Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
GravityAlwaysWins

Starting Accutane Tonight

I'm starting accutane treatment tonight (40mg twice a day) and I know you are not supposed to drink a lot of alcohol while on the drug. My questions is, is it okay to smoke weed while on accutane?

Ive been on it for 43 days now and i still smoke weed. about a week ago once i smoked a joint i got this big ass head rush and almost fell over, i dunno if it was the tane or just the weed was hella good, ha.

So far everything said here has been pretty crappy advice. Smoking weed won't do anything negative to your skin in terms of acne, but it can and will increase the amount of time it will take to recover from accutane once you stop taking it. So, if you want chapped lips, dry eyes, sensitivity to light, easy bruising, and muscle pains longer after you're done with accutane, then go ahead and continue to light up.

Yes you can smoke weed. This uninformed opinion that it causes more body aches,recovery time,etc. is unproven to say the least. Say what you will about alcohol or hard drugs,weed really does not fall into that category. So go ahead and light up.

So far everything said here has been pretty crappy advice. Smoking weed won't do anything negative to your skin in terms of acne, but it can and will increase the amount of time it will take to recover from accutane once you stop taking it. So, if you want chapped lips, dry eyes, sensitivity to light, easy bruising, and muscle pains longer after you're done with accutane, then go ahead and continue to light up.

? What is the proof of this?

These side-effects will continue to persist after a course of Accutane regardless of marijuana use or not. Why do you believe marijuana will prolonge their manifestations? Any evidence - besides your own - to back up this claim?

It can tweak your liver in much the same way alcohol can and can alarm your doctor and possibly get your med pulled. It would be best to abstain so that your liver only has to deal with the Accutane, but if you won't abstain then don't smoke too often, and you probably want to avoid it completely for about three days before your blood tests. Moderation at the most.

Of course it goes without saying that there are other health risks associated with habitual marijuana smoking, very similar to cigarette smoking.

i dunno if it can make your acne worse but i'll tell one thing don't exagerate with anything. .

I had a big night out last saturday, alcohol and cocaine. . .

i woke up with my face really bad, its taken days to recover. . .

nah, i'm not going to do that for a long time. .