Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
keisha

I accidently took 2 pills of accutane

oh my god, I took my usual 40 mg accutane pill with dinner and I forgot that I took it and took another one before I go to bed thinking I was taking Vitamin E because I usually tke vit e before I sleep. Shitt, I hope I'm not in trouble. Has anyone done this before?? I'm scared I'm gonna be all weird in the morning. :pray::shock:

OMG u r not serious..

well it's been nice knowing keisha :D

say hi to the dude with the white beard!

just kiddin, it's ok, tho i wouldn't take another one the next day, coz it's too much..

I know this medicine is like..a big deal and everything. but I don't think it matters THAT much that you took 2 pills instead of one considering people like ME take that much everyday anyway. And it's not because of my weight either. So i really don't think it's gonna matter that much...

I found this on the roche site:

OVERDOSE

The oral LD50 of isotretinoin is greater than 4000 mg/kg in rats and mice (>600 times the recommended clinical dose of 1.0 mg/kg/day after normalization of the rat dose for total body surface area and >300 times the recommended clinical dose of 1.0 mg/kg/day after normalization of the mouse dose for total body surface area) and is approximately 1960 mg/kg in rabbits (653 times the recommended clinical dose of 1.0 mg/kg/day after normalization for total body surface area). In humans, overdosage has been associated with vomiting, facial flushing, cheilosis, abdominal pain, headache, dizziness, and ataxia. All symptoms quickly resolved without apparent residual effects.

So, looks like you'd have to take LOTS of pills to have those effects listed at the end... You'll be ok!

I understand the concern, but in this case it won't affect you in the long term.

hi guys I'm still alive and well :D,,but is it really a good idea to skip a dose or should I just continue on with my usual dose for tonite?

I found this on the roche site:

OVERDOSE

The oral LD50 of isotretinoin is greater than 4000 mg/kg in rats and mice (>600 times the recommended clinical dose of 1.0 mg/kg/day after normalization of the rat dose for total body surface area and >300 times the recommended clinical dose of 1.0 mg/kg/day after normalization of the mouse dose for total body surface area) and is approximately 1960 mg/kg in rabbits (653 times the recommended clinical dose of 1.0 mg/kg/day after normalization for total body surface area). In humans, overdosage has been associated with vomiting, facial flushing, cheilosis, abdominal pain, headache, dizziness, and ataxia. All symptoms quickly resolved without apparent residual effects.

So, looks like you'd have to take LOTS of pills to have those effects listed at the end... You'll be ok!

I understand the concern, but in this case it won't affect you in the long term.

You don't have to skip it if you don't want to, you'll get the correct cumulative dosage either way, but you'll wind up short a pill at the end of the month. There's no harm in skipping it though, and it will reset your dosage pattern so to speak.

I personally wouldn't bother skipping. I have nothing to back this theory up, but if you didn't feel icky last night from 2, I'm sure you'll be okay to resume tonight, and I bet you'll never notice any difference whatsoever! :cool: