Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Duracella

Burning skin after showering

Hullo everyone :) I've been on the regimen for about 3 1/2 weeks now and I've seen some improvement but not much. And my skin is as dry as paper. I have ways to get around that, though, but my problem is that no matter how thoroughly I cleanse my skin before showering it seems that some of the BP clings to my skin and really upsets the areas in my face where I don't apply BP. This is particularly evident around my eyes. Plus, it stings and burns and makes me look like a tomato. :redface: I find that applying some Jojoba oil (or any oil, but since Jojoba is v. light I like that one the best on my face) before I shower keeps the BP in place, calms the skin and doesn't rinse off. I was wondering, though, have any of you found a way around this problem different from mine? I'd appreciate hearing it! Btw, I never rinse my face directly while I shower. It just tends to spread and rinse off anyway.

Well you're washing your face and applying BP prior to showering? Correct?

I think you should cleanse (wash) your face while in the shower. Most likely AFTER you have washed & conditioned your hair.. so do it last. I suggest you wash off with slightly cooler water than what you shower in, because it will most likely be too hot.

What i do is turn off the hot water, and quickly splash my face with cold water just as it is refreshing and apparently closes the pores?

leave cleansing to the last thing you do in the shower

- use warm water only

- use a liquid cleanser if dryness is a problem

- be heaps gentle when u apply

- dont put ur face directly under the showerhead to rinse off, gently splash warm water over ur face before cleansing and after when ur rinseing it off

- PAT dry when u get out of the shower

- wait 5-15 minutes before applying BP

- dont apply the BP anywhere near your eyes and be extra gentle when applying

- if ur 3 weeks in u should be using a bit more than half a finger of bp

Make sure to keep all BP products away from your eyes. I recommend getting a good eye moisturizer and applying it BEFORE you apply BP to your face. The eye are is very sensitive.