Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Xemina

TCA CROSS AREAS STILL RED

Hey Guys.

I just had five scars croossed with 70% TCA almost two weeks ago on Jan 9th. Although they don't look worse the areas are still red and there wasn't musch scabbing. To all the PRO TCA Crossers, cn you tell me if this is normal? How long will it take to heal? ANy help would be appreciated.

I can only tell you my experience, I experienced redness right after applying the tca-cross ( 100% in my case), the scar will get white frost and turn brown in a couple of hours(scab). after about a half a day to a day my redness disappeared.. Usually the next day when i wake up, i check it out and just a brown scab..

The scab can stay on for about 1 to 2 weeks, but i have not experienced longterm redness.

Maybe because you are fair-skinned? I am asian-white, i have a more ethnic skin..

Good luck and I hope it turns out fine.

I can only tell you my experience, I experienced redness right after applying the tca-cross ( 100% in my case), the scar will get white frost and turn brown in a couple of hours(scab). after about a half a day to a day my redness disappeared.. Usually the next day when i wake up, i check it out and just a brown scab..

The scab can stay on for about 1 to 2 weeks, but i have not experienced longterm redness.

Maybe because you are fair-skinned? I am asian-white, i have a more ethnic skin..

Good luck and I hope it turns out fine.

I just got 100% TCA Cross, I went with Dr. Mary Dobry in La Jolla. I had several scars treated, two days after I got the treatment I got like burn marks in my face, very noticeable it looks like I have chicken pox. The Dr told me that the marks will be present for a couple of weeks, she did give me some cream to help the healing process (Bionec) and some to bleach the marks (Aclaro). She did mention that I have to use the Aclaro religiously till the marks disappear. She also mentioned that to really see the benefits of the TCA Cross I have to wait around 4 months.

Hey Guys.

I just had five scars croossed with 70% TCA almost two weeks ago on Jan 9th. Although they don't look worse the areas are still red and there wasn't musch scabbing. To all the PRO TCA Crossers, cn you tell me if this is normal? How long will it take to heal? ANy help would be appreciated.

According to the Korean journal article on TCA Cross ("Focal Treatment of Acne Scars With Trichloroacetic Acid: Chemical Reconstruction of Skin Scars Method") mild erythema (i.e. redness) resulting from TCA Cross faded within 2-8 weeks.

i dont know about that guys i did a tca peel like almost 100% and im still flush after 6 months. i mean it has faded but im still red. it will take almost another 6 months until it is fully healed. making that 1 full year. if i knew it would take that long i would have never done it. but oh well cant do anything now. i did my peel in july 13 2005, for those who were wondering. sometimes i get really really red fro no reason i guess this is just healing. i guess patience is the key. :doubt:

i dont know about that guys i did a tca peel like almost 100% and im still flush after 6 months. i mean it has faded but im still red. it will take almost another 6 months until it is fully healed. making that 1 full year. if i knew it would take that long i would have never done it. but oh well cant do anything now. i did my peel in july 13 2005, for those who were wondering. sometimes i get really really red fro no reason i guess this is just healing. i guess patience is the key. :doubt:

100% TCA peel?

I dont think that is wise, that high of TCA percentage should be only used on small scars ( CROSS )

I think I had the same problem( 6 months you say? damn only been like couple weeks for me ) but i used large amounts of TCA 15% on my chest, i guess its ok if it fades because no one will actually see it.

100% TCA peel?

I dont think that is wise, that high of TCA percentage should be only used on small scars ( CROSS )

I think I had the same problem( 6 months you say? damn only been like couple weeks for me ) but i used large amounts of TCA 15% on my chest, i guess its ok if it fades because no one will actually see it.

Almost 1 week after having TCA Cross at 100% on several scars (around 20 spots), I developed a ugly scab on each spot for the first couple of days, I used the creams that the doctor gave me, now most of the scabs peeled off leaving a slight redness in each spot (not noticeable).

My response to the CROSS was weird. One of my scars scabbed and filled in a little, its a bit shallow, but the other ones are still red. They didn't really scab and nothing "came off" they just turened red and stayed that way. I don't know what to make of this and its been about three weeks. :think: