Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
natali21

Acne scarring

here is a pic of my scars on one side of my cheek. I think theyre rolling and maybe some boxcar. Anyway, if anyone has any info or suggestions on what procedure would be best for this and what type of scarring this is let me know. I just cut this off of a pic i found on the comp of myself. The picture was taken from underneath me.

post-35473-1137906479_thumb.jpg

post-35473-1137906479_thumb.jpg

Hard to tell, but it looks to be mostly rolling scars. Subcision should work and there is also a thread on Fraxel.

Guest seanna

Id say you have rolling and box scars, its always hard to see in a photo, anyway......please please look into isolagen, have a chat with a dr. that isolagen direct you to......i think they will work well for you. there are so may things you can do but its best to do them in the correct order so not to spend more than needed. iv started a topic on the message board on isolagen, it was the best treatment i have had so far and its quick, have a read about it, People from the USA have been telling me that trails are still being made on it and so its not yet available.

Id say you have rolling and box scars, its always hard to see in a photo, anyway......please please look into isolagen, have a chat with a dr. that isolagen direct you to......i think they will work well for you. there are so may things you can do but its best to do them in the correct order so not to spend more than needed. iv started a topic on the message board on isolagen, it was the best treatment i have had so far and its quick, have a read about it, People from the USA have been telling me that trails are still being made on it and so its not yet available.

i think i have read that post, but i am in the US and its not available here yet, i think u said it was available in the UK.

hey guys, i had an appt with the dermatologic surgeon and indeed they are rolling scars. For some reason he said the term box scars is mis-used. Any way im scheduled for my first fraxel on feb 10th so hopefully everything goes well.

hi im pretty sure they are rolling scars and .. you should try subcision .. then about 6months later do fraxel treatments at least 5 times ..

hi im pretty sure they are rolling scars and .. you should try subcision .. then about 6months later do fraxel treatments at least 5 times ..

i asked my doc about subcision first and he said i didnt need that, that people with ice pick type scarring need that. He said to just do the fraxel.

Does this doctor offer subcision at all? I think he might be telling you some BS because subcision is supposed to work best for rolling scars and really not at all for ice picks. The fraxel might work but like I said he might be trying to just lean you towards treatments that he is able to offer.

Does this doctor offer subcision at all? I think he might be telling you some BS because subcision is supposed to work best for rolling scars and really not at all for ice picks. The fraxel might work but like I said he might be trying to just lean you towards treatments that he is able to offer.

i mean its possible but i checked out all the backround info on this guy and all his credentials and everything looks good. He works in a very nice office in a very high end place, and im pretty sure he doesnt need the money bc they do those procedures all day. But i did see the befores and afters and they are pretty dramatic. I dont think he does subcision, i think that mostly general plastic surgeons do that? Or maybe not, but this is a dermatology cosmetic enhancement place.

Have you had anything done before, or are you speaking from what you have heard?

I am speaking from most all the reading I have done on this board and from many other informative sites. Just the consensus I have seen on subcision. Are the before and after pictures actually his patients or are they from the fraxel website?

They do those procedures all day cause they sell, you, the patients on to it. Good luck with it but you can probably ask almost anyone on this board and they will agree subcision doesn't work on icepicks and is more suitable on rolling scars. If he is telling you the opposite he either doesn't understand subcision or is just selling you on his available treatments.

Trust me there are many people in here who have gone to plush "well off" doctors' offices and spent money on treatments that did nothing for them or damaged them further. I am just glad he is recommending fraxel since it seems like (again consensus) it doesn't do much damage. I am just dissappointed/leery that the doctor would just flat out say something like that to discredit subcision.

I am speaking from most all the reading I have done on this board and from many other informative sites. Just the consensus I have seen on subcision. Are the before and after pictures actually his patients or are they from the fraxel website?

They do those procedures all day cause they sell, you, the patients on to it. Good luck with it but you can probably ask almost anyone on this board and they will agree subcision doesn't work on icepicks and is more suitable on rolling scars. If he is telling you the opposite he either doesn't understand subcision or is just selling you on his available treatments.

he said that my scarring was not deep enough for subcision

also, i said, "should i do something like subcision first, and then fraxel?" I didnt say instead of fraxel, so its not like he would lose money off of that.

It might be true your scarring isn't deep enough for subcisions but to say that it works only for icepicks and not rolling scars is still 'wrong' The fraxel might be your best bet. Let us know how it goes. By the way how much is he charging?

It might be true your scarring isn't deep enough for subcisions but to say that it works only for icepicks and not rolling scars is still 'wrong' The fraxel might be your best bet. Let us know how it goes. By the way how much is he charging?

5000 for a package of 5 .... which is the typical price i think.

are you planning on getting anything done, if so what? what type of scarring do u have?