Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
miliys

Started regimen last night. not a good start

So ive been on this regimen b4, but i didnt do everything to the letter. So this time im gonna do it properly and stick it out.

Started last night, washed with this natural pear transparent soap thing, waited 10 mins, then applied 3/4 finger bp to my whole face, then waited another 10 mins, then applied nuetrogena oil free moisturizer. No stinging or drying sensation yet. But after i work up, man, wot the hell!!! like 8 new spots!! huge ones too!!! and the smaller spots i had prior to last night, seems like theyve taken a dose of steroids or 2 and like doubled in size!! Should there be that much of a effect in only one night??!!!

Im about to order some cleanser and moisturizer but im not sure which ones to use. which ones are the best?? i mean im looking at the list from the "acne/spots supplies outside US", but not sure which ones i should go for. ne idea?? or is it purely different for everyone? thanx

So ive been on this regimen b4, but i didnt do everything to the letter. So this time im gonna do it properly and stick it out.

Started last night, washed with this natural pear transparent soap thing, waited 10 mins, then applied 3/4 finger bp to my whole face, then waited another 10 mins, then applied nuetrogena oil free moisturizer. No stinging or drying sensation yet. But after i work up, man, wot the hell!!! like 8 new spots!! huge ones too!!! and the smaller spots i had prior to last night, seems like theyve taken a dose of steroids or 2 and like doubled in size!! Should there be that much of a effect in only one night??!!!

Im about to order some cleanser and moisturizer but im not sure which ones to use. which ones are the best?? i mean im looking at the list from the "acne/spots supplies outside US", but not sure which ones i should go for. ne idea?? or is it purely different for everyone? thanx

don't worry man, just try to stick with the regimen. i may not be in the position to tell you this but based on people's post, to get results you have to stick with the regimen and follow it to a T. i started last saturday and got the same results you got. new zits, big and small. now, they're starting to fade away one by one. so yeah, hope that helps.

a good cleanser woujld be obagi or cetaphil. obagi leaves your skin so smooth and soft. rosy pink, too, not red. cetaphil is also great. being the number one cleanser used by models and celebritites. at least that's what i read. for the moisturizer, try mario badescu oil-free moisturizer with spf 15 for the day, and mario badescu oil-free moisturizer by night. go to www.mariobadescu.com. so there. :)

good luck!! :angel:

my regimen:

obagi foaming cleanser

neutrogena on-the-spot acne treatment

mario badescu oil-free moisturizer with spf 15

thanx man. yeh, i expected there to be an outbreak b4 getting better. but just didnt expect it to hit this soon and this HARD!!!! arghhh. but yeh, ill just have to stick it out like everyone else.

just ordered cetaphil cleanser and the neutrogena oil-free moisturizer. but most prob wont get them till like 10-14 days. oh wells...

3/4 finger of bp and its your first night.. ease up half is max you should be using

Most important with products: Fragrance Free and Non-comedogenic

cleanser: something liquid if dryness is a real problem spectro jel (canada only) or the eucerin pore purifying cleanser seems to be getting some really positive responses. Theres also bar cleansers out there from cetaphil, purpose and basis that do the job fine but some complain about the flakyness and dryness.

Moisturizer: Your just starting out so something like eucerin renewal isnt recommended. Look at the product treatment ratings on the site to get an idea of what moisturizer to get.

Be extremely gentle when cleansing and applying the bp gel & moisturizer

Re-read the guide to the regimen plenty of times

theknown. thanx for the advice. its not my first time on the regimen, so i thought i cud use a tad more than the first time round. plus, i used it over almost my entire face.

ive already ordered the products, im just waiting for them.