Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
noheasurfer

Piercings & Accutane

Is it safe to get your naval (bellybutton) pierced while on accutane? I will start taking accutane on January 30th and will get my naval pierced in February and was wondering if it would be safe.. Can someone help me out? Thanks

DON'T DO IT! Accutane really effects the healing process and belly piercings are the slowest to heal. They can take up to a year to heal fully without the accutane. My friend just had her's pierced a few months ago and she's not on any type of drug (good skin) and she's having problems with her's just healing naturally.

I would wait at least six months to a year to have this done. Check with your derm.

Guest Fearless*Bunny

Navel piercings take the longest to heal too. Or at least of the longest. I think they said anywhere from 4 months to a year and that's if you're healing rate is normal. Since tane slows healing it really wouldn't be a good idea to do that till after you finish.

Mine personally took 8 months before it healed.

belly piercings are the slowest to heal.

haha ok so i turned on the tv today and saw some guy getting the part from the bottom of the inside of his mouth to the part in between your neck and your chin. thats like almost an inch of body !! WTF why would anyone do that !!?? so i have to disagree with your slowest to heal thing ;)

oh yea to answer your question. your not supposed to even tan or get a waxing done while on accutane so i would play it safe if i were you and not do it yet.

Guest Fearless*Bunny

belly piercings are the slowest to heal.

haha ok so i turned on the tv today and saw some guy getting the part from the bottom of the inside of his mouth to the part in between your neck and your chin. thats like almost an inch of body !! WTF why would anyone do that !!?? so i have to disagree with your slowest to heal thing ;)

oh yea to answer your question. your not supposed to even tan or get a waxing done while on accutane so i would play it safe if i were you and not do it yet.

It actually depends on the part of your body that is pierced and the gauge of the piercing as to the healing time. Out of the navel, ear lobe, cartiledge, nose, tongue, septum, labret, eyebrow, and nipples (which are the more common ones) all done with the standard gauge, the navel does take the longest to heal.

meh. mine healed in a week and a half from all soreness and tenderness. I suppose it takes 8 months to be complete.

I take mino. and theres no probs there, its not accutane but i also take quite a bit of asprin which they say can be determental. i've had 0 problems.

i think it just depneds on the person. Just be sure to clean it with tea tree oil and put polysporin on it 2 times a day.

my navel was fine from the get-go. they kept telling me it was going to get sore and oozy but it never did.... i was fanatical about the salt water and not letting anythign touch it.

my ears on the other hand......never fucking heal. they still get 'wierd' from time to time and i havent gotten a new one for years. sooo annoying

Guest Fearless*Bunny

It also depends on the person. Some people are faster healers then others. Given the fact that tane comes into the equation I wouldn't risk it.

my navel was fine from the get-go. they kept telling me it was going to get sore and oozy but it never did.... i was fanatical about the salt water and not letting anythign touch it.

my ears on the other hand......never fucking heal. they still get 'wierd' from time to time and i havent gotten a new one for years. sooo annoying

Wait but were you on accutane??

The belly piercing is the longest piercing of all to heal...6months to a year.

The best thing to heal piercings is Sea Salt without iodine. Nothing else would heal the piercing faster. :D

DON'T DO IT! Accutane really effects the healing process and belly piercings are the slowest to heal.

True (well, that and surface-to-surface ones). And most people will reject a naval piercing. If you really want one you should wait until you've been off Accutane for at least six months to give yourself the best chance to heal it.