Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi all! I have been using differin for two weeks and it has been working great at getting rid of clogged pores. Unfortunately, I was picking at one clogged pore a lot a caused it to turn into a big cyst. Anyone have any ideas of how to help it heal. It doesn' hurt much but it is really large and don't usually get cysts unless I pick at them-you would think I would learn to stop picking wouldn't you?! Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Hi all! I have been using differin for two weeks and it has been working great at getting rid of clogged pores. Unfortunately, I was picking at one clogged pore a lot a caused it to turn into a big cyst. Anyone have any ideas of how to help it heal. It doesn' hurt much but it is really large and don't usually get cysts unless I pick at them-you would think I would learn to stop picking wouldn't you?! Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Don't touch it and try to not put the differin on it or near it (interfears with healing). If it's infected put some neosporin on it. If your prone to cysts, you should also be on an oral or topical antibiotic. If you have some BP you can put that on it in the morning (or whenever you don't use differin) Don't ever pick your skin on a retinoid. It thins the epidermis so that you can really damage your skin by picking. It makes it really easy to draw blood by playing with a pimple. It also makes it take longer for your skin to heal.