Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bclikesyou

a critical look at the new bp gel

As per usual, here's my story.

Found Dan's bp gel a year ago. Used it and within a week my face was completely clear.

I never really had mild or severe acne. I would either get small pimples or cysts. The cysts

obviously being more embarassing. I would get them on my chin or on either sides of my nose.

Over the course of using Dan's gel, I even cut it down to using it once every 2-3 days and it still

kept me completely clear.

Then *dun dun* I ordered the new gel. I got the one hour red face effect. I got some small breakouts.

Now two weeks into it, I've gotten my first cyst in over a year. So of course I run to the messageboard which I haven't visited in forever. And I notice others having the same problem.

So in now way am I blaming Dan. Someone brought up a completely honest worry, and Dan being as awesome

and responsive as he is, took action.

I guess I'm just in the dark as to what to do. I suppose I'm going to stick with it and see if my skin adjusts. I just find it odd that the new formula is more "pure" than the old one and yet with this my face goes "no". heh.

The new batch should be at the distributors by next Wednesday or so. So anyone ordering after then will get the next batch. I ordered a relatively small amount to see how people react to it. But I have also been getting consistent emails from both sides. A lot of people prefer the new gel. At any rate, hopefully more people will be happy after the 25th.

Do you think you will consider changing it back to the original formula ever if this keeps up and most people are complaining? From what Ive look up parabens arent anything to worry about in the amount they are in things. Sinse I read the post about the girl making a big deal about it and you removing it I started looking at other products its in... Its seriously in like everything! shampoo, soaps, bodywashes, lotions, seriously like everything.

What is peoples biggest complaint anyway? it doesnt work at stopping acne or is irritating?

What is peoples biggest complaint anyway? it doesnt work at stopping acne or is irritating?

parabens cause cancer. You don't keep shampoo on your head for the whole day in large amounts, like you do with BP.

Dan: I remember using Benzamycin, which you had to keep in the fridge. What if you don't use preservatives at all? Is this realistic?

AH wot!!! i ordered the new gel yesterday or the day b4. does that mean im gonna get the old batch!! Ahhhhhhhhh!!!! and i need them pretty quick too cos i havent got much left in my old tube.

When I first tried the CSR I didn't get any adverse side effects like all the others were complaining about.

I didn't like it as much compare to the old one because the CSR was thick in consistency. The original was a bit more watery. IT was more like a light thin lotion. THe CSR is like thick dry lotion.

I like the original formula because of its consistency and texture. The new one would be great it had the same consistency.

I wonder why the consistency changed?? It went from a watery light gel to a thick paste like gel. I even tried placing the CSR under a lamp to warm it up in hopes the gel would be less thick. But it didn't work. Maybe it's the packaging its in. THe old one..I didn't have a problem placing it under a lamp; afterwards the gel would be super thin and i could use less and it absorbed faster into my skin.

The new batch should be at the distributors by next Wednesday or so. So anyone ordering after then will get the next batch. I ordered a relatively small amount to see how people react to it. But I have also been getting consistent emails from both sides. A lot of people prefer the new gel. At any rate, hopefully more people will be happy after the 25th.

So if i order on the 9th which is a Thursday ill get the new batch with less preservatives?

im only using a small amount but when i try to use that little bit more i get the sunburn effect so i carnt wait for this new BP Gel

:dance: