Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
acnebattle

Using the tanning bed while on the regimen, is it ok?

I was wondering how many women go to the tanning bed with active acne and/or scarring? Is it safe? does it cause more breakouts or make the scarring worse? Also what about the women who are using Dan's regimen, do you tan on the regimen?

i wouldnt tan on bp if you paid me. i was out in the sun quite a bit while using bp, and even with sun protection the results weren't pretty. here's a hint: WRINKLES

i wouldnt risk it

tanning beds are fine as long as you want wrinkly/leathery skin later on in your life.. why dont you try a self tanner so you dont ruin your skin.

your going to be wrinkly and old eventually anyway. just have fun in life and dont burn yourself in the beds.

I was wondering how many women go to the tanning bed with active acne and/or scarring? Is it safe? does it cause more breakouts or make the scarring worse? Also what about the women who are using Dan's regimen, do you tan on the regimen?

i've been with active acne last summer every day or every other day for about 1 month but it was to attempt to cure my acne, not tan. tanning "dries up" the acne but it doesnt make it go away, only hides it. it's like a temporary fix. for some people it makes them break out, but for some (like me) it kinda works. most people don't suggest it because BP is already so draining and drying on your skin that tanning will probably make it worse. to be honest if you're just using the BP on your face i dont see why you couldnt go and just cover your face with a towel, then use a self tanner or something else like tinted makeup etc on your face. that would probably be best FOR you besides not going at all. as far as scarring goes, im pretty sure tanning can make it a little worse, but most likely we're gonna have scars anyway so who gives a crap? lol... just make sure you dont obesess over the tanning like some people (myself included last summer, just was SICK AND TIRED of it and needed confidence to go on a beach with my boyfriend since we went on vacation together) i'd say go like once a week or something. good luck whatever you choose to do, hope you clear up if you're not already!

i go tanning now while on it.. i only do the regimen at night though because i wear makeup during the day. you get darker a lot quicker but you burn so much more easier, it doesnt feel healthy i'm gonna try to stop or only go 1-2 times a wk soon after the few actives ones i have go away. before the regimen i was going 4-6 days a wk.. now i only go 2-3 maybe 4 times a wk, and am darker than before..

Well, I know somebody who goes tanning year-round and I can honestly say that her skin looks terrible. She's in her mid-30s, but her skin looks 50. She has these circle-shaped scars all over her face and legs. A couple years ago she had this breakout on her face that got worse and worse and it was these circles, and the doctor "couldn't figure out what they were". Well, I'm sure it was due to her tanning. The result is she has a tan face, but where those circles are, it doesn't tan. She would look so much prettier if she just didn't tan. She looks fake.

I guess in moderation, you might be okay, but I certainly would't do it a lot.

I've got a bit of a problem in that I only apply BP to the lower part of my face and I go tanning on sunbeds evry other day (although after realising it made my acne a little worse I cover my face up afer 1 minute). So I'm a bit worried that I'm going to end up with a 2-tone face!

I've got a bit of a problem in that I only apply BP to the lower part of my face and I go tanning on sunbeds evry other day (although after realising it made my acne a little worse I cover my face up afer 1 minute). So I'm a bit worried that I'm going to end up with a 2-tone face!

LOL yeah, my prob areas are my forehead and around my mouth, very little on my cheeks, but i still put the bp all over my face so that doesnt happen. it prob would since bp def makes you more sensitive to it