Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
JTMNC01

Red marks left from acne, what to do?

I started the regiment 5 days ago and its going great. I've seen some improvement so far.

My skin was really bad up till about 1 mounth ago. I would always pick at my face, and constantly pop my pimples (incorrectly)

Since finding this site about a month ago, and reading what it had to say, I have been not thouching my face. Just by not touching my face and popping pimples, my skin improved almost 100%. Now I just have a few pimples left that I will treat with the CSR.

My problem is....

Although most of my acne is gone, I still have red spots left from my old pretty servere acne. Should I put BP on these old red marks? Should I just wait for them to disappear? Anything else I should do?

Thanks!!!!

I love this site!

Guest chon_bon

i have the same problem. what i've learned from research is that bp is no good for the healing of red marks. it dries the skin of natural oils that are essential for skin repair. i suggest you use a moisturizer with AHA and hold off on the bp gel. if you begin to break out, use the bp gel 3 times a week, and also as a spot treatment. if you want results faster, try a chemical peel. i suggest u start off with 30 percent glycolic acid and move your way up. however, you must be very careful with chemical peels, they'll fuck up your skin like no other if you do it wrong.

i have the same problem. what i've learned from research is that bp is no good for the healing of red marks. it dries the skin of natural oils that are essential for skin repair. i suggest you use a moisturizer with AHA and hold off on the bp gel. if you begin to break out, use the bp gel 3 times a week, and also as a spot treatment. if you want results faster, try a chemical peel. i suggest u start off with 30 percent glycolic acid and move your way up. however, you must be very careful with chemical peels, they'll fuck up your skin like no other if you do it wrong.

Thanks for your input.

Can anyone else confirm that putting bp on old redspots is bad for them?

I've only been on the CSR for a week tonight, and I am trying to be very careful.

Thanks for your input.

Can anyone else confirm that putting bp on old redspots is bad for them?

I've only been on the CSR for a week tonight, and I am trying to be very careful.

well you can't say it's 'bad' but bp does seem to prolong the existence of red marks

but remember this, if you don't stop acne on its tracks, chances are while you are fading old red marks, new ones will continually appear

so my best advice is to continue the regimen until you are clear of acne before you attempt to fade the marks...

gotta agree there. Bp does seem to make red marks last longer but its the only thing Ive tried that actually helps control my acne. Once in a while I will still get a pimple, like once a month, but you have to stop acne before fighting the red marks or else it will never end. I also recommend getting vbeam for your red marks. It is absolutely the BEST thing in eliminating red marks. Definitely look into it if your righting the red mark battle.

I use BP on my face still, even over my red marks, and it doesn't seem to make them last longer. I have actually seen improvement, not because of the BP on my red marks, but because of other methods I use. I don't think it does anything to red makrs but then again, different strokes for different folks.

I started the regiment 5 days ago and its going great. I've seen some improvement so far.

My skin was really bad up till about 1 mounth ago. I would always pick at my face, and constantly pop my pimples (incorrectly)

Since finding this site about a month ago, and reading what it had to say, I have been not thouching my face. Just by not touching my face and popping pimples, my skin improved almost 100%. Now I just have a few pimples left that I will treat with the CSR.

My problem is....

Although most of my acne is gone, I still have red spots left from my old pretty servere acne. Should I put BP on these old red marks? Should I just wait for them to disappear? Anything else I should do?

Thanks!!!!

I love this site!

Hey, go to this post:

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php?showtopic=35135

There have been a ton of good reviews about this regimen to reduce red marks and improve the look of your skin dramatically. I just started it a few days ago and I'm already seeing results! I have a lot of dark reddish brown marks from old pimples. I highly recommend this regimen (you can keep doing the bp).

If you have red, brown or black spots after acne treatment, I would recommend you to try Porever Pure at www.nexcosm.com. I had a very bad problem of marks after pimple is gone until I used their products. It works great on me. It is fast, no scar, no skin discoloration, and acne almost never recurs on my smae skin area after treatment with Porever Pure.

I am doing Jessica's exfoliation method but, just a little different. And I have to say, it has done wonders for my marks and acne at the same time! It is a must try for those who are not very sensitive skinned. I have pretty rough skin, I'm just like that, and it works great.