Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

hahhhahaha...ok, maybe not too funny of a title :D

I would say this is day one...but its actually day 5. I have mild acne and if I DONT MESS with my face I do SO much better...why cant we all just leave our faces alone?? :shifty:

ok when I started this regimen I had 2 active places....after sticking to this regimen, they have dried up and my face is 100% clear at this moment. There are a couple places where Ive got some red marks left over, well, pink, not red really...

but concealer covers them up so that no one notices.

I must admit that I did buy some Neutrogena on-the-spot just to make sure my face could tolerate the BP, but since I am having NO flakiness whatsoever, Ive just ordered Dan's gel.

It is such a better deal for the price and I trust that the quality is top notch! (thanks Dan! :wub: )

so...I will try to keep this log updated for any who want to read.

Like I said before, I have just some mild acne...but it will flare up if I dont leave it alone :eh:

Im sure some of you can relate!

ciao for now...

p.s....my regimen (once a day)

~wash at night with Cetaphil Cleanser (GENTLY!!)

~apply BP (wait 15 mins or so)

~apply Cetaphil Moisterizer (couldnt find the Eucerin)

oh and leave your face alone people...I know how hard this is...but its pivotal if the acne isnt ready....believe me I couldve saved myself a ton of bad skin days if I had just waited and not picked! It ends up pushing the infection deeper down and just gets nasty and takes FOREVER to heal!

Thanks Brandy =)

believe me Im glad too!

I had PERFECT skin as a teenager, smooth and even toned...it was great. I just want to get back to the point where I can walk out the door without foundation like I used to...remember those days??? lol

again, thanks!

p.s....after looking around, maybe I shouldve posted this in the personal logs forum...sorry about that, if any mod would like to move it, please feel free!

Guest charyan

im glad your skin is in good shape dude, may you keep your clear skin for many years!

Thanks Charyan! same for you =)

now...if only Dan had a miracle cure for doing my taxes.... :doubt::(

aww, all my best to ya hkd! :)

well...here I am a day later...still clear....red marks are going away (I got away with just a tad of concealer on a couple spots today! color me HAPPY!)...a little flakiness, not as bad as I thought tho, not by a long shot!

I thought I had a small pimple about to pop up...but I just made sure it had enough bp on it last night and VOILA! its history!

so far, awesome!!!

Hey all =)

Im a little dry today, I really need to find some Eucerin moisterizer, I think that would help immensely.

The Cetaphil is ok, but is almost like water, not much to it.

I have a little pimple that is trying to raise up above my eyebrow...but IM IGNORING IT...well except when I slather BP on it =)

and I have a small place on my chin that is healing cuz I messed with it...damn it....I should know better! :naughty:

but, all in all...I would say my skin is looking very good, I can get away with just concealing a few areas, I dont have to layer on the foundation like I used to!

Hey Sixx---you are sooo right on about the no pickin' advice. Stop :hand: picking=faster healing. It's awesome that your skin is clear now. Have you noticed an overall improvement to the smoothness of your skin? Just wondering because my clear areas seem so baby soft right now.

Also, I feel your pain about adult-onset acne. Until about 26 years old I used to get compliments all the time on my skin. I was PROUD of it. Maybe the acne is nature's way of knocking the pride right out of us, eh? Oh, and now that I live in Florida I'm also dying to get back to the point where foundation isn't necessary. The humidity makes make-up look like crapola.

Keep up with the regimen, Sixx. You are doing a good thing for your skin!

Thanks Celebration, yeah I was like 27 when this started...ugh...oh well, I still got some modeling gigs so it couldnt have been too bad, either that or Im good with covering it with makeup lol =)

OPT, Im using the regular cetaphil cleanser (green bottle?) and the moisterizing lotion...but I dont really like it very well.

It feels ok going on, but in about 5 minutes, it almost feels like I didnt even use any lotion.

I wish I could find a moisterizer that has the feel of the ones with oil in them with longer lasting moisterizing effects!

Im on a journey, I'll keep updating to let you all know if I find one to my liking =)

as for today....just about the same as yesterday...Im starting to get some drying, so last night when I applied the BP, I only did it on the places where I usually get acne and not all over my face like I had been doing.

Hey! Did you find a new moisturizer? As time goes on, I am liking my Eucerin Q10 more and more. I think my face is used to the BP now, and the good (acne-free) parts of my skin are super-duper smooth. Don't know if that's because of my moisturizer, but I'm gonna keep with it for a while just in case. Was thinking about getting one with AHA to use either in the morning or night. Anywho... my point is: maybe you should stay with your moisturizer for a while, until your face gets used to the BP.

Nope...havent found a new moisterizer yet...but Im now using a nice eye cream around my eyes and the Cetaphil everywhere else. Im going to try CVS, I just havent gotten there yet...Ive got a sick kid here at home so...Im kinda grounded. Good thing Im done with work until Friday, maybe she'll be well enough to go back to school by then! :pray: :lol2:

Good to hear that your skin is used to the BP, I know thats a big complaint among the forums.

ok...today....I had a couple places try to come up, but are easily concealed with makeup.

I received my tube of Dan's BP gel yesterday and WOW...I like it soooooooooooooooooo much better than the Neutrogena on the spot!

The Neutrogena was extrememly drying and would make my face feel taut...but Dan's gel doesnt do that at all...Im not sure why...maybe the vehicle that Neutrogena uses to suspend the BP in their cream is more harsh on my face than the gel vehicle used in Dan's gel?

Anywho...I like it so much better and my moisterizer does not sting when I put in on after the BP anymore =)

so color me giddy! :dance:

No new pimples to log :D

Last night I began using the Neutrogena Healthy Skin with AHA in it...I really like how it makes my skin feel.

Much more moisture than the Cetaphil...I just hope it doesnt break me out! :doubt:

Im still really enjoying using Dan's BP much better than the Neutrogena, my skin tolerates it so much easier.

Today, still doing GREAT!!

LOVE Dan's BP gel! =) I have no redness from it at all...the dryness is going away, I think that may be in part to the fact that I changed moisterizers =)

But I am very happy with my skin at the moment, no pimples at all and the redmarks are almost non-exsistant!

That's great that your skin is cooperating. Now...maintain! Maintain! I think I will order some of Dan's BP gel because my face is uber red. I'm glad that you've found a combination that works for you :):clap:

Thanks Cel! I think maintaining might be the hard part! :eh:

But Im sticking to this...I only put the BP on at night...just once a day since my acne is mild.

I dont think my face has looked this good in months!

Okay guys, my face is doing extremely well, better than I thought. Even during "that time of the month" when Id usually breakout, I got one zit and its now gone.

Im still using the BP just once a day (at night) and trying NOT to pick at anything...and I think thats what helped ALOT. I have no zits to report, just a few pink marks that are fading.

I still occasionally get a small zit, but if Im diligent on the regimen, it is quick to heal or just go away.

Walmart was out of the Neutrogena Healthy Skin lotion that I wanted so I had to get the Walmart brand that is supposed to be the same thing...well, I really like it actually. Its not breaking me out and it totally took care of the dryness I was having from the BP. Well that and the fact I think my skin is getting used to the BP. I still only use about 3 pea-sized drops of the BP as that covers my face and does the job.

If I need to increase it in the future I will, but for now Im good. :angel: ok not that good ;)

Hey Sixx!

It's great to hear that the Regimen is going so well for you! I long to get to the point where I'm just maintaining. I think I will get there, but it's probably a couple months down the road. In the grand scheme of things it's not that long. I'm liking Dan's BP gel a lot. It's not as drying as the Neutogena and it seems to be doing the job. Keep it up!!! :clap:

Panacea

Hey Sixx,

Would you mind sharing the hair forum that you are on? Is it just for shedding? I think my hair is going to be my next "project"! I have naturally curly, coarse hair that I really want to get healthy.

edit: found naturallycurly.com. loving it almost as much as acne.org! fun stuff :)

Heya guys! =)

That site is just for alopecia sufferers...its heralopecia.com

Im not sure where you'd go for just hair advice :think:

ok, duh...forgot :eh:

as for today...doing great still...regimen is working like a freakin charm, thanks Dan :wub:

Im a little dry, but its winter and everyone seems to be complaining about that...Im just gonna make sure I drink enough water and moisterize well tonite.

and thanks panacea...yeah maintaining is gonna be the hard part...ya know how ya get when your skin looks good, you get over confident and think you dont need the regimen...Im gonna try not to fall into that.