Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
h0ppy

Coke vs. Water

Coke vs. Water

WATER

1. 75% of Americans are chronically dehydrated.

2. In 37% of Americans, the thirst mechanism is so weak that it is often mistaken for hunger.

3. Even MILD dehydration will slow down one's metabolism as much as 3%.

4. One glass of water will shut down midnight hunger pangs for almost 100% of the dieters studied in a University of Washington study.

5. Lack of water, the 1st trigger of daytime fatigue.

6. Preliminary research indicates that 8-10 glasses of water a day could significantly ease back and joint pain for up to 80% of sufferers.

7. A mere 2% drop in body water can trigger fuzzy short-term memory, trouble with basic math, and difficulty focusing on the computer screen or on a printed page.

8. Drinking 5 glasses of water daily decreases the risk of colon cancer by 45%, plus it can slash the risk of Breast Cancer by 79%, and one is 50% less likely to develop bladder cancer.

And now for the properties of COKE

1. In many states (in the USA) the highway patrol carries two gallons of coke in the truck to remove blood from the highway after a car accident.

2. To clean a toilet: Pour a can of Coca-Cola into the toilet bowl and let the "real thing" sit for one hour, then flush clean. The citric acid in Coke removes stains from vitreous China.

3. To remove rust spots from chrome car bumpers: Rub the bumper with a rumpled-up piece of Reynolds Wrap aluminum foil dipped in Coca-Cola

4. To clean corrosion from car battery terminals: Pour a can of Coca-Cola over the terminals to bubble away the corrosion.

5. To loosen a rusted bolt: Applying a cloth soaked in Coca-Cola to the rusted bolt for several minutes.

6. To bake a moist ham: Empty a can of Coca-Cola into the baking pan, wrap the ham in aluminum foil, and bake. Thirty minutes before the ham is finished, remove the foil, allowing the drippings to mix with the Coke for a sumptuous brown gravy.

7. To remove grease from clothes: Empty a can of coke into a load of greasy clothes, add detergent, and run through a regular cycle. The Coca-Cola will help loosen grease stains. It will also clean road haze from your windshield.

For Your Info:

1. The active ingredient in Coke is phosphoric acid. Its pH is 2.8. In high concentrations, it will dissolve a nail in about 4 days. Phosphoric acid also leaches calcium from bones and is a major contributor to the rising increase in osteoporosis.

2. To carry Coca-Cola syrup (the concentrate), the commercial truck must use the Hazardous Material place cards reserved for highly corrosive materials.

3. The distributors of coke have been using it to clean the engines of their trucks for about 20 years!

http://curezone.com/forums/m.asp?f=237&i=3488

97% of statistics are made up on the spot.

Regardless, water is much better for you than any soda, any layman would know this. However, soda isn't terrible for you, unless you drink it like a fish, much like alcohol.

Here's a random fact: American sodas are made with corn syrup, because it is much more readily available and cheaper to use than pure cane sugar. That is why soda is so inexpensive. In foreign countries like Jamaica and Mexico where pure cane sugar is less expensive, Pepsi and Coke are made with pure cane sugar, which not only tastes much better, but is actually healthier than soda produced with corn syrup.

Try a soda if you ever get a chance to travel abroad, you will be surprised how much better it tastes versus American soda.

http://www.snopes.com/cokelore/acid.asp

Claim: The acids in Coca-Cola make it harmful to drink.

Origins: Many of the entries above are just simple household tips involving Coca-Cola, as provided by Joey Green in his 1995 book Polish Your Furniture with Panty Hose and on his web site. That you can cook and clean with Coke is relatively meaningless from a safety standpoint  you can use a wide array of common household substances (including water) for the same purposes; that fact alone doesn't necessarily make them dangerous to ingest. Nearly all carbonated soft drinks contain carbonic acid, which is moderately useful for tasks such as removing stains and dissolving rust deposits (although plain soda water is much better for some of these purposes than Coca-Cola or other soft drinks, as it doesn't leave a sticky sugar residue behind). Carbonic acid is relatively weak, however, and people have been drinking carbonated water for many years with no detrimental effects.

The rest of the claims offered here are specious. Coca-Cola does contain small amounts of citric acid and phosphoric acid; however, all the insinuations about the dangers these acids might pose to people who drink Coca-Cola ignore a simple concept familiar to any first-year chemistry student: concentration. Coca-Cola contains less citric acid than orange juice does, and the concentration of phosphoric acid in Coke is far too small (a mere 11 to 13 grams per gallon of syrup, or about 0.20 to 0.30 per cent of the total formula) to dissolve a steak, a tooth, or a nail overnight. (Much of the item will dissolve eventually, but after a day or two you'll still have most of the tooth, a whole nail, and one very soggy t-bone.)

Besides, the gastric acid in your stomach is much stronger than any of the acids in Coca-Cola, so the Coca-Cola is harmless.

The next time you're stopped by a highway patrolman, try asking him if he's ever scrubbed blood stains off a highway with Coca-Cola (or anything else). If you're lucky, by the time he stops laughing he'll have forgotten about the citation he was going to give you.

Last updated: 29 March 2004

Divide your weight (in pounds) in half and that's the number of ounces you should drink in water. RANDOM FACT! :D:dance:

soda is disgusting. blehk. taste AND disadvantages, aaalllll disgusting. Fast food is even WORSE! the worst combination of food you can put in your body (french fries and soda), and like every american eats it on a daily basis, ya fatties.

i realize i exaggerate things

2. In 37% of Americans, the thirst mechanism is so weak that it is often mistaken for hunger.

That's true. I was wondering, does anyone know why or what it means when someone is not very thirsty?

I imagine they are no less dehydrated, and so I am trying to understand.

Thank you for posting - it was interesting. :angel:

apparently by the time you feel thirsty you're already dehydrated. so you should just try to drink water all the time [carry around a big bottle, you'll want to drink it to make it lighter!], whenever you think of it.

apparently by the time you feel thirsty you're already dehydrated. so you should just try to drink water all the time [carry around a big bottle, you'll want to drink it to make it lighter!], whenever you think of it.

Yes, I did hear that also - thank you.

It's strange because sometimes I can go quite a while without feeling any thirst at all, and sometimes I am much more thirsty. I keep trying to drink more water, but it has been a challenge for me, especially when I'm not thirsty.

Mythbusters did a thing on phosphoric acid and most of the myths were busted, as in they didn't work. For some experiments, it wasn't even the phosphoric acid that was the efective ingredient. The phosphoric acid on coke is not as bad for your teeth as the sugar(Of in the case of the states, the corn syrup). In fact, many drinks such as lemon and water, or the ACV drink have a lower PH.

That being said, Coke isn't great, it is just sugar and water, a lot of sugar. If they made a coke with xylitol, I would probably drink it a lot more. Although Safeway makes a great organic root beer that uses evaporated cane juice, licorice, sasparilla, water, and vitamin C(Only ingredients). There are a few other flavours but this is way less syrupy or sugary than normal sodas but tastes phenomenal(And is cheap too). I don't know how evaporated cane juice compares to ordinary cane sugar but I remeber sweetjade or someone providing links that show it was much better on the body.

Coke vs. Water

WATER

1. 75% of Americans are chronically dehydrated.

3. Even MILD dehydration will slow down one's metabolism as much as 3%.

4. One glass of water will shut down midnight hunger pangs for almost 100% of the dieters studied in a University of Washington study.

5. Lack of water, the 1st trigger of daytime fatigue.

6. Preliminary research indicates that 8-10 glasses of water a day could significantly ease back and joint pain for up to 80% of sufferers.

7. A mere 2% drop in body water can trigger fuzzy short-term memory, trouble with basic math, and difficulty focusing on the computer screen or on a printed page.

8. Drinking 5 glasses of water daily decreases the risk of colon cancer by 45%, plus it can slash the risk of Breast Cancer by 79%, and one is 50% less likely to develop bladder cancer.

1. In many states (in the USA) the highway patrol carries two gallons of coke in the truck to remove blood from the highway after a car accident.

2. To clean a toilet: Pour a can of Coca-Cola into the toilet bowl and let the "real thing" sit for one hour, then flush clean. The citric acid in Coke removes stains from vitreous China.

3. To remove rust spots from chrome car bumpers: Rub the bumper with a rumpled-up piece of Reynolds Wrap aluminum foil dipped in Coca-Cola

4. To clean corrosion from car battery terminals: Pour a can of Coca-Cola over the terminals to bubble away the corrosion.

5. To loosen a rusted bolt: Applying a cloth soaked in Coca-Cola to the rusted bolt for several minutes.

6. To bake a moist ham: Empty a can of Coca-Cola into the baking pan, wrap the ham in aluminum foil, and bake. Thirty minutes before the ham is finished, remove the foil, allowing the drippings to mix with the Coke for a sumptuous brown gravy.

7. To remove grease from clothes: Empty a can of coke into a load of greasy clothes, add detergent, and run through a regular cycle. The Coca-Cola will help loosen grease stains. It will also clean road haze from your windshield.

For Your Info:

1. The active ingredient in Coke is phosphoric acid. Its pH is 2.8. In high concentrations, it will dissolve a nail in about 4 days. Phosphoric acid also leaches calcium from bones and is a major contributor to the rising increase in osteoporosis.

2. To carry Coca-Cola syrup (the concentrate), the commercial truck must use the Hazardous Material place cards reserved for highly corrosive materials.

3. The distributors of coke have been using it to clean the engines of their trucks for about 20 years!

i knew there woz a reason 2 avoid that crap. Alot of suckers r buying that 'new' coke Zero..all u coke fans wots the dif? read the ingredients its exactly the same as diet LOL just another marketing strategy

argh coke, when i had chicken lodged in my throat (started laughing while stuffing my face -_- ) i had to go to hospital ( couldn’t swallow anything even water, could breath fine) they got me to try and hold the coke in my throat as long as i could because it would eat away the chicken therefore it goes down my throat.. didn’t end up working and had to have a operation BUT STILL!

The PH of your stomach acid and that your digestive enzymes (in your stomach) work best at is 2. I'm willing to bet that it would do a lot of these things, and it's not going to dissolve anyone's stomach. You have protective mucous linings to prevent your stomach from being eaten by the enzymes and acids inside it.

Divide your weight (in pounds) in half and that's the number of ounces you should drink in water. RANDOM

What the?! I should drink 1072 oz of water per day. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

97% of statistics are made up on the spot.

:lol2: , contradictory?

HIGH

FRUCTOSE

CORN

SYRUP

It's shitty. Avoid drinking/eating anything that contains it.

now for the real topic: coke vs. pot :wacko:

Divide your weight (in pounds) in half and that's the number of ounces you should drink in water. RANDOM

What the?! I should drink 1072 oz of water per day. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

...what?

im lost lol. youve lost me

my weight = 125 lbs

125 / 2 = 62.5

i should drink 62.5oz of water

where the hell did the 1072 figure come from?! XD