marks" the coloradogirl referred to were actually light scabs from small blisters. I got those with my first treatment. They went away in around 4 to 5 days. They also suggested hydrocortisone to help with the itching. These light scabs left no marks whatsoever. It really kinda freaked me out too at first but after a few days (4-5) they were gone.

Well, I wasn't really going to determine a percentage of improvement from my Smoothbeam treatments until I finshed all 6 series. But today I feel like I sharing.

Today I had an appointment with my regular Aesthetician (not the same one who performs Smoothbeam) for a microdermabrasion treatment. I have them every few months. Not really for my acne scarring but to even out my skin tone, tighten pores, and slough off dead skin.

Anyways, when I arrived today, the secretary whom I've known ever since I've gone there asked my Aesthetician if I had some ablative skin procedures done on my face because my skin looked very nice and had significantly improved. She said no, but that I had been getting Smoothbeam treatments done. So, she (the secretary) walks out into the waiting room (where I was sitting) and starts complimenting my skin. Telling me out of the two years I've been going there that she's finally noticed how much my skin has improved and she is impressed with the results the Smoothbeam has given me. Out of all the years I've gone there, she has never complimented me on my skin, until now. I'm sure getting peels and microdermabrasion treatments weren't doing enough, but people sure have noticed a difference in my skin with Smoothbeam.

Well, today I feel a bit more confident that Smoothbeam has made a difference in my skin. I wasn't really too sure because we are our own worst critiques. But man, does it ever sure feel good to actually know that others are noticing improvements.