Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jstar

cortisone injections

has anyone tried to do cortisone injections on themselves?

where do you get the cortisone? tijuana? how about the needles?

i get a big cystic pimple about every other week... and i usually go to get a shot. it seems so simple. i'm sure i could do it myself.

Ive never had a cortisone shot but i wouldnt recommend trying to give one to yourself, have you thought about maybe trying Accutane?

This is not a good idea. It looks simple but you have to be very careful injecting your facial skin with a needle. There is a definite technique to this. You have to have an extremely small needle plus you need to know exactly how much cortisone to inject. Too little and it won't do anything on a cystic zit, too much and you wind up with a big indentation in your skin which could takes months to fill in.

Though I agree it would be nice to be able to buy a kit with instructions for home use though.

You can't do it yourself. You need a LOT of training for it... It's much more complex than it looks.. You hafta be able to hit the pimples at an angle and know exactly how much to put in..