Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

So I got my pictures developed from over the holiday and they all(pics of me) look like total shit. At the time I was thinking my skin feels great and even looks great in the mirror. I was feeling really good and confident about having my picture taken. Well, I wish I would have just stayed home and locked myself in a closet or threw a bag over my head the entire holiday. The pics look like shit, my face looks like a cherry tomato that was on fire then put out with an ice pick. God damn, I hate pictures they can really make u depressed :cry:

i kinda find similaritie. it;s like when i shave my skin feels nice and smotth and healthy but when i look in the mirror it looks like shit. and soemtimes it feels all bumpy and unhealthy but it looks great. its just so fucking weird,thats why ppl develope body dysmorphia and stuff

Hey,

just to reassure you have ever thought that some people are just not photogenic. Even though they may look really good in person in photographs they look very different. Seriously don't worry about what the photos look like but rather try to keep the feeling you had originally: confidence in how you look.

I can assure you that I hardly ever like photos of myself. I always think if it's not that my face looks spotty, then it looks greasy or I look fat etc. Everyone is always going to be critical about the way that they look unfortunately.

go to photoshop and colour the skin in a paler colour. get the paintbrush, get a pale skin colour, make it quite transparent then paint it on the face. dw i have to airbrush all my pictures for hours before i show anyone.

Hours? :o

No wonder. The easiest way to touch up your pictures is using the patch tool, and if you're looking for something more advanced go for the clone stamp or healing brush tools.

i agree...I'm photoshop challenged too...but i have discovered that if you take your picture and the flash is really bright it makes your face all white and hides everything...i like it

Since people don't seem very photoshop savvy, here are some tips:

First, you take a photo. The photo may be very good, or it may be quite average. Either way, it makes no difference because the end product will be so different anyway.

Depending on what you want, you can do the following:

- Use a blending tool to take out marks on the skin such as blemishes, etc.

- Use a smudge tool to take out shadowing from pores in the skin

- Use the blend tool again and take out wrinkles or lines

- Duplicate the base picture, put the contrast way up high and then use it as a blending filter to increase depth of shadowing

- Select colour ranges and edit skin tones and shadowing to remove harsh lines from light-cast on the skin

- Once again, us blend layers to add colour to the hair and eyes to produce the desired tone and effect

- Use the line tool to then go over all curves, from the nose, eyes, legs, breasts, arms, neck, fingers and slim down certain lines to alter figure

- &, of course, the heal, stamp, & patch tools

Then you get into the difficult work. This includes doing work on the eyes, eyelashes and so on and requires quite a lot of work and effort to get quite right. You then have to straighten the teeth and make them white, as well as a bevvy of other things depending on what you want.

Editing a photo requires quite a lot of discernation on how lines in the body 'should' look, and making sure none of the changes are visible. Essentially, the ending product is entirely different from the one it started off as.

For examples - makeup commercials. They always choose very bright, soft lighting with extremely low shadows. A front on strobe removes shadowing from wrinkles or marks on the skin, and then fixing the skin tone to create a pearly white/pink adds extra vitality. Makeup commercials and skin-care commericals use this to project the soft/ young image, when in reality they chose some 30 year old with naturally beautiful skin, then used choice lighting and some P-shop skills to round it off.

IT IS A SUBTLE BUSINESS. They will try to trick you into believing this is real without your realising it, because that is their job. In reality, they are just like you and me. Makeup and style is the breaking point.

Example:

IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

wow. thats pretty cool. i wish there was a treatment for acne like this. take a photo, sort it all out on the comp,. then ur acne will be all gone. damn, why cant sum1 make that.

Since people don't seem very photoshop savvy, here are some tips:

First, you take a photo. The photo may be very good, or it may be quite average. Either way, it makes no difference because the end product will be so different anyway.

Depending on what you want, you can do the following:

- Use a blending tool to take out marks on the skin such as blemishes, etc.

- Use a smudge tool to take out shadowing from pores in the skin

- Use the blend tool again and take out wrinkles or lines

- Duplicate the base picture, put the contrast way up high and then use it as a blending filter to increase depth of shadowing

- Select colour ranges and edit skin tones and shadowing to remove harsh lines from light-cast on the skin

- Once again, us blend layers to add colour to the hair and eyes to produce the desired tone and effect

- Use the line tool to then go over all curves, from the nose, eyes, legs, breasts, arms, neck, fingers and slim down certain lines to alter figure

- &, of course, the heal, stamp, & patch tools

Then you get into the difficult work. This includes doing work on the eyes, eyelashes and so on and requires quite a lot of work and effort to get quite right. You then have to straighten the teeth and make them white, as well as a bevvy of other things depending on what you want.

Editing a photo requires quite a lot of discernation on how lines in the body 'should' look, and making sure none of the changes are visible. Essentially, the ending product is entirely different from the one it started off as.

For examples - makeup commercials. They always choose very bright, soft lighting with extremely low shadows. A front on strobe removes shadowing from wrinkles or marks on the skin, and then fixing the skin tone to create a pearly white/pink adds extra vitality. Makeup commercials and skin-care commericals use this to project the soft/ young image, when in reality they chose some 30 year old with naturally beautiful skin, then used choice lighting and some P-shop skills to round it off.

IT IS A SUBTLE BUSINESS. They will try to trick you into believing this is real without your realising it, because that is their job. In reality, they are just like you and me. Makeup and style is the breaking point.

Example:

IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

hooooooooly crap. haha. I never knew photoshop actually did that much.