Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
maddison_gummy

feeling tired all the time

hey yall, i know this isnt really a place to complain about fatigue but this is the only board i know and really like. Im 15 and my name is maddison, i get tired constantly and i dont know why, i just don't have any more energy or excitement in life, i don't enjoy the things i do anymore and i used to be a nice girl, hyped up kinda with lots of fun in her life.. and now i just don't know what the helll is happening to me. Im tired, im sad, moody, irritated, and all this crap. Ive been loosing my appetite as well, i only eat things that will appeal to my sense. Ive been loosing weight as well.. When you get tired, what do you do..??

Hey Maddison, I'm sorry you're feeling so bad all the time.

How long have you felt like this? Have you tried supplenets such as Ginseng?

I think it's important for you to visit your GP and find out what's causing the fatigue.

How much sleep do you get? do you take regular exercise?

One of the big side effects of Candida overgroth is fatigue, something I suffered with for years, I've been taking anti Candida supplements for a few weeks and my fatigue is fading and my skin has cleared up.

Definately go visit your GP.

hey yall, i know this isnt really a place to complain about fatigue but this is the only board i know and really like. Im 15 and my name is maddison, i get tired constantly and i dont know why, i just don't have any more energy or excitement in life, i don't enjoy the things i do anymore and i used to be a nice girl, hyped up kinda with lots of fun in her life.. and now i just don't know what the helll is happening to me. Im tired, im sad, moody, irritated, and all this crap. Ive been loosing my appetite as well, i only eat things that will appeal to my sense. Ive been loosing weight as well.. When you get tired, what do you do..??

It may just be a bit of depression lowering your blood pressure: try a little more salt, water and exercise. If that dosen't work, see a doctor definitely.

Chronic fatigue isn't actually real it's something that is made up. If you feel unmotivated and tired all the time then it's usually down to a bad routine. Make sure you go to bed and wake up and set times everyday, try brushing your teeth or doing something before bedtime each night. Eventually your body will pick up that doing said task means going to sleep shortly after.

Start doing more routine stuff and you'll feel fine again in a few weeks.

I agree that diet & nutrition and getting enough sleep are the first line of defense. If that doesn't do it for you, see your doctor ... and while you're there, get your thyroid checked out.

Q

To me it sounds like depression. You should speak to your doctor, parents, and/or friends about it. Like Queen says, it might be your thyroid because a problematic thyroid will lead to symptoms of depression, which is why doctors always test it before prescribing any antidepressants.

Since your 15, antidepressants probably arent a good idea, but I'm no doctor.

Good nutrition and supplements should help, and excercise is always good for combatting fatigue AND depression. Of course, its hard as hell to actually start exercising when your tired and bummed out!!!!

So, good luck and I really would talk to someone you trust about it.

I was depressed at hell at 15 but I can definitly say that if you address it quickly, it will in fact get better :)

When you get tired, what do you do..??

I'm a workaholic, so I "run out of steam" very often, even when I sleep well during the night.

option 1: take a short nap

option 2: if you have no time, take a "powernap." lay, or sit absolutely still, with your eyes closed, for 10 minutes or so. Try to relax completely. You'll be re-energized.

option 3: drink coffee (or tea)

option 4: if the above doesn't work, then maybe your life sucks, and you need to find some stuff to do that's fun. Or maybe you're depressed and you need medication. Be careful though: doctors give medication to anyone. Make sure it's actually depression, and not just boredom.

It sounds like clinical depression to me, considering all the symptoms you listed in addition to fatigue. Unless there are other obvious answers like sleep deprivation or a bad diet that you can fix, I would talk to someone. It sounds like it's mild at this stage but request to talk to a psychiatrist to see if you need to go on medication or counseling. When I was a couple of years younger than you I realized I had clinical depression -- I had educated myself on it and knew my symptoms -- but because of my age, everyone insisted that it was just hormones and I was being melodramatic and reading too much by thinking there was something wrong with me. I got progressively worse over a year and a half but no one ever considered that I needed help until I was in the psych ward for a suicide attempt. You'll probably have people telling you it's just your age and hormones but if this lingers or gets worse, insist that they actually listen to you. I've been off and on antidepressants for 5 years now and, while during times I've been able to go without them fine, they've really been the factor that's made me functional. You don't sound suicidal but don't let it get to that point.

Other than antidepressants, things I've found helpful in dealing with fatigue/bad moods are keeping a healthy diet with plenty of carbs but not too much sugar, fresh fruit, and protein like soy and fish, getting lots of sunlight (not great for your skin but it's an amazing mood booster so just wear SPF), and doing cardio exercise several times per week.

Regarding depression, where did you catch it? and where do you keep it? depression isn't a 'thing', depression doesn't really exist, it's merely a whole load of negative thought patterns, if you think about bad shit all the time, then you're going to feel bad.

The best cure is to make an active effort to change your thoughts, thinking about things that make you happy rather than crap that makes you feel bad all the time i.e your skin!

Some people think about bad shit so often that it becomes their natural thinking pattern and they forget how to feel good and thus the word depression is used, but you don't actually have anything other than a seriously un resourceful thinking pattern.

Simple test, Imagine doing something you love, imagine as vividly as you can, and tell me how you feel?

Now imagine the worst thing you can possibly imagine, how do you feel now?

Your are not only what you eat, but also what you think.

Guest funkychicken
:rolleyes: didn't know Tom Cruise had joined the board

I agree that much of depression is exacerbated by negative thought patterns. But its totally inaccurate to say that depression 'does not exist'. Ask anyone who has suffered from it, and they'll tell you the exact opposite.

Depression is a legitimate medical condition generally caused by a combination of a chemical imbalance and stressful life situations. Which is why the most effective treatment for clinical depression is both antidepressants and talk therapy, specifically cognitive behavioral therapy which addresses those negative thought patterns.

:rolleyes: didn't know Tom Cruise had joined the board

Agreed. How retarded are some of you people? I know people who are chronically depressed and believe me, it is very real. If you would care to read any scientific text on the matter, even the most inane, simple ones, you would realize that depression is indeed a real imbalance in the brain. In fact, now that you take your stance, why don't you just disregard every phychological problem? Let's just take manic behaviour, schizophrenics, antisocial sufferers, etc... and just list them as somatic disorders becuase they don't really exist right? I realize that many people who think they are depressed don't really have a chemical imbalance but if you want to make gross exaggerations like this, please do us all a favour and don't post here anymore.

Chronic fatigue isn't actually real it's something that is made up. If you feel unmotivated and tired all the time then it's usually down to a bad routine. Make sure you go to bed and wake up and set times everyday, try brushing your teeth or doing something before bedtime each night. Eventually your body will pick up that doing said task means going to sleep shortly after.

Start doing more routine stuff and you'll feel fine again in a few weeks.

Ya chronic fatigue isn't real. :rolleyes:

I suppose those with chronic fatigue syndrome would argue with you but I suppose the CDC and just about every medical body in the world doesn't compare to anonymous internet diagnosis right?

Here are some links for you. The first one is the CDC website and it has a bunch of great links at the bottom.

http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/diseases/cfs/

They have just completed a comprehensive study ending in september that indeed sites CFS as a real and treatable disease. Link is in the CDC page I gave.

The second site I would go to is healthboards. Do a google search on it. Unlike here there is a board for pretty much every condition and if you want to take the advice of people on the interenet, it's best to do it from people that have the same condition and have saught help.

I would scan these sites quickly and then go see a doctor. Most people get worse because they are either afraid of what the doctor will say or they think doctors are quacks or they simply think that they don't have the credentials to diagnose something like this. Don't be one of these people and go see a doctor, especially if it is affecting your life(Which it most definitly is).

Honestly some people amaze me.

Some people have no idea about mental illness.

Limit your magnesium intake and zinc and B6 and you'll be climbing the walls. No amount of talking positively will stop you crashing and burning.

Smoke skunk cannabis with 20% THC from the age of 15 and in your 20's you'll develop schizophrenia with very high probability.

Scientific fact in trials.

Cognitive behaviour therapy and aerobic exercise does work but when the subject is in the deepest pit of despair valium and SSRIs are required to lift that person to a level where they can do CBT and exercise.

Madison Gummy...

You definitely have the symptoms of depression.

Good nutrition and aerobic exercsie (20 minutes running or cycling) will help.

Zinc & magnesium is very good for depression, anxiety and insomnia.

However you really should see a doctor if the symptoms persist.

Chronic fatigue is something that is created via MSI. You are correct that it is treatable and there are numerous ways to treat it, but don't be fooled in thinking that it's actually real. It's a disease that is created within the mind.

If you would like more infomation on the subject then email me [email protected]

They do not know what causes CFS, there are multiple theories going around(None center around it being somatic) and several promising studies being conducted, although I don't have access to the databases anymore. If you knew what caused it, you would be rich and/or relatively famous, at least within the medical community. As it stands now, neither is true. Sorry to be so harsh but you can't chalk this up to purely of the mind.

Of course if you show me comprehensive studies or research done(Links or studies to look up at the university), I'll consider changing my mind. Although, if this was true you would be well known for finding the cause of so many people's suffering(No one is yet).

depression isn't a 'thing', depression doesn't really exist, it's merely a whole load of negative thought patterns, if you think about bad shit all the time, then you're going to feel bad.

The best cure is to make an active effort to change your thoughts, thinking about things that make you happy rather than crap that makes you feel bad all the time i.e your skin!

Some people think about bad shit so often that it becomes their natural thinking pattern and they forget how to feel good and thus the word depression is used, but you don't actually have anything other than a seriously un resourceful thinking pattern.

Depression is _not_ about being "happy" or "sad" per se ... not that simple. I have struggled with episodes of depression throughout my life, and usually (for me) it manifests itself much as maddison gummy described: just feeling overwhelmingly tired, as if everything is a huge effort .... and it's oh, so tempting to just go back to bed and not deal with life.

That being said, I do think it's important to make every effort you can to pull yourself out of a depression, and I guess that's where positive thinking might come in (obviously this does not apply to people who are so severely depressed they simply cannot function). I've found that by making every effort (exercise, diet changes, etc) to feel better, I can put myself on the path to feeling better. But I only have mild depression.

I think dealing with depression is a little like dealing with acne:

-- You know you have a problem, but you don't know exactly what is causing it.

-- If you go to a doctor for help, then you may have to shop around to get someone who'll take the time to listen to you and try to solve your particular problem ... some docs will just fob you off with the latest medications.

-- You just have to keep trying different things until you hit on something that works for you. But it is important to make the effort and not give up.

Q

Chronic fatigue is something that is created via MSI. You are correct that it is treatable and there are numerous ways to treat it, but don't be fooled in thinking that it's actually real. It's a disease that is created within the mind.

If you would like more infomation on the subject then email me [email protected]

Quite frankly that's crap. I know two sufferers who went from being atheletes to being bed bound. There are various reasons and in these atheletes cases it was burn out (aerobic exercise isnt good for CFS) from endorphin addiction hiding in one case life long clinical depression and in the other generalised anxiety disorder that stemmed from a recent traumatic event. Anorexia and other anxiety disorders in my opinion are also endorphin reward based. Depression and anxiety put a huge stress on the body, especially on magnesium, zinc and B vitamins. Persistent adult acne is also a symptom by the way of a poor immune system from stress and anxiety disorders. Both atheletes tried everything, good nutrition, supplementation, sleep, relaxation, cognitive behaviour therapy but just became worse. Only on SSRIs did they both recover. I've recommended St John's Wort, pharmacy grade, to a friend with clinical depression who's done very well on it, without the side effects of SSRIS!

Studies show St John's Wort as being as effective in fact last one showed it was more effective than Prozac!

If you are young and your Doctor recommends Prozac, try St Johns Wort for a few months instead. However Prozac is relatively safe especially for mature adults, my friends did not end up sterile impotent zombies, in fact they made full recoveries!

OK, I've been suffering from fatigue for years. Something that gave me instant energy was liver flushes, but after a while my energy levels went down again. It was like something was dragging me down. I found out through experimentation with various things which can contain mercury (tap water in the uk, and seafood if it comes from contaminated water) that my amalgam/mercury fillings were affecting my body, and thus reducing energy levels.

Im not saying it is amalgam fillings, but if your fatigue coincides with amalgam fillings (which contain mercury), then maybe. This is high contentious subject in the medical profession, and thus you should do a lot of research, if in fact it is this.

Since getting my fillings removed and fighting the candida that often comes with mercury exposure, my energy levels have fluxuated *a lot* but seem, on the whole, to be getting better. Heavy metals, such as mercury, can take a long time leave the body, sometimes years.

My energy levels were so bad I wasn't even going out with my friends any more, and when I did walk to work, it'd always be an effort to put one foot infront of the other.

If you do find out that it's mercury (blood tests, hair test often don't work) then go to a dentist that use the necessary precautions when removing the fillings, as more mercury can be introduced into the system if removed without precaution, which most dentists don't use.

Again, do lots of research. I'm not saying it's definitly this, but it was for me, and it's worth reading things on the internet and correlating when the fatigue started to when and if you recieved your amalgam (often called silver) fillings.

Guest funkychicken

Oh yes, please PM me the details. I've had CFS 15 yrs and would gladly welcome your 'expertise'.

(sarcasm). In return I can send you a bundle of BMJ reports proving you totally wrong.

Blackbirdbeatie is wrong, there is no cure for it. I so wish there was :cry:

Also, why is everyone jumping to conclusions and thinking the original poster has a psychological problem? Person could be anaemic etc. The only way would be to go to your doctor for tests.

Poor nutrition could be the culprit. If you're on an acne diet, it's possible that you're not getting enough calories to support you throughout the day.

Regarding depression, where did you catch it? and where do you keep it? depression isn't a 'thing', depression doesn't really exist, it's merely a whole load of negative thought patterns, if you think about bad shit all the time, then you're going to feel bad.

Where do people catch cancer? Or diabetes? Or schizophrenia? Where do children catch autism and where do they keep it? They must just not be thinking correctly, right? Just because it's not an infectious disease doesn't mean it doesn't exist. It has a physiological cause -- imbalances of seratonin and dopamine in the brain. Yes, thinking negative thoughts will make you depressed. It will not cause clinical depression. You need to learn the difference between the mood and the disease. Clinical depression causes drastic appetite changes, saps your body of all energy, causes various mood symptoms ranging from drastic mood swings to a persistent "down" state to numbness to feeling desperately sad, wrecks your ability to concentrate and can even cause physical pain. If you're a normal person who thinks negative thoughts all the time you may not be the happiest person in the world, but you will probably not exhibit all these symptoms to an extreme degree because your brain chemistry will still work. You are not going to find yourself so overcome with dread that you literally cannot get yourself out of bed or break down crying in the middle of a class for no reason whatsoever unable to control yourself. It creates a downward spiral -- all the negative feelings create negative thoughts, which create more negative feelings. You stop socializing as much because you feel too horrible to do it and never know when you're going to have a breakdown in the middle of a party, and then the isolation makes you feel worse. And if your brain chemistry is that messed up, no amount of picking wildlflowers and thinking happy thoughts is going to make you normal. Yes, there are behavioral issues that make it worse, but they never would have become issues without the disease being the catalyst. And I was never really helped by therapy -- instead, the emotional, mental, and physical boost I got after taking antidepressants took away the reasons for all the negative patterns and I started thinking more positively and acting more socially.

As far as I'm concerned, people who don't have first hand experience with mental illness, either through themselves or a loved one, should not be allowed to make judgements on either depression or antidepressants because in my experience, they rarely have anything constructive to say. If you have dealt with depression and you still think that it doesn't exists or was caused by your negative thoughts, then I would disagree but you have a right to that opinion. If you know what it's like to not be able to function without antidepressants and you still think it's bad to take them, you have a right to that opinion. But if you've never dealt with the disease don't post your dr. phil positive mindset bullshit onto a message board because it's irrelevant.