Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I went to my derm, with no hassle he gave me Accutane 40mg 1 pill per day and he said I'll probably just need a short term of tane like 3 months or so but we'll see. Also he gave me duac gel and said I should use that for a bit until I notice my skin is getting too dry. Is that really safe? Also he took my blood and sprayed something on my face called Nitro...something. And I also asked him about the inital outbreak, he said it'll proly not happen maybe that's why he gave me the duac gel.

I see that I'm not the only one using a topical antibiotic with BP on Accutane but don't you guys think that my doc isn't a little whacked by telling me I'll proly only need a short-term tane use like 3 months and there proly isn't going to be a initial outbreak?

Mine said that most get some form of a breakout in the beginning and accutane should be prescribed for 4-6 months to be completely effective but every derm says something different!