Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LisaAnnB

WOW! The Acne Cure is a miracle!

Chilled means you keep it in the fridge and apply it to your face cold.

Honestly, I was on your regimen for two months. Where did I miss your suggestion to use AHA moisturizer?

You should buy the book. It is similar and different from your regimen all at the same time. It uses a lot of the same materials, just a different application process.

This is exactly like Dan's regemin except for the SA cleanser and the order in which you put ths tuff on. Dan says use 2.5% BP & so does Dubrow. Dan recommends Eucerin Renewal lotion (it has GA in it!!!). The only thing Dan cautions against is the use of SA with BP...He says it can be overly irritating. Am I missing something here?

I'm sorry I missed Dans suggestion on the lotion. Maybe it would have helped his regimen work better for me.

But it isn't exactly the same. Dan doesn't use chilled BP or ice. And he has you put BP on twice a day. The Acne Cure says once. And he never says anywhere that you should leave the SA or GA on for a couple minutes then rinse off.

hey lisa ann, another quick question. How much BP do you use? And do you sit and rub until it is absorbed or just kind of dab it on brokeout areas?

Also, just wanted to say that in response to a few people on this thread unsure about using different GA products, isn't the only thing that matters is that it has 8%

Oh, and Lisa I sure do appreciate you answering all the questions everyone's asked

i wished we got a explanation of why having the bp chilled makes such big difference. i was pretty much doing everything he recommands before even hearing about him, with exception that i did not chill the bp. ironically i always thought heat opens pores while cold closes em. in the CBS article though about this book it says that cold actually opens the pores.

damn this regimen seems so promising. But i promised myself i would stick out my full 12 week regimen with retin a micro/. I am starting week 5 today.

If retin a micro doesnt work, i will give this regimen a shot. But, its still seems like it will be to harsh for my skin. I have very sensitive skin. Even stuff my mom brought home from her derm office that is supposed to be for sensitive skin made me dry out.

CAN SOMEBODY EXPLAIN TO ME MORE ABOUT CHILLED BP!!!

WHY DOES CHILLING IT MAKE IT MORE EFFECTIVE? IF I PUT MY BP IN THE FRIDGE WILL IT WORK BETTER?!?!?!

...sorry, i just want an answer.

The reason why it needs to be chilled is as follows...The Dr. believes that the bodies natural swelling process only makes the zit/infection worse. It is a good mechanism but not for p.acnes. This swelling process can aid in the spread of infection through the body. In addition if ones spot is swollen then the pores next to it will also be closed off. This causes a vicious cycle and does not alleviate the problem. Yes heat opens pores but only if there not swollen shut. It is the act of chilling the skin and the bp that allow the swollen pore to open. This does two things, it allows for the bp to penatrate deeper into the infection, and keep the surronding non infected pores stable.

Its not just putting bp in the fridge, you have to rub an ice cube around youre face prior to putting the cold bp on, and then you have to put some ice packs on the effected area for ten minutes.

The differenc between dans and this is:

1. Youre washing with SA and letting it sit

2. Youre washing youre face with 8%-10% glycolic acid

3. Youre applying cold bp, and icing youre face

4. Youre only applying bp once a day

Although the author says for people of "color," (any color other than white) that if you dont BEGIN to see results in three weeks to apply bp twice a day...he explains it all in the book, his reson for it is that our skin is thinner, but denser.

I know these sorta questions are annoying, so sorry!

What gycolic acid products can you buy in the UK?

I went into Boots today and looked at the ingredients of a million bottles and people looked at me like I was mad. Couldn't find it anywhere.

THEN I went into the chemist/pharmacy and asked for something with glycolic acid in it AND I asked for Alpha-Hydroxy acid, but they didn't have anything.

Is there a brand name that I can ask for?

I'm VERY unfamiliar with what is available outside the US. The only thing I can think of is www.walmart.com?

Otherwise, I use neutrogena products, but I don't know if it's available there or not.

Eucerin Renewel has Lactic Acid (sodium Lactate) in it, not glycolic acid

Ugh, research! Lactic acid is just as potent (if not more) than glycolic acid and is much more gentle. -_-

SA + BP seems way too harsh....but whatever floats your boat. I hated glycolic acid too, I liked lactic acid.

Ugh, research! Lactic acid is just as potent (if not more) than glycolic acid and is much more gentle. -_- 

SA + BP seems way too harsh....but whatever floats your boat. I hated glycolic acid too, I liked lactic acid.

hmm, you say "seems way too harsh" am I to assume you have not done Dan's regimen? Or are you referring to the Acne Cure regimen.

The Acne Cure is a very effective treatment that works. However if you already have a method that is working for you and giving you the clearness, clarity and smoothness that you want, then certainly there would be no need for you to try the Acne Cure. If you don't have those things, then I would urge you to at least try the method before you assume or knock a method that has proven results.

First of all, the “acne regimen� thing is nothing new [-( , I’ve been using this type of regimen for one year and something :( ( I had no idea about the book) and second , I am hearing and reading u guys using AHA and this and that but no SUNCREEN , doesn’t the “smartest� book about acne teach u that ?? :D

If u do not use sunscreen while on AHA, BHA , BP u might as well not use anything.

I forgot :(

Paula Begun has exactly the same regimen ideas in her books and a lot (most actually) boards on the internet about skin care are following the same thing :D/ .

Cleanser (as gentle as possible) , AHA, BHA , BP (if decided because BP cad cause damage to the skin and some are actually allergic or non tolerant to it) and of course SUNSCREEN during day.

Congratulations Violeta :( then you too must be having great results! I'm not familiar with Paula's products. I'm not really a fan of hers so I never felt compelled to follow any thing she said or promoted.

Glad you are clear :D

Glad you are clear :(

Wow, now you´re talking like a scientologist (www.xenu.net) =)

I´m thinking of starting the acne cure because the bp hasn´t worked completely for me and its getting good reviews around here. Can I be guarateed this isn´t snake oil? The www.myacnecure.com website makes it sound like other acne cure nonsence that floods the market with overhyped stuff that doesn´t deliver.

Congratulations Violeta :( then you too must be having great results!  I'm not familiar with Paula's products.  I'm not really a fan of hers so I never felt compelled to follow any thing she said or promoted.

Glad you are clear :D

I developed this type of regimen before I got the chance to buy PB books. For me it was just a lot of knowledge put together. :D

I am very clear on a combination of Keflex oral antibiotic, clindamycin phosphate gel, Differin gel, Carley's Smooth & Clear, and Eucerin Renewal moisturizer. I have also recently added a very pricey MD Forte Glycolic Acid product to my regimen.

I have not read the book yet, but if you break the Acne Cure down, here's what you have:

1)Loosen and cleanse debris off of the face. The A.C. uses SA and GA for this purpose.

2)Moisturize.

3)Ice face to reduce inflammation and allow better penetration of BP.

4)Kill acne bacteria through the use of BP.

My own routine, as well as many others, follows some of the same basic principles. The main differences are:

1)I use more of a mechanical exfoliation through the use of Carley's. The A.C. seems to rely on more of a chemical exfoliation through the use of SA and GA.

2)I have not tried icing. This is very sound advice, which I have read on several other websites, including the Sage Skincare site which I hold in high regard.

3)I kill acne bacteria through the use of the low dose BP in the Carley's, the topical clindamycin gel, and Keflex oral antibiotics. The A.C. uses BP to accomplish this.

4)I use Differin gel to further exfoliate my skin.

All that being said, I think that you can get a picture of what is needed in any acne routine to control acne. If I wasn't clear, I would definitely try the Acne Cure. I don't like using antibiotics whether they are oral or topical, but I can't deny the results I have had in using them. My biggest question with the A.C. is why do you rinse off the GA? GA is the most expensive component of the A.C., and I would think that it would be more beneficial to leave it on under the moisturizer. Good luck to all who try this.

As I remember from The Beauty Bible by Paula Begoun, salicylic acid is fat-soluble and glycolic acid is water-soluble. So in the Acne Cure this is why you use salicylic acid to cleanse with, because it cuts through the oil and slightly exfoliates the comedone inside the pore. Of course Paula would probably not agree with a salicylic acid cleanser because the product would be washed off before having an effect on the skin; but this is why you leave it on for a couple minutes if not longer. And to really penetrate inside the pore you need the smallest, molecularly, of all the alphahydroxy acids which is glycolic acid. Glycolic acid has the ability to breakup the dead impacted skin cells inside the pore. So you've taken care of the surface cell buildup and impacted dead cells inside the follicle.

I believe Paula Begoun also stated somewhere in her book that glycolic acid only exfoliates to a point then stops, because it is water soluble. So once it has loosened the bond keeping dead cells together it does'nt make sense to let it sit on your face all day. You're better off washing those cells off of your face njacobs. After reading Paula's books and the A.C. book I would have to say the ideas are in agreement, and I trust Paula's advice. Since I'm writing this I have a query with what the A.C. book stated about moisturizer. It said that moisturizer was antibacterial just like sebum, because sebum pushes out strands of bacteria before they can multiply. But why do I always hear that moisturizer actually upsets the skin's ability to heal itself? Is it because the moisturizer is taking care of the bacteria instead of your skin? Just a thought. I hope this info explains some things about the Acne Cure program.

When I said that the ideas in Paula's books and the A.C. book are in agreement, I meant the uses for the products are in agreement. Paula has her own order of using the products which usually consist of leaving on an aha or bha throughout the day. But in the A.C. book it says to wash off these products-why? Well, I can't remember if it was Paula's book or the Acne cure that stated that salicylic acid sheds cells at a constant pace; but if that is true you would not want to put on a product like bp over the salicylic acid. The constant shedding of the SA would not allow the bp to enter the pore, or the glycolic acid used in the morning. Maybe this is why they use such high concentrations of SA in wart removers. And like I mentioned in the previous post it's better to wash off the cells that the glycolic acid unglues. If you just leave them on the skin and then add a moisturizer your just creating a sebum and cell like mixture, that I think would clog the pores.

=D> good stuff! very educational. Thanks for the info. It really does make sense after reading that. It just further clarifies why this routine works and that this the effective way to attack acne. At least...for me. :(

A treatment like AHA , BHA , has to stay on the face for at least 1h so washing it off very fast it’s not going to do a lot .

QUESTION: From my knowlege of Biology, when you go through heavy exercise you body undergoes Glycolysis, a form of metabolism where oxygen is not required. The waste product of Glycolysis is Lactic Acid, and is harmful in large amounts so it must be excreted. Isn't a fair portion of the Lactic Acid excreted onto the face as a component of sweat? My skin always feels smoother and healthier when it is soaked in sweat. My experience is that daily intense exercise and sweating helps my skin significantly, and maybe there is some organic Lactic Acid involved. Or mabye I am way off the mark...