Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
progrockguy

My Sebaceous Cyst BLOODBATH

So this enormous cyst that's been bothering me somehow ruptured on its own.

It was really big: imagine a cone, 1.5in high and 1/2in wide, and maybe raised 1/4 in - right by my ear and sideburn too.

Want an idea of how much blood was involved?

IPB Image

This is the first paper that I immediately placed on my face after noticing some blood droplets:

It's in a trash can with the dozen other tissues that I used, but you can definitely see the big red stain.

Pretty gross, huh?

==================

EDIT: Pictures

I got the impression that a few people here don't believe the above picture is actual blood (and probaly my story as well), so here are some definitive pictures for you skeptics (once again by my phone-camera):

IPB ImageIPB Image

IPB Image

*lol* i really don't know why, but this post and some of the replies made me laugh. inappropriate laughter, i know.. sorry, but i think it's only because it reminds me of something similar that happened to me..

so, what happened to the cyst since then? has it gone away?

does that blood look pink/false?

Yea, the color is way off because I used my phone's camera. And NO it's not false; that is some mixture of blood + oil.

As for pain, I didn't really experience any, however once in a while some spots hurt occasionally.

The cyst is still underneath my skin; I can feel and see the firm bulge, but it's MUCH smaller now, not as noticeable as before.

I bandage up the cyst before sleep and in the morning, but the cyst still oozes a good amount of stuff everytime I replace the bandaid.

===========

Looking back on it, I also find the story humorous, but it's not like I have nothing to worry about anymore.

The damn thing can get infected (really BAD) or grow once again. Hopefully this doxycyline stuff works.

Guest Grow_To_Overthrow

That looks like the ink from a highlighter. The dark peach colored ones.

No, but I still think it's awesome. Wow. Is that bar of soap on your counter by any chance the Basis vitamin bar soap?

Guest Grow_To_Overthrow

I extract my highlighter comment, that there is some pink blood. It's left a nasty dent in your skin though, best of luck with everything.

damn..i'm sorry.. that is exactly like the cyst i had by my ear at one time, and the same thing happened to mine.