Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Does anyone know if retin-a micro is more or less effective than generic tretinoin? I am currently using 0.1% Steiva-a cream, and am considering switching to retin-a micro to help reduce some residual redness. I have an appointment with my doctor next week.

Thanks!

Does anyone know if retin-a micro is more or less effective than generic tretinoin? I am currently using 0.1% Steiva-a cream, and am considering switching to retin-a micro to help reduce some residual redness. I have an appointment with my doctor next week.

Thanks!

After the little dustup we had recently about binders in generic Accutane, I hesitate to add this.

But I read that generic Tretinoin (Retin-A) is one of the few generic topicals which can be markedly less effective than its brand name counterpart. Because of variations in the delivery system among generics.

I read it in a book by a dermatologist.

i used the retin-a micro once... sorry to break it to ya, but it made me really red and dry and flaky, so i don't think that the effects are lessened just cuz you use the brand name stuff!

After the little dustup we had recently about binders in generic Accutane, I hesitate to add this.

But I read that generic Tretinoin (Retin-A) is one of the few generic topicals which can be markedly less effective than its brand name counterpart. Because of variations in the delivery system among generics.

I read it in a book by a dermatologist.

I have also read that the delivery system can really alter the effectiveness of tretinoin. I know the delivery system for micro is supposed to be less irritating, and I have heard anecdodal evidence it works faster, but I wonder if it more effective? I would definitly switch if it was more effective, I'm starting to worry that the steiva-a 0.1% won't toatly clear my body acne...

By the way, does anyone know if tretinoin takes longer to work on the back and chest because the skin is thicker?

Thanks