Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
floss

The liver and acne

From what i've gathered there's quite some consensus that the liver is very important as regards acne, as it:

a)breaks down hormones

b)gets rid of toxins.

Why then is it that all the alcoholics i know seem to have perfectly clear skin??

The same reason people eat junk food and shoot heroin have clear skin. They aren't genetically inclined to break out, no matter their toxic conditions.

From what i've gathered there's quite some consensus that the liver is very important as regards acne, as it:

a)breaks down hormones

b)gets rid of toxins.

Why then is it that all the alcoholics i know seem to have perfectly clear skin??

they get rid of toxins in other ways such as storing it as fats....

i love to drink but i have smooth and acneless skin... :D

You left out the bit about only coming on here because you're flogging that Neem shit! You truly are a rodent.

Well i am thin as a rake, d'you reckon the reason i have acne is cos my body won't store toxins as fat so it all comes out of my skin instead?!

Well i am thin as a rake, d'you reckon the reason i have acne is cos my body won't store toxins as fat so it all comes out of my skin instead?!

interesting theory! who knows...

Thats interesting I never though about it but I have always natuarally had a low body fat percentage no matter what I eat or how much I excersise and I have been breaking out for the last 4 years after my fat started to drop off.