Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
celebration

CELEBRATION'S SKIN IS GETTING BETTER

Thank you, Sixx, for confirming that for me about MySpace. I just sent my sister-in-law an email about it. I don't want to tread on her mommy toes, but I felt I had to voice my opinion on this one...

i totally agree about the myspace thing. just tonight i saw a young girl on the news who had a myspace, but took it down because someone broke into her house, and she thinks it was someone who found out where she lived from info on her myspace site. scary!

Yeah, I have to really hold back from not picking my face! :doubt:

I swear if Id just LEAVE IT ALONE my face would look 95% better all the time. Have been doing better, however, I only picked once, a mistake of course. But its healing now.

I think we need to put post-its on our mirrors that remind us not to pick! :D

Sorry to hear about your make-up debacle at court...UGH, believe me, Ive been there...in public...no where to crawl into a corner and hide. :ninja:

BUT! glad to hear it was a short jury duty and its OVER!!! back to being in your safe place well, at least until Jazzercise! =)

Not a bad idea :clap:

Hey pretty girl! Just wanted to drop by and say hello.

About Myspace... yeah, on the news last week this story was posted:

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/03/07/myspace.a...t.ap/index.html

There was a group of teenage boys who made a fake myspace account for a fictitious teenage girl... a convicted sex offender contacted the boys thinking it was the girl. They arranged to meet. The sex offender, still thinking it was a young girl, showed up at the time and place. Luckily, the boys had the sense of mind to call the police and he was nabbed. Happy ending... but most don't end up that way.

So yeah, Tina, you did the right thing. Your sister-in-law probably doesn't know what goes on through MySpace. I refuse to participate because of the bad stuff that can go on. I do facebook because you must be a registered college student to get an account and you can control who sees your profile. With Myspace it isn't so! Anyway, good for you for telling her. Send her the link to that article if she doesn't believe you.

Sorry I missed your birthday! :redface: Happy Belated!

Take care and keep improving! Love ya tons!

Thanks, Sarah! Good to hear your perspective on MySpace. What happened was that I put up a MySpace to keep in touch with all my family and friends back in Michigan (where I'm from). I sent my neice a link to my MySpace but told her that on adults can put up a profile. My MySpace is 100% G-rated, specifically because I have neices and nephews that I would want to see it. This was all a few months ago, before I heard all the bad stuff on the news.

Annnnywaaaay...fast forward to the other day when I sent (what I thought was) a very nice, upbeat email to my sis-in-law saying that I saw my neice's MySpace and I don't like the idea of it because of the dangers of Internet predators. Unfortunately, my sis-in-law was very offended by my email! She was like, how dare you tell me what is appropriate for my child! and how dare you question my knowledge about the Internet, etc. etc. It was awful!!! I think we have worked it all out, but I still feel like she was overly sensitive about me giving any sort of input about my neice. And I'm still a little hurt that she would assume that I had anything other than the BEST intentions...

Oh man... I HATE drama, but especially FAMILY drama! It just plain sucks. I would just send her the link I gave you and say, "I am a member of a forum [acne.org] that has a lot of teenage users and even they say that it is dangerous to put up a myspace account." Especially now that Myspace has gotten so much attention from the media, it is just plain dangerous for a young girl to have a profile. I have an 11-year-old sister and if I EVER found out she had a myspace account I would freak!

That said, if your sis-in-law continues to turn a blind eye to it, what can you do? You have given a proper warning and if she chooses to be offended rather than take what you said at face value, (not to be rude) she has some issues. That she would consider how others view her parenting more important than actually considering the dangers of posting a young pre-teen's profile on myspace, which is a known breeding ground for sexual predators?! It makes me wonder...

Not to say anything negative whatsoever about your sister-in-law. I am sure she was just taken aback and probably more frightened than anything, and reacted by turning on you as the person who gave her reason to be afraid. But you know what? She is RIGHTFULLY afraid... myspace for little kids is just not a good thing. I just hope that she backs down and makes your niece take the profile off... It would be terrifying to think of what could happen.

I like to debate whether the internet is a good thing or a bad thing. Here at acne.org we find love and support for a horrible skin condition we all suffer from... and then there are sexual predators who love the internet because they get their thrills from it. Oh, boy.

Anyway, I'm off my soapbox now. I just hope everything works out with you and your SIL. Nothing is worse than tension in a family. I think you did the right thing, though. It's nice to know you are as caring in person as you are on here! :)

Love always :wub:

Hows about a skin update...

This past week has been a little weird, because of my lady cycle, I suppose. Here and there, I have had tiny little white heads pop up. Again, these are VERY surface level, needlehead-sized whities. They go away overnight, if not sooner. Anyway, I had one pop up by my nose crease and a couple around my chin area (which rarely breaks out!). Other than that, I must say that I am hap-hap-happy! The redness has gone done considerably, thanks to Dan's CSR gel. Love that stuff, although I was skeptical about trying it. But there is a HUGE difference over the Neutrogena On the Spot. If you are red from N.On the S., then by all means get on Dan's BP. See my comparison photo with Day 35 vs. Day 65 in my album.

Hows about a Jazzercise update...

In about a week and a half, I will be going to a national movement screening. This is basically getting watched to see if you have any rythm whatsoever, and can do basic movements like grapevine, sachet, triplet, etc. I know I can do all that stuff, duh, or I wouldn't even be trying for certification. But I guess I have to prove it before I can even apply. So that's April 1st.

Hows about a love life update...

Love & relationships seems to be a popular topic in the logs these days. I don't like to talk about all my drama, but I will say this. My recent birthday has got me thinking a lot about the tiny window frame of opportunity that I have left for starting a family. Soon as my skin is clear, I'm gonna get back into the dating scene. My current relationship is going nowhere fast and I think I still have a chance for finding a fulfilling relationship. I'm not THAT old, right?

So that's about it. Gotta get back to work.. Woo hoo.

Happy face day, every body!!!

Hey Tina,

You are doing great. I am so glad that you are trying Dan's BP Gel. I like it so much better than the other stuff too. I hope you keep having HAP-HAP-HAPPY face days! I am recoving from a little break out myself. I can't wait till we are done with this. How is your everyday life going? How's your kitty cat? I am quitting the bank this summer. I am so bored. In my town there are about 15 financial institutions and each one has at least one branch location. Our town only has about 27-30 thousand people so you can imagine that we don't ever get a lot of business. We survive off of big customers. Well, I hope all is well.

Danielle

hi tina, miss future certified jazzercise instructor :)

i looked at your comparison photo, and you have every reason to be hap-hap-happy! the acne has been completely zapped away, and the redness is fading so quickly. amazing! i love dan's gel, too. you were right about the dryness. i have to make sure to moisturize A LOT!

as for your love life.. you GO girl! you deserve to be in a happy and fulfilling relationship. get out there and enjoy yourself. you'll find the right person to start a family with. i'm sure of it!

happy tuesday.

love, erin

Tina, you are a wonderful, beautiful women. You deserve a man that treats you like one, that will commit to you and that you can start a family with. With your new confidence, there will be no man that can resisit your charm.

You will pass that test, I mean, jeez, the amount you jazzercise, how could you not?

Your skin is looking absolutely stunning and I am beyond happy for you. As I said before, you are a great woman who deserves great things to happen to her. Love you girl!

-Amber

It seems like I just follow amber around (and post wherever she posted last)! Well, who wouldn't though? :wub:

Sounds like things are going really well... and you are making some big life decisions! Just remember that we are all here for you and love you soo much... and I hope you don't disappear when your acne does, I would cry!

I hope things continue to go well, you are amazing! Love always!

Amber~Thank you so much for saying such sweet and thoughtful things. My mother gave me an hour-long lecture the other day because she doesn't like my b/f. I think that is what caused me to write what I did. But I still believe that I deserve more than b/f is willing to give.

T-Girl~You are so sweet. I would miss you too. It seems like lots of people hang around for a while after they get clear. Acne scars (mental ones) are so deep, we need each other's support. I probably won't be going anywhere anytime soon :)

Sadness...An active pimple popped up on my right cheek.There is no head and it is a painful one. But I foresee a very short lifespan for this guy!

I stopped taking the Minocyclen about a week ago because I was having such bad reaction whenever I went into the sun. I guess I need to take it and just stay out of the sun. But the sun is so powerful here in Florida, it burns me through the windshield of my car! Perhaps I should call my doc and get a different medication. I dunno. Mino seemed to really do a good job for me :(

Anywhooooo...that's my update for today.

Take care all.

Tina

Amber~Thank you so much for saying such sweet and thoughtful things. My mother gave me an hour-long lecture the other day because she doesn't like my b/f. I think that is what caused me to write what I did. But I still believe that I deserve more than b/f is willing to give.

T-Girl~You are so sweet. I would miss you too. It seems like lots of people hang around for a while after they get clear. Acne scars (mental ones) are so deep, we need each other's support. I probably won't be going anywhere anytime soon :)

Sadness...An active pimple popped up on my right cheek.There is no head and it is a painful one. But I foresee a very short lifespan for this guy!

I stopped taking the Minocyclen about a week ago because I was having such bad reaction whenever I went into the sun. I guess I need to take it and just stay out of the sun. But the sun is so powerful here in Florida, it burns me through the windshield of my car! Perhaps I should call my doc and get a different medication. I dunno. Mino seemed to really do a good job for me :(

Anywhooooo...that's my update for today.

Take care all.

Tina

hey sorry about the relationship problems im in the same rut =p ah well hope it works out for you

but you look great =) sorry about the pimple popping up buggers !

good luck with the jazzercise thing =)

Hmm, was just looking around your gallery... looks like we're having about-similar results from the regimen. We're both waaaaaay down on the active acne, but lots of red marks (and for me, some scarring)... hopefully things will only get better from here, less and less active crap, more and more fading of red marks...

good luck.

Fuman~Thanks for the encouragement!

Sleepflower~You hang in there. I think the red marks are just going to take a ton of patience to get past them.

T-Girl~You, too, are wonderful! Thanks for stopping by!

Well... I'm sorry I haven't been updating as regularly as I was. Life has been so busy lately. Which is good :)

I will update my photo gallery toward the end of the week.

I had an active zit pop up on my right cheek a few days ago. Then, yesterday, I woke up and it had become Mount Vesuvius!!! Horrid. I swear it stuck out 1/2 inch from my face and was filled with yellow gunk. Of course, it popped just as soon as I touched it while washing my face and the most disgusting color and amount of fluid came out. Oh, god, it was so sickening. I seriously almost passed out in the bathroom! I made sure it drained all the way and then I put BP on it about 4 times yesterday. Today it is almost flat and very dry. I will have a lovely red mark there for weeks to come, though.

I started using a full finger's worth of Dan's BP on Friday. And I started taking the Minocyclen again on Sunday. (I had stopped the Mino cause I was having an allergic reaction when out in the sun. I think I'd rather feel a little itchy than have the zits coming back on me.)

That's all for now. Have a clear day!

Tina

Tina! I have missed you!! Sorry about the evil pimple!! I got one too!! aye aye aye! I look forward to hearing from you, my dear.

Much love,

Amber

Hey celebration sorry to hear about the pimple =(

Hope it all drained out Im just praying that it didn't get infected, I popped one too many sometimes and it just got my skin beet red =p and worst some of them just sat there and didn't come to a head

but hey hope it's the last one for a looooonng time =)

cheer celebration !

Hey sweetheart! I have missed you! I hope you are doing okay and "busy" means "not worrying about acne". That's the best kid of busy. Sounds like you have really got a rough ride with acne treatments in general. I wish we could find you something that didn't make you so uncomfortable! Have you ever tried Bactrim? It's not really meant for acne, but I was once on it for a very persistant UTI and I found that it cleared me up great! It''s also pregnancy approved, so perhaps it's not quite so harsh?

Missed you and so glad you are back!

Guest PokaHotAz

^^ that wasnt random :rolleyes: lol

anyhooter, just dropping in to show ya some love, girly girl :)

seems like ur doing ok... i love seeing ur updated pics...looking forward to that...

i read something about u having man problems...sux :( but life goes on...and i feel ya on wanting to start ur family ...i cant imagine what thats like...the pressure n all...but ur a great strong woman u'll get through all ur obstacles , i know this... stay strong...ur doing awesome on the regimen...dont worry about those pesky pimples, unfortunately it's normal, but they subside w/ time...

keep it up :) ciao nena

Have you guys tried Aloe Vera gel for the red marks. It seems to help me. I know I am not as far as you guys on the medication but maybe it'll help.

You have to use the pure stuff without colors or fragrances.

I use Fruit of the Earth Aloe Vera Gel (clear). Found at Walgreens, Rite-Aid, and Meijers.

I just replied to this in T-Girl's log. I have not tried aloe yet but am considering it.

^^ that wasnt random :rolleyes: lol

anyhooter, just dropping in to show ya some love, girly girl :)

seems like ur doing ok... i love seeing ur updated pics...looking forward to that...

i read something about u having man problems...sux :( but life goes on...and i feel ya on wanting to start ur family ...i cant imagine what thats like...the pressure n all...but ur a great strong woman u'll get through all ur obstacles , i know this... stay strong...ur doing awesome on the regimen...dont worry about those pesky pimples, unfortunately it's normal, but they subside w/ time...

keep it up :) ciao nena

Hi Pokey-Poke! That bit about the aloe vera was in response to a conversation we were having in Tennesse Girl's log. So it wasn't really random. It's funny that you saw it, though, cuz you and I were just talking about aloe as well.

Yes, I'm having man problems and it sux big time.I basically told my b/f that we either have to move forward or else stop seeing eachother. I've said that to him about every 3 months for the past year, though. He probably doesn't take me seriously, but I MEAN IT. I love him a lot but I also really want to get married and have a family. He doesn't :( Sadness. Thank goodness my skin is clearing up so I might one day soon have the confidence to feel flirtatious again! Right now I still don't want any new guys coming near enough to see my spotty face. Blech.

Anyhoosiers, thanks for dropping by. I will post pics again really soon!

Hey Tina! Why in the world would he not want to marry such a beautiful, wonderful woman as yourself. Can we all say commitment problems? One day, in the near future, you WILL be confident enough to go back into the dating scene and find yourself someone that feels exactly the same about you and give you the perfect family that you are seeking. I love you hun, and i hope you are doing well!! :D

Hey Tina! Why in the world would he not want to marry such a beautiful, wonderful woman as yourself. Can we all say commitment problems? One day, in the near future, you WILL be confident enough to go back into the dating scene and find yourself someone that feels exactly the same about you and give you the perfect family that you are seeking. I love you hun, and i hope you are doing well!! :D

Amber~Thank you so much! I really appreciate your support. The guy has SERIOUS commitment issues due to a situation 13 years ago!!! He's a 35 going on 22 year old. (No offense to 22 year olds, of course) I didn't even know he existed back then, but I am paying for it :( Anyway, I've stuck with him for way too long... I haven't seen him for almost 3 weeks now, so it may be over.

My skin is itchy today. I started back on the Minocycline a few days ago and I swear I am allergic to it. Too bad it helps me so much with the acne. I wonder what else I can ask for? I got the Mino from my family doctor, and I think she would give me anything I ask for (short of Accutane). Any suggestions? If I am allergic, would I also be allergic to Doxycycline?

I posted new photos in my album if anyone is interested. While you are in the gallery, be sure to stop by and give some support to StarLogic. She's having a rough time and needs some love.

Tomorrow is my first Movement Screening for Jazzercise!!!! I'm so excited!!! I'll let you all know how that goes.

Have a great face day, everyone!!!

:wub: :wub: :wub: