Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I've had acne for over 10 years of my life. It's ruined me on the inside as well. I want to test something for myself. I want to stop using all cleansers and moisturizers, and wash my skin once a day with water. I want to see if this will improve my skin, make it worse, or keep it the same. I know my acne has little if nothing to do with diet. I can get acne from certain products and certain supplements though. I'm willing to try this for 3-4 weeks. I have oily skin, but very mild acne. I would of course take pictures and keep notes. I have nothing to lose. Any thoughts?

I've had acne for over 10 years of my life. It's ruined me on the inside as well. I want to test something for myself. I want to stop using all cleansers and moisturizers, and wash my skin once a day with water. I want to see if this will improve my skin, make it worse, or keep it the same. I know my acne has little if nothing to do with diet. I can get acne from certain products and certain supplements though. I'm willing to try this for 3-4 weeks. I have oily skin, but very mild acne. I would of course take pictures and keep notes. I have nothing to lose. Any thoughts?

ive heard a few claims that just water is good. but some ppl actually noticed a difference with purified/bottled water :eh: also seawater 2 .i havent tested either theories tho.....if ur skin's really oily ull prob break out at first...&ur skin would have 2 adjust.. what about a natural toner like witchhazel(?)2 keep the oil at bay &close ur pores.. someone recommended drinking fresh lemon juice in the morning&afternoon half hr or so b4 meals...ive been doing that &i think its helping :angel: anywayz goodluck with ur experiment.

I guess I'm just trying to find out if over washing or using acne cleansers really makes things worse. I can tell if the type of acne I get is from irritation or hormone related. I do use Ahava toner, which contains witch hazel.

Currently I'm using Purpose Gentle Wash; I had dropped the Neutrogena Oil-Free that had 2% SA. My skin is much better, and I'm not breaking out as much as before when I was using the Neutrogena.

Washing with certain acne products can cause more breakouts.

I'm starting to realize that a lot of products make me break out. The trick is to find out what ingredient is doing it.

yeh. go for it bedrock. let us know how it goes. there seems to be quite alot of posts about washing with just plain water these few days. give it a go. i might give it a go depending on how u guys find it. gluck

you sound like a man on the edge... it's dangerous out there. no hope and no turning back, throwing away the cleansers and moisturizers... possibly forever? I've seen people go down the path your travelling on before, it's not always pretty. There is an ancient tale about a man who done got the same darned idea mixed up inside his head. One day he just stopped thinking about his acne all together... and the very next day, it was GONE!!!....... Next thing, he noticed that it had gone, turned around, and it came back.

you sound like a man on the edge... it's dangerous out there. no hope and no turning back, throwing away the cleansers and moisturizers... possibly forever? I've seen people go down the path your travelling on before, it's not always pretty. There is an ancient tale about a man who done got the same darned idea mixed up inside his head. One day he just stopped thinking about his acne all together... and the very next day, it was GONE!!!....... Next thing, he noticed that it had gone, turned around, and it came back.

I've also heard a tale about a man that roamed the streets providing useless babble. Although modernised, one could say that your posts emulate this fable.

You're more than welcome to try it, but I doubt whether you will see any true success with it. Someone would have twigged by now whether the "do nothing" regime did any good, thats what you have to think

Guest Gentle~Rain

I think it would be great to see somebody actually document this type of theory. If you do it, start a log so we can check in and see how it is going. I have recently dropped my chemical regimen ( the regimen here) in leu of a more gentle approach. I would love to hear how this goes for somebody. Are you male or female? Only curious too see if you wear makeup and if so will you remove it first ( with what?) then just wash with water?

I always wanted to try this but didnt have the guts yet. Hopefully you can inspirer me.

I gave up using acne products and my skin got A LOT better! Now I just us a gentle cleanser and some lotion. I would try giving up acne products first and then move on to the "just water" regimen, you could just have mild acne because you use products with BP and SA in them.

I'm a 27 year old male. I have mild acne. I wash my face 2 times a day, but only at night do I use a cleanser. It seems that even when I use cleansers and toners, that my skin doesn't seem to improve much compared to using warm water. I actually did use only water to wash my skin for about 2-3 weeks. The funny thing is that my skin felt better, and that my acne didn't really get worse. I do like the feeling of using my gel cleanser once a day though. What I want to do is free myself from any cleanser and moisturizer for at least a month. If my acne is not improving from simple cleansing, then it can't get much worse. I will probably start this on Feb. 1st.