Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
yoyoman21

My first child will be named ...

Accutane ... if this stuff works :)

I went to my derm today and he gave me a prescription for accutane.

he gave me 40 mg and an appointment 20 days later. he said starting at a lower dose helps prevent the intitial outbreak. from now where he said he'll up the dose to 1 mg per kg.

I am 5'7" and weight 150 lb would 60 mg a day be enough to keep me from remission?

he told me the drug works wonders and said the average person stays acne free for 3 years after taking accutane ... is this true with you guys? What have your experiences been?

Also for the people who like to work out here does creatine have any effect with accutane?

Same for whey protein does it have any reactions with accutane?

What about milk? I drink 4 glasses of 2 % milk a day and it has 10 % of the daily serving of Vitamin A. Is that too much Vitamin A?

wish me luck

~Yoyoman21

Most people stay clear for 6 months after accutane. 60 mg will be enough to stay away from remission.. Although im similar weight to you, I got 80 mg.. And I'm 12 weeks in nearly.. And im breaking out like there's no tommrow. It's never been this bad to be honest.

Hmm let's see:

- Creatine - overloads the liver.. it's bad on your liver .. i don't recommend it and you PROBABILY don't need it unless you have some disease where your body doesn't produce it. People also said it might be a cause of acne.. *shrug*

- Try to cut down on the milk. 10% isn't really much but every litle bit adds stress on your liver.. What you want to aim for is to get through this with as litle stress on your body, then you can return to normal. You don't want to have a overstressed liver and get any permanent side effects.

About the drug, I'm 3 months in the treatment. It's never been this bad. So you should know what you're about to expect. Most people don't notice their face clearing untill month 5 or so... From what I hear.

What about milk? I drink 4 glasses of 2 % milk a day and it has 10 % of the daily serving of Vitamin A. Is that too much Vitamin A?

wish me luck

~Yoyoman21

Don't worry about that much Vit A in your milk. You really don't have to worry about the Vit A found in foods, because they have such low concentrations. Just don't take any supplements containing Vit A. Oh, don't eat liver, it is one food with very high concentrations of Vit A.

Good Luck!