Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

This is my first time visiting this website and I need advice on what to do to det rid of my face acne. I have recently stopped drinking pop(I may have 1 or 2 here and there at a friends house but not very often) and I also have stopped eating chocolate almost all togather. I wash my face in the morning when I wake up and before I go to bed with just regular bars of soap and that obciously isn't enough. I try not to pick at them but sometimes I can't help it when it looks like it would be easy to squeeze. I need to know what is the best product for acne?

My main problem are pimples and they are pretty red. I also have a small problem with blackheads but my main concern is the red pimples. The number of pimples I have aren't to bad but the pimples themselves are. They are large and red.

Any help would be appreciated.

I recommend starting out with "synthetic brush exfoliation" -- TONS of information on this site, just do a search on that phrase and you'll see. There are a couple of threads right on this forum.

All you need to get started is a mild cleanser like Cetaphil, a battery-powered Oral B toothbrush and some neosporin cream. Everything is cheap and easy to find, and lots of people get great results.

If that doesn't work, come back to the board ...

Q

thanks a lot, I appreciate it.

I was also wondering if toothpaste helps get rid of acne, I read some stuff on here but I am still unsure whether it works at all. Also, what about Green Tea.

I am asking about these because I am limited on transportation, my dad is a single parent and I don't have my liscense yet so I don't go shopping all that often.

thanks a lot, I appreciate it.

I was also wondering if toothpaste helps get rid of acne, I read some stuff on here but I am still unsure whether it works at all. Also, what about Green Tea.

I am asking about these because I am limited on transportation, my dad is a single parent and I don't have my liscense yet so I don't go shopping all that often.

From someone who has tried EVERYTHING! And I mean that!!!

---WARNING ABOUT USING TOOTHPASTE!! Sure it sucks the "moisture" right out of the zit but also in the surrounding skin. This leads to dry, flaky, red, irritated skin that only leads to another batch o' zits! Also, I can't be sure but I think that using toothpaste also caused most of my acne scarring! It just eats away at your skin! If you want to try it BE VERY CAREFUL!

--I recommend using BP or a sulfur med to spot treat but really you can & should use the BP over your entire face (like you can read about on this site) to prevent as well as treat acne.

-- I really have had a good experience with THE REGIMEN on this site as well as EXPOSED SKIN CARE which you can only find online at exposedskincare.com. It's a little expensive but worth it.

-- IF you're limited to OTC meds then go for an oil free fash wash (one that contains BP or salycilic acid would be best), oil free moisturizer (I like neutrogena daily skin renewal), and BP cream.

-- Hair, Skin, and Nails vitamins. Lots of B and A vitamis are really helpful.

-- GREEN TEA is great for removing toxins from your body. Drink it and lots of water as often as you can!

Good luck.

Green Tea gives you slow results like honestly just drinking the TEA alone won't help to get rid of your acne. Try the Synthetic brush regimen it's easy to get the products and less work!!

The BP regimen does work but do you want your skin to always feel dry and flakey also using chemicals on the face in the long run isn't good!!

This is my first time visiting this website and I need advice on what to do to det rid of my face acne. I have recently stopped drinking pop(I may have 1 or 2 here and there at a friends house but not very often) and I also have stopped eating chocolate almost all togather. I wash my face in the morning when I wake up and before I go to bed with just regular bars of soap and that obciously isn't enough. I try not to pick at them but sometimes I can't help it when it looks like it would be easy to squeeze. I need to know what is the best product for acne?

My main problem are pimples and they are pretty red. I also have a small problem with blackheads but my main concern is the red pimples. The number of pimples I have aren't to bad but the pimples themselves are. They are large and red.

Any help would be appreciated.

all i know is that any type of scrubbing has always made me break out worse. and this is through 10 years of experience with Buff Puffs, exfoliating scrubs, and wash cloths. i'm not knocking anyone's method however, i'm sure the brush thing really does work great for some people but i dont' think my skin could take it.

and of course green tea alone can't cure acne. i have just read many many articles about its great detox effects.

Green Tea gives you slow results like honestly just drinking the TEA alone won't help to get rid of your acne. Try the Synthetic brush regimen it's easy to get the products and less work!!

The BP regimen does work but do you want your skin to always feel dry and flakey also using chemicals on the face in the long run isn't good!!

Yeah, I agree with that 100%. I would try the synthetic brush regimen first and give it at least a month ... if you aren't seeing any results, THEN come back and check out the Clear Skin Regimen.

Green tea is great stuff, but it isn't going to do much for you on its own ... and personally I would not use toothpaste on my face.

Q

The synthetic brush method is the least time consuming and does help significantly... Myself, Queen of the Hills, Iceboi, Jessicastuart24 and a bunch of us use the same method with spectacular results... Personally I find that the clear skin regimen takes wayyy to much time and can really irritate your skin... I'm not knocking anyone else's regimen, its just that the synthetic brush method is convenient and works if done the correct way...

I read that you can only use Jessica's exfoliation routine for red marks and therefore, only after your acne clears up, right?

Also, I meant Eucerin Daily Skin Renewal mositurizer up there, not Neutrogena. I use Neutrogena clear skin make up.

That's not my take on it at all. Yes, jessfoliation is great for getting rid of redmarks -- but also, I understand that Jessica cleared up her own acne using this method. She has some pretty impressive pics posted.

If you want more info, read her thread, or even PM her -- she has been super about helping people succeed with this method.

Q

That's not my take on it at all. Yes, jessfoliation is great for getting rid of redmarks -- but also, I understand that Jessica cleared up her own acne using this method. She has some pretty impressive pics posted.

If you want more info, read her thread, or even PM her -- she has been super about helping people succeed with this method.

Q

Really? OK well I have to read more it's just that there are so many threads on so many things and I don't have time to do much else but skim as I am always at work when I log on. I'll try to read more about it. Her skin looks great I know and I have seen a lot of positive feedback. But I know that if I do it while I'm still a zit face I'll just make matters worse. I used to do nothing BUT exfoliate and never ever got clearer until I used Dan's regimine of gently cleansing. I hope to be clear enough soon to try the Jess method.

How is your skin now?

Thanks for the response!

Well, it doesn't work for everyone. If the regimen is working for you, that's great, stick with it!!

My skin is the best it's been in a long time ... after a lot of experimenting, I've finally found a combo of products & techniques that works for me. Now I just hope it KEEPS working. :)

good luck!

Q

T-Baum...if I were you, next time you hit Wal-Mart, grab the Walmart brand of Cetaphil Cleanser and Moisterizer (its much cheaper and has the same ingredients as the Cetaphil) and get the Neutrogena On-The-Spot cream and start Dan's Clear Skin Regimen.

When you can, order Dan's gel online, it will last you a TON longer and is cheaper in the long run than the little tube Neutrogena sells, but at least that will get you going.

I understand the other peeps talking about exfoliation...but maybe he should clear up his skin and get rid of the open or active acne first.

just my 2 cents of course =)