Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
thomasknowles

18 years old with sundamage skin

Hi everyone my name is thomas and I am 18 years old nearly 19. For some reason I have really bad sundamage skin it is a complete mess I light skin have blue eyes so I know I am one of the people where skin damage is high.

The hard thing for me I would be good looking if it were'nt for my skin my because it looks so crap it look so ugly. So is there anything I can get done to get rid of it and get back healthly skin. It is getting really hard now because I have try for nearly a year now to get my skin clear and nothing is working and I not sure if I can live like this at the moment I just don't want to do anything if life with my face looking like this.

Guest Grow_To_Overthrow

IPL, even PDT with Levulan can help. Peels. Some laser.

Whats exactly the problem and damages it? is it your skins scabby, pale and damages in the sun what exactly. theres 4 types of skin the first type is you pritty much just burn in the sun you cant to uv treatment or anything probly a spray on tan if your after a healthy look. I know laser shit helped my mate with bad skin..

Guest Grow_To_Overthrow

When a few people in here make thier posts legible, i will consider trying to answer some questions.

When a few people in here make thier posts legible, i will consider trying to answer some questions.

why even bother saying that...

i would see my gp if its abnormal and especially because you didn’t used to have it

Guest Grow_To_Overthrow

Whats exactly the problem and damages it? is it your skins scabby, pale and damages in the sun what exactly. theres 4 types of skin the first type is you pritty much just burn in the sun you cant to uv treatment or anything probly a spray on tan if your after a healthy look. I know laser shit helped my mate with bad skin..

Your quoted post is the reason, *edited by moderator*

GTO: Do not post such abusive posts, consider this a warning...

Hi everyone my name is thomas and I am 18 years old nearly 19. For some reason I have really bad sundamage skin it is a complete mess I light skin have blue eyes so I know I am one of the people where skin damage is high.

The hard thing for me I would be good looking if it were'nt for my skin my because it looks so crap it look so ugly. So is there anything I can get done to get rid of it and get back healthly skin. It is getting really hard now because I have try for nearly a year now to get my skin clear and nothing is working and I not sure if I can live like this at the moment I just don't want to do anything if life with my face looking like this.

I know dermabrasions are used to treat sun damage. Might want to read up on that. & also, Dr. Yarborough (Dr. Y) is very well known and good at dermabrasions, so you might want to do a search of the acne scar forum for him too. He operates in New Orleans.

I would try to stay away from lasers if I were you. I have heard some not so good things about those and they don't work nearly as well as a dermabrasion.

how could your skin be that damaged at 18? did you tan every day or sumthing.. and if your skin was that sun damaged you would probably have a lot of wrinkles too which you probably dont.

Idebenol has been working great on my skin that has brown spots, it's even clearing my skin up. It's expensive as hell, but way worth it. I started out using strivectin but that stuff broke me out, I have been using idebenol for like 3 weeks now and have seen nothing but positive changes in my skin- overall texture, tone, blotchyness, acne. you can look at skinstore.com (i think that is the website, it might be dermstore.com) but people review this product, and they all have good things to say. http://www.medi-spastore.com/sovage.htm#

Idebenol has been working great on my skin that has brown spots, it's even clearing my skin up. It's expensive as hell, but way worth it. I started out using strivectin but that stuff broke me out, I have been using idebenol for like 3 weeks now and have seen nothing but positive changes in my skin- overall texture, tone, blotchyness, acne. you can look at skinstore.com (i think that is the website, it might be dermstore.com) but people review this product, and they all have good things to say. http://www.medi-spastore.com/sovage.htm#

Guest Grow_To_Overthrow

GTO: Do not post such abusive posts, consider this a warning...

Which moderator edited that? This is a joke, seriously. That's so ridiculous. If it weren't true, i'd accept the 'warning', but seriously.

For the love of God, don't do dermabrasion for sundamaged skin! Plenty of other things improve it just as well if not bettr: microderm, peels, retin-a, etc.

Well he does have fair skin and blue eyes, a good canidate for dermabrasion.

Your quoted post is the reason, *edited by moderator*GTO: Do not post such abusive posts, consider this a warning...

Which moderator edited that? This is a joke, seriously. That's so ridiculous. If it weren't true, i'd accept the 'warning', but seriously.

*Raises hand* I did.

You were very rude. This is a help forum and some people aren't as gramatically savvy as you are; either way, it was rude and insulting. If you don't like someone's grammar, keep it to yourself from now on - this isn't the lounge.

For the love of God, don't do dermabrasion for sundamaged skin! Plenty of other things improve it just as well if not bettr: microderm, peels, retin-a, etc.

Well he does have fair skin and blue eyes, a good canidate for dermabrasion.

Yes, you are right, but the risks and expense and downtime associated with dermabrasion is overkill in this situation. He could easily see his photodamage erased by less invasive measures. Both retin-a and microdermabrasion got rid of mine with no risk whatsoever.

why even bother saying that...

i would see my gp if its abnormal and especially because you didn’t used to have it

The edited part was the very rude part. To paraphrase this sums up what you said: you're stupid.