Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
STEVEN1

bp's reaction to the sun?

when your on the regime and your skin gets use to the bp how different is your skin's sensitivity to the sun or uv light then it is when your not on bp? because i plan on going beach tanning ./ tanning beds soon and wanted to find this out. because i know uv lights and sun is bad for you in hte first place but i just wanted to know " HOW" bad it is while on bp. ( SPF 15 mousiriszter also )

yeah me too, i'm not sure how much more bad tanning is for you when on bp. i do the regimen every night. i go tanning in the morning without the regimen. i def dont put on bp WHILE tanning, i just dont do the regimen the few days a wk i go tanning. i know i tan easier since i started the regimen though but does any1 know if its that much more bad for you while using bp?

yeah me too, i'm not sure how much more bad tanning is for you when on bp. i do the regimen every night. i go tanning in the morning without the regimen. i def dont put on bp WHILE tanning, i just dont do the regimen the few days a wk i go tanning. i know i tan easier since i started the regimen though but does any1 know if its that much more bad for you while using bp?

i dont think it really matters if you use bp or not while your tanning.. either way you look at it, your damaging your skin bad enough by tanning.

I was thinking about going to the tanning bed just to get a little color since it's too cold for the beach, how long have you been tanning while on the regimen? I've been before, no big deal, I just don't want to go in there and come out with a burnt face because of the bp. . does it help you in any way?

I don't think that there is any "safe" way to tan, unfortunately, studies have shown tanning beds to be just as unsafe as baking in the sun.

Use that spf on your skin people, please!!!! I don't know how much bp makes the skin more sensitive, but it does. I'd suggest if you absolutely have to tan, put sunscreen on your face since it will be extra sensitive while using just about ANY acne medication, it's just the smart thing to do to protect it, especially for the future of your skin.

I truly believe bp magnifies the damage done by the sun (and tanning beds) from personal experience as I used to put heaps of it on my face and I got freckles on those areas whereas other areas seemed fine. Thankfully they are fading after I learnt of this and stopped it.

I was thinking about going to the tanning bed just to get a little color since it's too cold for the beach, how long have you been tanning while on the regimen? I've been before, no big deal, I just don't want to go in there and come out with a burnt face because of the bp. . does it help you in any way?

i've been tanning for 1.5-2 yrs, and i started to regimen 2-3 wks ago. you get darker and burn easier definately. before the regimen i was going 4-5 days a wk. now i only go 2-3 days a wk and im still the same darkness.

do people just not care how damaging tanning beds are? it seems no matter how bad they are for you.. people just dont care and continue to use them.. but boy will they regret it.

do people just not care how damaging tanning beds are? it seems no matter how bad they are for you.. people just dont care and continue to use them.. but boy will they regret it.

once again, i agree with you. as for "youre going to get old and wrinkly anyway," yeah, at 60, not in your 30s and 40s. Save yourself a decade or two! for the love of goodd. but on the flipside, the more they tan the better ill look compared to them. ha...hahahaha....hahahahha!!!

again though, protect your skin like theres no tomorrow if youre going to use bp. i have a nasty forehead and wrinkles under my eyes. and it aint from dryness! sigh. save yourselves, its too late for me