Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dawkyou

TCA skin peel

I'm afraid to do the tca peel that i got off of ebay. I don't want to screw my skin up, plus i work and dont want so much downtime. Is it possible to do certain spots, like say...a spot on my neck...just to see the results and amount of downtime? I dont like my skin and just dont know what to do. I cant really have a lot of downtime, i work 5 days a week, mon-fri...help please!

yes, it is smart to do a spot check to see how you'll react. however, if you do your neck you might see different results than what might happen to your face. facial skin is different, so try one scar on your face that's not greatly visisble and see what happens.

it's also smart to spot treat the scars only. i don't think it's good to harm your healthy skin. also, i'm not sure what % TCA you already have, but you might want to start at a low concentration. maybe 12%? if yours is higher you can dilute it. remember there's nothing wrong with taking it slow at first. you can always increase your treatments.

Exactly, i want to start slow. Heck, i'll go as low as possible. The directions say its 100% TCA, but say how to dilute it to like 15% and 30%...somewhere in there, dont know, its at home.

I just didnt know if it would make my skin unbalanced if i only did a certain spot. Wasnt sure if you were supposed to do the whole face. Anyone else just do spot treatments? Thanks olbarn, your info is very helpful.

yes don't put 100% all over your face! that would be dangereous! the 100% is ment for the cross method only. you need to read some of the forums on here about TCA peels and TCA cross. you'll learn everthing you need to know.