Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
fromchicago

My Smoothbeam Treatments!

In my opinion, Needling and SB are on the same premise. The both cause dermal injury to regrow collagen. The benefit of SB is that it doesn't damage the upper layer what-so-ever. Needling can cause "scabbing."

If I were you Obi, I would SB first, and then needle where need be, because there is *some risk with needling.

I recommend Needling to YLEM in conjunction w/ SB because it'll speed up his results, and because of his scarring severity. Needling will break up the scar tissue.

BTW, you might need to explain the procedure to the tatoo artist -- because it isn't too common.

All in all, smoothbeam and needling ARE VERY SIMALER (imo).

fromchicago- while you look like a cool guy your pic doesn't show your scarring at all! can you post one that does? I'm just really curious to see how smoothbeam has helped you since you are such an advocate. can you be the poster boy? biggrin.gif

I would like to -- but I'm having trouble picking up the scars with my digital camera. It always comes back digitalized on the web. I'm going to keep retrying to see if I can get it "more clear."

Sorry.

Also, I'm not an advocate yet, just "satisfied." I want to see what the next couple months bring... (before I decide for sure)

It seems the best way to photograph facial scars would be from a strong light source coming at a hard angle to the scar as to cast a shadow into the depression thus defining the depth of the imperfection. how about shining a flashlight up at your face like your telling a ghost story around a campfire? :-k

Okay, Let me try again. I'll see if I can pick up this "longer scar" along the bottom of my jar. Don't get upset with me though -- I'll continue to try for better angles.

user posted image

Sorry -- Apparently I couldn't master that "campfire" reconstuction. I tried to use the flash to cast a shadow on my lower jaw, but it didn't. I'll try in soon with daylight from a window w/o a flash.

I know. Smoothbeam does a great job w/ the visability of scars. They are still there, they just fill up to a point where only the outline is 'possible' to make out given the 'right' angle.

LOL. All the effort poor Chicago is putting in to show a scar when in reality we're all trying so desparately to hide them.

Chicago,

I think you need a lighter room to show the scars. The dark/light contrast doesn't work well with scars. I noticed that I like looking in the mirror in my room at night as opposed to daytime because the contrast somehow hides them. Try taking a picture outside during the day - maybe that'll work. Where are most of your scars located?

Do most places charge extra for the numbing cream btw? or do some places include it within the price?

Funny thought rusty. I'll try that better or less contrast idea -- altought that is about the opposite of the campsite scenario that sopwidth recommended.

Most places charge seperately (I think), although some packages include everything.

Will, what would you know about woodstock -- anyway that was one of the worst Grateful DEAD sets ever! Hey don't you live in Austrailia - go catch a croc, Dundee. biggrin.gif

My face I think is beginning to look better. I think smoothbeam is a good thing and dont feel I wasted money doing it. It will be awhile before my next treatment since I have alot going on right now. My vbeam treated area seems to be getting better by the day although it is still very pink even after 7 days now. Although I'm very tired today my skin still looks pretty good. More taught and smalll scars and fine lines look hardly noticeable. Hopefully the vbeam pinkness will heal completely within the next week.

I just got home from my smoothbeam consultation. I will be getting both smoothbeam and TCA CROSS done at the same time. I have some box car type scarring and some ice pick the ice pick will be treated with the TCA CROSS treatment. He will be charging me 200 for the smoothbeam...he wanted to start me off with a setting of 8 can you believe it? I told him all about this message board and about the high settings everyone here is getting...I told him I wanted to start at a higher setting he decided to start me off on 12 which I was still not happy with I wanted to start on 13 but it's a safe decent number I will do the next one on 13 and then another on 14. I really hope I can get the kind of results that everyone in here has been getting. I will just have to be patient and see how it goes. I'm just so happy that I found a doctor who can also do the TCA CROSS treatment. He seemed very knowledgeable about it ....(not to sound racist or anything at all) he happens to be Korean which is where thje TCA CROSS method originated years ago so maybe that is why he knows a lot about it I felt very comfortable with him.So just thought I'd let you know that I have also joined the "smoothbeam team"..LOL.

-not2bad

Woodstock 95 was a disaster, lots of riots, people were burning and looting because the promoter charged too much for the tickets and $4 for a small bottled water.
Guest ObiWontonKenoli

NO I didn't go- Rock music is too loud for me he.he...I'm a bit mellow when it comes to music. Nothing too loud please (except in clubs or jazz live shows).

"We are the smoothbeam team" Oh my goodness- I'm hearing this poppy upbeat "smoothbeam-theme" music in the background...that's pretty messed up smile.gif

what are you suppose to expect from 1st sb treatment. I got mines 2 days ago and my overall skin texture is smoother but is that it? Any feed backs plz. I'm anxious

I think after the first treatment, the skin does get a bit less oily and then you'll start noticing it getting firmer after a few weeks. I'm just a week into my second treatment so I'm still looking for more results. I think that small scars are already beginning to appear smaller I must say.